Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 02-01-2019, 09:44 PM   #15
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEAPON-X View Post
Haha thanks Todd What you mean this monster?

Stop teasing!!!
More pics as long as the owner is ok with it. Otherwise you’re just teasing us!
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 07:01 PM   #16
WEAPON-X

Drives: ZL1 ATS-V CTS-V C7Z Range Sport SC
Well, we wrapped up Todd's car last week as planned and I greatly appreciate the extra time with it as it gave us time to do a little more with it and it was definitely worth the R&D! This kit staved off heat like nothing I have ever seen before with natural air cooling.

In case no one sees it... on kill this car made 666whp AND 666wtq
Truly Satan's Sleigh

Digesting the data:

The first goal here is to educate you guys on just what the relevant temperatures are. The main temp that really matters to the spark table is the MAT (Manifold Air Temp), which is GM's shot at a calculated algorithm to determine the intake valve air temp as it enters the cylinder... in lower cylinder airmass, it relies more on the ECT (Engine Coolant Temp) and in higher cyl airmass, it relies more on the IATs (Intake Air Temps) since the supercharger is in boost. So, this is the value we need to appease. This is ALSO why you see the MAT value start higher before a pull and drop as you start moving air as it is transferring "clout" from ECT to IATs.

Stage 1 with his mods:
As it came in, the car was making power, but it wasn't happy doing it as you can see in the upper RPM band with how jagged the graph was and stepping down in the higher RPM range, nosing over at just 5,800 RPMs and as Todd put, the car lives between 4500 and 6500 RPMs on the track, so this was simply leaving a lot on the table!

Stage 2 with the stock cooling setup:
The stock HX setup with just a 2.3" pulley and ported supercharger with headers would get to nearly 160° within a few pulls over the course of 20 minutes or so... with our twin pump setup with the expansion tank, we couldn't get the Manifold Air Temps (which is what the spark table is based off of) over 130°. Spark would reach 20° of timing by 6000 RPMs, but then start pulling timing out due to the heat. This is also apparent in the graphs as you can see the tuned 2.3" with the stock HX setup on run 2 is falling off and we were not able to reach his goal of 100whp gain up top.

Stage 2 with our Triple XL setup:
Lastly on run 3, we added our Triple XL setup with our Heat Exchangers and twin pump and bumper tank setup and we were doing pull after pull and could not get the MAT over 130° on the dyno, so imagine the airflow cramming through on the straightaways! With this setup, we were able to gain great power up top and actually achieve that 100whp gain, which we made nearly 150whp/wtq down low already, so while I was expecting to see some gains, I really was not expecting to see this much!

Overall, this is a killer track setup and I can't wait to see what he does this year!

WEAPON-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 07:50 AM   #17
Intimidator

Drives: 69 GTO, 05 GTO, 2018 Silver ZL1
Very Nice..."Cool" as hell! Lol
Intimidator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 03:04 PM   #18
Mcmillion

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1998 SS 1992 Typhoon
Nice build, is this IC option recommended over a chiller for road racing?
Mcmillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 05:41 PM   #19
meSSohappy

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
What octane fuel?
DAVENPORT STAGE 2 PLUS - 2" ARH ceramic coated headers - 3" ARH catless exhaust - Stock NPP mufflers - Kong ported SC - Katech 103 ported TB - Rotofab 5" Big gulp CAI - 22.5% lower pulley - ATI Harmonic balancer - Cordes SC expansion tank - MSD hi temp ignition wires - Koolsox spark plug insulators - custom tunes - 660hp/725tq pump - 713hp/763tq race

meSSohappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 06:35 AM   #20
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Can I get pricing on just the bumper mount reservoir tank?

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 07:14 AM   #21
2out2sea

Drives: 2018 hyper blue ZL1 1LE
Since vergence racing is close to me I am having them add the ported supercharger from weapon x, coated kooks 2", big gulp Cai, 103 tb and tune next month. Planning on adding the heat exchanger kit later either this summer or next spring.
2out2sea is offline   Reply With Quote