Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 10-18-2023, 08:43 AM   #1
Nataphen

Drives: None
LPE Low Side Check Valve

I’m gathering all my odds and ends for when I start working on this thing and I was curious if anyone has proven that the LPE high flow check valve can be helpful. I’ll be running the Katech dual pump low side, stock HPFP and injectors, and stock cam. I’m not planning to upgrade the fuel pump lobe unless I ever have to change the oil pump, lifters, or anything else I may need to open it up for. Final plans for now are Kong X port with stock pulleys, bolt-ons with GESI catted headers, and as much ethanol content as possible. I haven’t found any definitive information on how well the valve upgrade works. Will it give me a little help maintaining HPFP pressure? Thanks.
Nataphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2023, 08:54 AM   #2
Katech_Zach

Drives: 14 Camaro SS 1LE
I would suggest running XDI 30% over injectors, it will help get through the HPFP falling off.

When I tested a large -10an check valve to replace the factory integrated check valve, I did not gain any improvement around 900rwhp on E85 (attempt to run this). At your power level, I would not worry about it right now.
Katech_Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2023, 09:03 AM   #3
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
^agree
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2023, 09:15 AM   #4
Nataphen

I’ve been considering the +30% injectors too, so I appreciate confirmation that it’s worth it on this setup. Thanks so much for the help.
Old 10-18-2023, 09:23 AM   #5
Rapid_blue_zl1_22

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataphen View Post
I’m gathering all my odds and ends for when I start working on this thing and I was curious if anyone has proven that the LPE high flow check valve can be helpful. I’ll be running the Katech dual pump low side, stock HPFP and injectors, and stock cam. I’m not planning to upgrade the fuel pump lobe unless I ever have to change the oil pump, lifters, or anything else I may need to open it up for. Final plans for now are Kong X port with stock pulleys, bolt-ons with GESI catted headers, and as much ethanol content as possible. I haven’t found any definitive information on how well the valve upgrade works. Will it give me a little help maintaining HPFP pressure? Thanks.
Sounds like you are going to have an almost identical setup as me. The only thing different is the GESI cats, but I've been wanting to order a set for street driving. My goal is also as much ethanol as possible for track use.

Performance: Kong X-Port OEM blower, 1 7/8" TSP headers (Polydyn coated), Corsa Intake/X-pipe/NPP Exhaust, LT5 95MM TB, DSX FlexFuel sensor, Dedicated Motorsports inline fuel filter / fender tank, Katech Dual fuel pump, WeaponX Boost freeze chiller, WeaponX center and aux HX, PWR oil cooler, Elite E-2X catch can, and Griffin Motorsports front crash bar. Tuned by Pat G 731 WHP on a Mustang Dyno.

Suspension/Brakes: Eibach lowering springs, Vorshlag camber plates, Full SPL rear control arms, DSC Sport suspension controller, Blackwing F/R brake cooling ducts.
Rapid_blue_zl1_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2023, 09:31 AM   #6
Nataphen

My track event attendance these days is nonexistent, but maybe one day I’ll get back to it. I mainly just hate jacking with blending. Lol
Old 10-18-2023, 09:47 AM   #7
Rapid_blue_zl1_22

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataphen View Post
My track event attendance these days is nonexistent, but maybe one day I’ll get back to it. I mainly just hate jacking with blending. Lol
I will actually be in your area next weekend. I will be attending the NASA track day at MSR Cresson on the 28-29th. Let me know if you want to drop by, always nice to meet other enthusiasts!

Performance: Kong X-Port OEM blower, 1 7/8" TSP headers (Polydyn coated), Corsa Intake/X-pipe/NPP Exhaust, LT5 95MM TB, DSX FlexFuel sensor, Dedicated Motorsports inline fuel filter / fender tank, Katech Dual fuel pump, WeaponX Boost freeze chiller, WeaponX center and aux HX, PWR oil cooler, Elite E-2X catch can, and Griffin Motorsports front crash bar. Tuned by Pat G 731 WHP on a Mustang Dyno.

Suspension/Brakes: Eibach lowering springs, Vorshlag camber plates, Full SPL rear control arms, DSC Sport suspension controller, Blackwing F/R brake cooling ducts.
Rapid_blue_zl1_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2023, 10:02 AM   #8
Nataphen

The two stations near me are E60-E70 year round, so that will be helpful, but I will keep those things in mind moving forward. I always have gauges mounted with fuel pressures, AFR, knock, various temps, etc. when I start tuning, so I’ll keep a close eye on it all. If necessary, maybe DSX’s forthcoming PI with OEM controls will be on my list. I’m fine with that, I just don’t like aux controllers. I want the ECM to know what’s going on with everything.
Old 10-18-2023, 10:03 AM   #9
Nataphen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_blue_zl1_22 View Post
I will actually be in your area next weekend. I will be attending the NASA track day at MSR Cresson on the 28-29th. Let me know if you want to drop by, always nice to meet other enthusiasts!
MSR is a nice track. I won’t be able to make it out, but I’m sure you’ll have a blast. Tons of good people out there to chat with.
Old 10-18-2023, 10:11 AM   #10
XXX ZL1

Drives: 2024 ZL1 M6
This is what the anti drain valve looks like. Hard to believe it can flow as well as it does. 😂.
Attached Images

High PSI Billet Valve Covers, Mighty Mouse Wild CC

Signature Forged 20x10.5/20x11.5, 295/30-315/30,
BMR springs, BMR Cradle lockout, AAD Billet
Control/Trailing arms

2023 Vivid Orange ZL1 M6 - sold
2019 Riverside Blue ZL1 A10 - sold
XXX ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2023, 10:33 AM   #11
Nataphen

It does look like it would be a valid concern for sure. Fluid dynamics can be surprising sometimes.