Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 01-10-2020, 05:32 PM   #225
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abubaca View Post
If you were to take every Camaro from the '67 First Gen, to the theoretical EV 7th gen, and draw a line in the sand marking the point where the "true" Camaro ended, I'm not sure which side the 5th and 6th gen would be on. Not sure the old school guys would consider "us" on their team.

As an "old school" guy myself, I absolutely LOVE my 16 SS. LOVE it! But as the 6th gen crushes all previous generations in almost every category, with technology that was only science fiction when the first camaro debuted, I'm not sure "we" can turn our nose up to advancing technology and claim that somehow "we" are true Camaros, but an EV Camaro isn't. I mean, doesn't a TRUE Camaro have Bias ply tires? doesn't a TRUE Camaro have a carb? Doesn't a TRUE Camaro have distributor? Doesn't a TRUE Camaro have a solid rear axle? ...and doesn't it have a ICE??? I bet almost every model year, and certainly every generation of Camaro had new tech that seemed foo-foo and the older model guys kinda snickered and laughed at a little. Skip shift? Really?

I frankly have no interest in a EV Camaro. I'll likely enjoy my 6th gen for many years to come and go back to the 60's with a 69 Z28, which has always been a dream of mine. But I hope that when I do, the "new" Camaro will be kicking butt and taking names. -and if it's an EV, then so be it. I'm sure the EV Camaro forums will be talking just as much smack as all of us are now.
So long as there’s a naturally aspirated, non-hybrid, manual transmission V8 available, the Camaro is still in line with the original 1967.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 07:00 PM   #226
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
So long as there’s a naturally aspirated, non-hybrid, manual transmission V8 available, the Camaro is still in line with the original 1967.
I'll drink to that!
Old 01-11-2020, 12:14 PM   #227
len_eng

Drives: 2024 Radiant Red 2SS, 1994 Z28,
I have a 2018 2SS which is my fourth Camaro so far (94,13,15 and 18). I am not interested in an electric car, otherwise I would buy a Tesla or a Bolt. I have thought about it and come to the conclusion that it is simply a poor investment. With a limited range it is nearly impossible to consider going on a long drive, a fill up with gas takes all of a few minutes, what about the line for the limited charging stations. Charging takes a great deal of time if you are lucky enough to find a charging station (no five minute turn arounds like a gas fill up). Also there is no selection as there is on gasoline stations (you end up having to pay whatever the charging station says you have to pay-no shopping around) In the NE electricity is not exactly inexpensive. Finally how much room will these batteries take up? There is precious little in the sixth generation vehicles. Electrics also suffer from rather high depreciation due to the degradation of the batteries. Finally and most importantly GM does not seem to support the Camaro very well (TC issues and Dual Mode exhaust issues ) how well will they support electric vehicles which will be completely new from stem to stern. I always wait several years from the initial release of a new design to get the bugs out, my first fifth generation was a 13 and my first sixth gen is the 18. How long until they get the bugs worked out if it goes electric?
len_eng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 10:24 AM   #228
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 02:34 PM   #229
Deputy Dog