Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-30-2020, 10:52 AM   #43
Vaska

Drives: On Hiatus
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
I can only hope you don't work a client facing or customer service job.

We, as in, quite a number of people just on this forum (you can look it up in the AWE and other misc threads), want an additional, manual, individual preference-based control over the exhaust sound, one that requires near 0 research and development from AWE (because they already offer valves in their exhaust solutions for other cars).

Their automatic 180 technology is great and innovative, their exhaust sounds fantastic, but customers want more/different. The correct answer to this is not "there is zero reason" and "don't be an idiot"... "and no one will complain" but "let's see if we can give these customers what they want at a reasonable cost/benefit" and then rake in the money.
I'm sure AWE went through the research and determined that a valved exhaust wasn't worth the development on the Camaro platform. They have tones of sales, I'm assuming, with their standard axle back be it touring or race. I find it silly that people aren't buying X exhaust because it doesn't have the valve option. It's their choice but in the end they are missing out waiting for a company to cater to a very small market. You could buy a touring AWE exhaust and pay extra to get valves fabricated in, but I don't know why you would want to. I see it as paying more, like with Borla NPP, just to make it quieter. The thing that sold me on AWE was the low drone at cruising and their 4.5" diamond tips, I'd take those two over valves any day.
Vaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 11:58 AM   #44
VT-1LE

Drives: 2020 2SS 1LE Satin Steel Metallic
I’m leaning toward the borla s-type but want to hear it in person. Don’t plan on any mods until the warranty is up anyway. Hopefully I’ll get a chance to hear some other Camaros with that and other exhaust systems by then. I like the stock exhaust but like the original poster I prefer a little deeper sound.
VT-1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 12:58 PM   #45
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
ARH full system is perfect.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 01:41 PM   #46
2kblacksleeper

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS, 2018 Mustang GT PP
I have a 19 2SS now, but my experience comes from the coyote world.

I had a 18 GT PP1 for 2.5 years. I had the AWE track on it first. Sounds amazing. I could not take the Drone, so i called them up and ordered the touring conversion.

After installing the touring mufflers it had no drone. It was just a hair less in volume. It was still loud and what i wanted. I know most systems when you add the muffler it kills the sound. Not with the AWE. It is almost the same.

The Flowmaster is loud , sounds decent but drones like a mother. My buddy had it on his car and we both hated it.

I am on the fence about getting another AWE touring for my 2SS or cheeping out and getting the MBRP with the other resonator ( cant think of it's name) I generally don't keep a car more than 2-3 years, however there is always a first.
2kblacksleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 01:46 PM   #47
dmcmahan60

Drives: 2017 SS
I have a 1SS single dual tip non npp so what sold me on the AWE was the claim of zero drone. And the fact that I did not want to pay $1000 for just an axel back setup. I have been happy with my Touring setup from day one. Ordered the diamond black tips a few months ago to change the look
dmcmahan60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 02:06 PM   #48
Flowtie1

Drives: 2017 ZL1
JCunningham is a smart man.
Old 11-30-2020, 02:09 PM   #49
NYblack1le

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaska View Post
I'm sure AWE went through the research and determined that a valved exhaust wasn't worth the development on the Camaro platform. They have tones of sales, I'm assuming, with their standard axle back be it touring or race. I find it silly that people aren't buying X exhaust because it doesn't have the valve option. It's their choice but in the end they are missing out waiting for a company to cater to a very small market. You could buy a touring AWE exhaust and pay extra to get valves fabricated in, but I don't know why you would want to. I see it as paying more, like with Borla NPP, just to make it quieter. The thing that sold me on AWE was the low drone at cruising and their 4.5" diamond tips, I'd take those two over valves any day.
When you have a big camshaft, long tubes and no cats you need to keep things as quiet as possible going through the neighborhood. I like making noise but not everywhere I go. The market for a valved exhaust is bigger then you assume. Meisterschaft seems to be the best overall option at this point but the price is high but probably not to far off what awe would price there’s at (if they had the option).
NYblack1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 06:30 PM   #50
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Maybe i can drill holes in the suitcase and see if that helps.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 10:03 PM   #51
900RFWN

Drives: ‘18 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYblack1le View Post
When you have a big camshaft, long tubes and no cats you need to keep things as quiet as possible going through the neighborhood. I like making noise but not everywhere I go. The market for a valved exhaust is bigger then you assume. Meisterschaft seems to be the best overall option at this point but the price is high but probably not to far off what awe would price there’s at (if they had the option).
I’ve been looking hard at Meisterschaft because it has amazing build quality and not a lot of people use them on Camaros. I like doing things different from others as much as possible. Npp is not something I would use and worry about the valves aging so the GTS would be for me.

If someone is looking for valved with nice tips check out Bullet Performance. They seem to have very good quality. From what I see good stainless with tig welds just like Meisterschaft. Their valved with X-pipe is about $1800 regular price and the cat deletes run like $350 if that’s your thing. They have a sale that ends today, have to reach out to them. They are in Kuwait.

http://bulletperf.com/chevrolet-cama...catback-x-pipe

http://bulletperf.com/chevrolet-camaro-2016-cat-delete
900RFWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 08:41 AM   #52
Dagstar

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
I went with the Borla S-Type quad tip axle back, coming from a non NPP car. It added just enough sound and grunt. Now that I'm headers, no cats, and full exhaust...it can get loud, but that's par for the course. It's not bad while cruising though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 900RFWN View Post
I’ve been looking hard at Meisterschaft because it has amazing build quality and not a lot of people use them on Camaros. I like doing things different from others as much as possible. Npp is not something I would use and worry about the valves aging so the GTS would be for me
Looks and sounds great! I wish I knew about them a year ago.
Old 12-01-2020, 10:58 AM   #53
Modernmusclecar

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLT1 View Post
I know asking this is like asking what color you guys like. But here it goes anyways.

Looking for a loud exhaust to replace my factory NPP system. I would be fine with a non NPP system and not sure if a non NPP system will just plug and play with my NPP car. I am just looking to replace the exhaust and not the 2nd CAT's.

I was thinking the AWE track may be what i would like. This is for a 2021 LT1 model. I came from a loud and raw modded 2013 C6 with headers and NPP in a box that stayed stuck open all the time. So i am used to LOUD.

I guess Borla also makes a nice exhaust as well.

What would you guys pick?
Corsa xtreme. It's the loudest system on the market and sounds great
Modernmusclecar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 11:10 AM   #54
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaska View Post
AWE makes great systems and the touring sounds great with no drone, but it is too loud for me at this point. If they had a valved system I may be a buyer, but I can't see there being much value in them offering NPP functionality either. Factory system is pretty tame too, NPP functionality on that makes less sense than the louder aftermarket systems for sure.

Often times things we don't understand seem silly. I live in a place where the functionality of valves is very useful and valuable. We all love loud sometimes, but other times it creates problems or undesired attention for some of us. That said, from the OP's standpoint I do agree with your sentiment and comments based on what he wants.

I think the Borla-S sounds much better, so it's a moot point anyway.
Old 12-01-2020, 04:51 PM   #55
warren3537

Drives: 2019 Red Hot ZL1 1LE: 2012 RAM 2500
I have the AWE Touring axle back on my 19 ZLE, no drone at Highway speeds, but the rumble at a stop is the best plus when you take off is awesome to say the least so regerts here on the AWE.
warren3537 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 05:37 PM   #56
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASLT1 View Post
Maybe i can drill holes in the suitcase and see if that helps.
Sorry man, had to do it....
Attached Images

gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote