Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-27-2020, 04:03 AM   #43
Richiefcknrich

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro SS 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Yes, that's why I included the link to the product at Gen5DIY's site . Pretty pricey, but to each their own, I can understand the peace of mind this may buy to some.
I completely missed the link first time. At that price I will just keep looking forward lol
Richiefcknrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 07:35 PM   #44
Grumpy1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Hyper Blue A10
Anderson is the way to go.......
Not a single blemish and everything lined up perfectly. I also like that the stanchions are carbon, gives it that complete carbon look.
Attached Images

Grumpy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 03:07 AM   #45
impulse

Drives: Big Dually ... RIP ZL1
I ordered mine about 3 months ago and was told numerous times it was going to be ready to ship the following week lol. Still waiting on the wing unfortunately.
Old 12-07-2020, 05:08 AM   #46
Richiefcknrich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy1 View Post
Anderson is the way to go.......
Not a single blemish and everything lined up perfectly. I also like that the stanchions are carbon, gives it that complete carbon look.
Looks great!
Old 12-07-2020, 05:08 AM   #47
Richiefcknrich

Quote:
Originally Posted by impulse View Post
I ordered mine about 3 months ago and was told numerous times it was going to be ready to ship the following week lol. Still waiting on the wing unfortunately.
Who you order from?
Old 12-16-2020, 10:26 AM   #48
Wobble Goat

Drives: Camaro 1SS
Is it just me or does the angle on the wing seem a bit extreme?

I like the wing but hate the angle. At least from the photos I see of it.

OEM Wing is more level, which IMO is far more appealing.
Wobble Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 11:45 AM   #49
Grumpy1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Hyper Blue A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobble Goat View Post
Is it just me or does the angle on the wing seem a bit extreme?

I like the wing but hate the angle. At least from the photos I see of it.

OEM Wing is more level, which IMO is far more appealing.
Some of the C7 wings did have some angle issues from pics I've seen, not sure if those got corrected or not.
A/C wing is supposed to be the same spec as oem, I haven't had the opportunity of pulling next to a ZLE to compare but from pics it looks spot on.
Grumpy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 03:22 AM   #50
weslp00

Drives: '18 2SSM6 Camaro ‘01C5Z06 Vet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy1 View Post
Some of the C7 wings did have some angle issues from pics I've seen, not sure if those got corrected or not.
A/C wing is supposed to be the same spec as oem, I haven't had the opportunity of pulling next to a ZLE to compare but from pics it looks spot on.
So guys what's the general consensus of opinion on these two wings..C7 and Anderson Composites ?( thanks Grumpy by the way for your answer yesterday).
Obvioulsy there is the price difference but I am in the market for the shorter version.
I used C7 side skirts and front splitter on my SS and their products are 1st class. Good instructions too.
So have C7 ironed out all the production and shipping problems? Or are the gremlins still in the machine? Please let know as I am deffo in the market for one to replace my SS spoiler.

weslp00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 10:50 AM   #51
ste6000

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by weslp00 View Post
So guys what's the general consensus of opinion on these two wings..C7 and Anderson Composites ?( thanks Grumpy by the way for your answer yesterday).
Obvioulsy there is the price difference but I am in the market for the shorter version.
I used C7 side skirts and front splitter on my SS and their products are 1st class. Good instructions too.
So have C7 ironed out all the production and shipping problems? Or are the gremlins still in the machine? Please let know as I am deffo in the market for one to replace my SS spoiler.

not sure if production and shipping is fixed. couple things. the wing takes 5-7 weeks to make. with shipping it took 12 weeks for me. now with shipping having issues past couple months, it may take longer. either way you go, carbon just takes a while and shipping is questionable for any carrier.

2018 Camaro SS - Hyper Metallic Blue
ste6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 01:05 PM   #52
weslp00

Quote:
Originally Posted by ste6000 View Post
not sure if production and shipping is fixed. couple things. the wing takes 5-7 weeks to make. with shipping it took 12 weeks for me. now with shipping having issues past couple months, it may take longer. either way you go, carbon just takes a while and shipping is questionable for any carrier.
Not looking good then. I was hoping after all this time things would have got better.
I really want to try something different to the stock SS spoiler. Even the ZL1 unit looks good. They are reasonably priced and come painted from GM. Anderson do a variant but it looks like a carbon version of the SS item to me? Looks good in carbon though. That stuff is so impressive.
Are there any other options to choose from?
Old 12-26-2020, 01:10 PM   #53
Orange ss

Drives: 19 camaro19mustang72 chevelle 67pon
Quote:

I decided to go with the shorter version as well..it will block the visibility in the window more then the full length
Attached Images

Orange ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 03:55 PM   #54
weslp00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange ss View Post
I decided to go with the shorter version as well..it will block the visibility in the window more then the full length
Wow that looks perfect on your car thanks for sharing.
Just the look I’m after..I can live with the visibility issue. That height looks just right.
Did you have any issues with C7..? when did you buy it if you don’t mind me asking?
Old 12-26-2020, 05:51 PM   #55
Orange ss

Drives: 19 camaro19mustang72 chevelle 67pon
Quote:
Wow that looks perfect on your car thanks for sharing.
Just the look I’m after..I can live with the visibility issue. That height looks just right.
Did you have any issues with C7..? when did you buy it if you don’t mind me asking?
thank you !! Its been on the car a year now ..no issues what so ever ..even at speeds over 130..I ordered it from wild hammer..it was about 3 month turn around from c7..not. bad..and the visibility is not a deal breaker .. you get used to ..and I agee the height looks perfect on the outside of the car and can still use a car cover .
Orange ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 07:30 PM   #56
ste6000

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Not looking good then. I was hoping after all this time things would have got better.
I really want to try something different to the stock SS spoiler. Even the ZL1 unit looks good. They are reasonably priced and come painted from GM. Anderson do a variant but it looks like a carbon version of the SS item to me? Looks good in carbon though. That stuff is so impressive.
Are there any other options to choose from?
Just pull the trigger and get it. Once it comes in, you install it. Should be in by spring i'd think.

Here is another shot of my car with both the C7 carbon spoiler and carbon side skirts.

Name:  125185007_2838234583081194_6026537810296568533_o.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  148.9 KB

2018 Camaro SS - Hyper Metallic Blue
ste6000 is offline   Reply With Quote