Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-14-2018, 02:48 PM   #1
iJeremey

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS ; 2010 Camaro LS
Removing Wipers for HighRise Intake??

Hey y’all,
I’m new here, my names Jeremey(obviously, right?), and I live in a small town in southern Indiana. I’ve been on the forums peeking around a little bit because I’ve recently bought a 2011 2SS Camaro, with the intentions of building and boosting it. Now this will be my first ever LS Build. Having said that though I’ve built numerous engines, but none with the plans that I have with this beauty. I’ve also never worked on ANYTHING near to this new. So that brings me to this point.. I’ve never had issues with having to remove wipers due to a high rise intake.. why is it that I’m hearing on these body styles we are having too? Is it clipping them somehow? If so where at? What exactly is the issue? My car will be a daily street we and I need my wipers, and absolutely love high rise intakes. If necessary I won’t go with one but prefer too.
Thank you in advance everyone,
Jeremey
iJeremey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 02:54 PM   #2
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
The Holley Hi Ram won't clear the cowl so you have to cut it. The linkage arm that runs the passenger side wiper follows along the cowl. You have to remove that arm or it won't clear the hi ram.

NRE in CA posted a video about a camaro where they modified the passenger linkage arm to work but it really doesn't show what they did. They just mention it in passing in the video.

Go look at your car and see where the factory intake runs a little under the cowl. Now, imagine an intake 5+" higher and you'll see what it entails.

I don't miss mine. It is still a little weird after a car wash though until I can wipe off the car. My car is not a daily driver and lives in a garage so rain is a non-issue.
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 03:31 PM   #3
iJeremey

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS ; 2010 Camaro LS
Cowl isn’t an issue. I have a 5” cowl hood ready for the car. I was just unsure as to why the wipers were needing removed. Thank you for the quick reply. I will definitely be checking it out. I will just have to browse for mid or just normal. Might go with the air force intake from MSD.
iJeremey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 03:35 PM   #4
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Not the hood. The cowl part of the camaro body.
Attached Images

blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 03:36 PM   #5
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
this one should work https://lodspeedworks.com/products/