Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-17-2023, 07:00 PM   #15
MyNameIs
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas1ss View Post
Yeah. I had the same issue a few times. A PITA that always seemed to hit me when going to work.

The temp gauge would go to zero, lose rev matching, A/C clutch not engaging, and a fan that wouldn't shut off till I took off the negative battery cable.

Taking the cable off, putting it right back on, fixed the problem every time. Car wouldn't run at the proper temperature, though. Thermostat was stuck open.
Did you replace the Thermostat? If so with what brand? Stant?
MyNameIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 01:26 AM   #16
Texas1ss

Drives: 2016 Black 1SS, M6, NPP, Mag Ride
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
Did you replace the Thermostat? If so with what brand? Stant?
My car was actually in the dealer for a fuel pump that went belly up and a chassis control module. I just mentioned that thermostat issue to the service tech because I have a good extended warranty and was tired of pulling my cable, and I had pulled a code from the OBD of the thermostat being open. I had around 102k at the time I was dealing with this mess.

I knew the computer was putting it into an engine overheat situation depending on the outside temp. Did the same thing time and again.

They replaced the thermostat under warranty, but not sure what brand they used. They also changed the relay. I think that was just to screw over my extended warranty company because I had seen my temp gauge reading low. But I wasn't paying to so didn't complain. That thing was wide open. The relay I think was good.
Texas1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 01:13 PM   #17
MyNameIs
Account Suspended

Update

Had my ins. company send roadside to give ma jump and it fired right up. All working as normal though I will be replacing the thermostat soon. Thank all for your help.
Old 12-19-2023, 12:06 AM   #18
Texas1ss

Drives: 2016 Black 1SS, M6, NPP, Mag Ride
Quote:
Had my ins. company send roadside to give ma jump and it fired right up. All working as normal though I will be replacing the thermostat soon. Thank all for your help.
Glad to help. At least you dealt with it early. I let it go way too long on my engine. Just had to watch the temp gauge and not do anything too crazy till it hit 190 degrees, which is where the LT1 likes to be at.
Texas1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 10:59 AM   #19
easttxss

Drives: '16 2SS M6
The fan will shut off after about 10 min. no need to disconnect the battery. Clearing the code will also shut it off and make your gauge start reading, until it sees the fault again.
'14 Fusion Titanium 2.0T
'83 Jeep Wagoneer
easttxss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2023, 01:33 AM   #20
MyNameIs
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by easttxss View Post
The fan will shut off after about 10 min. no need to disconnect the battery. Clearing the code will also shut it off and make your gauge start reading, until it sees the fault again.
Mine didn't throw any error code.
Old 12-20-2023, 08:47 AM   #21
easttxss

Drives: '16 2SS M6
Quote:
Mine didn't throw any error code.
When the fan runs on high and the gauge goes to zero, there is usually a P0128 code.
'14 Fusion Titanium 2.0T
'83 Jeep Wagoneer
easttxss is offline   Reply With Quote