Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-25-2016, 12:22 PM   #29
clarkkent

Drives: 2013 2SS (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
Steve Forza, creator/owner of that Forza 3-way switch.

You don't pass the 95dB requirement with the fuse in, because even with fuse in, after 3500rpm or so, and/or at WOT, the flaps by default open up, essentially now a straight pipe!

"Fuse in" really applies to partial throttle, idle, and anything below 3000rpm. Totally useless in hot spirited type of driving.

Right???

With a switch, to always keep the flaps closed, regardless of what rpm or WOT operation, you are now making full use of the mufflers. IMHO, this will pass the 95dB test, based on the newer Camaro vid I provided previous post.

I doubt our LS3 is louder than the newer gen V8. Or is it?
It's still pretty loud, even with the stealth mode activated. I haven't measured it with a dB meter to be sure though.

Our LS3 WITH headers/HFC's is probably louder than a newer gen V8
Old 04-30-2016, 01:48 PM   #30
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkkent View Post
It's still pretty loud, even with the stealth mode activated. I haven't measured it with a dB meter to be sure though.

Our LS3 WITH headers/HFC's is probably louder than a newer gen V8
It is loud with stealth mode activated, but no way it is over 95dB. I'll test it once I finish installing my new lights, and the rains pass on Mon-Tues. Need to confirm my observations with a proper apparatus.

What exactly do you mean when saying that our LS3 WITH headers/HFC's is probably louder than a newer gen V8? Is the newer Gen V8 stock in your example, or on equal foot, mod for mod? If the latter, how do you figure technically speaking?
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 01:22 PM   #31
Boulderbust454

Drives: 2010 camaro
All ARH

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEfPSHdOG92/
Boulderbust454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 02:52 PM   #32
clarkkent

Drives: 2013 2SS (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
It is loud with stealth mode activated, but no way it is over 95dB. I'll test it once I finish installing my new lights, and the rains pass on Mon-Tues. Need to confirm my observations with a proper apparatus.

What exactly do you mean when saying that our LS3 WITH headers/HFC's is probably louder than a newer gen V8? Is the newer Gen V8 stock in your example, or on equal foot, mod for mod? If the latter, how do you figure technically speaking?
Sorry, based on your response I thought you were comparing our LS3 with headers/HFC's with stealth mode to a stock LT1.
Old 05-03-2016, 09:59 PM   #33
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkkent View Post
Sorry, based on your response I thought you were comparing our LS3 with headers/HFC's with stealth mode to a stock LT1.
I see...

Post#22, and the YouTube vid comparing sound dB's on different variations of exhaust on the LT1, is what my consequent responses were based on.

In that vid, the same afore spoken exhaust setup that USAFS197 was concerned about, DID NOT exceed 95dB. However, it was a LT1, not a LS3, hence my question regarding LS3 dB vs LT1, even though I hypothesized that it should be ball park the same scenario, for both.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote