Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 03-20-2018, 10:28 AM   #57
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazzz View Post
A total of only 6,000 are being made for the US market in the next 2 years allowing dealers to sell from 15 to 30K over MSRP! Honda dealers don't expect these markups to go down due to low supply and high demand. Love it or hate it but it is what it is. Used examples are currently going for 38 to over 40K at auction.
Honda said they can make as many as there are orders for period, if 6000 are to be made it shows how poorly they are selling. Sorry but less than 500 Type R Integras were made over the first 2 years, and these cars were about as fast as a GT Mustang and would completely blow just about anything away on the autoX. The new Civic Type R even by your stats has 12x the production, will get completely owned by a GT Mustang and AFAIK is not dominant in the AutoX (never seen one at my local events). Look a well driven Type R sans A/C in 1998 could cut a 14.5 1/4 mile, with free mods it could be put into the 14.2 range at 96 MPH (this is where the JDM 1996 strippo Type R is rated at stock). I know I've owned two of them, still own one. This was easily competitive on the 1/4 mile and at the stop light street fight with the 205 HP 302 and 215 HP GT and even the 260 HP GT, admittedly the LT1 Camaro as um a different story.

AutoX, please the Integra Type R would wipe the floor with the Camaro or Mustang. It had two things unheard of back then and my previous autoX cars were a pair of Shelby GLH-Ss. It has a HUGE rear sway bar plus true 5 link rear suspension, 4 link front... AND a LSD, well I guess three it was light at 2550 lbs before tossing out the spare, back seat, clock, crush beam safety bumpers power antenna etc. Also the Integra Type R was by far Honda's best looking car ever.

Now the Civic Type R, it is heck of expensive my SS was 32,000. That one 4.5 second zero to 60 is highly suspect as there are NO other test that show this and many internet drag videos show the Civic Type R being absolutely blow away to 60 MPH. Basically this car is going to be dog meat at any stop light challenge and with that wing there will be stop light challenges everywhere you go. Will be be uber competitive on the autoX, dunno, ain't seen one. Plus lets be realistic how many autoX does Joe Average go to. I try to make two a year, but things happen, drop valve, blow trans syncro, kid gotta work.... yada yada. Last it is UGLY period, and it ain't just the wing, the rear valance with the 3 exhaust pipes and grill vents bigger than the front of a Studebaker facing backwards is just awful.

The Integra Type R is collectible because of beauty, low production, and absolute dominance on the autoX and not bad street performance. The Civic Type R has only one and that is a maybe, the autoX, and really 306 HP from a 2.0 is definitely mid pack. The Integra was 195 HP from 1.8 liter NA, the Mustang was 205 HP NA from 5.0 and 215 NA from 4.6 NA, and later 260 HP from 4.6 NA. Clearly the Integra Type R was a wow at the time, heck Volvo is pulling 360 HP from 2.0 and the new Benz is suppose to pull 400 HP from 2.0. Sorry but a mid pack motor is not what makes a car collectible. Want an example of that the 1970 or was it 1969? see I don't remember Mustang 351 W 4 bbl. Nobody remembers the engine, 351 Cleveland yep, Boss yep, Cobra Jet yep, but the bread and butter 351 W 4 bbl... please. It was a mid-pack engine a complete yawn now. Until Honda puts out a Type R coupe sans high school package say as an Acura.. this car IMO is a dud.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 04:32 PM   #58
Chazzz

Drives: 2018 1LT RS V6 A8 Convertible
I had a Shelby GLHS Charger in 1987 and an Integra GSR in 1994
Chazzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 01:48 PM   #59
oldman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazzz View Post
I had a Shelby GLHS Charger in 1987 and an Integra GSR in 1994
Great cars, I had CRE (the big Honda racers back then) build me a clutched based LSD for my 1994 GSR, I still remember when Shawn Church got his GSR and turned into the dyno guy in LA. Heck Church is the one that started the whole STD (ricer dyno) HP figures. Single-handedly forever destroying and understanding of dyno numbers.

Got a Story so that the Shelby club won't let me in cause my car is "not a Shelby", anyway I hear Carol will be in town so I drive down in my LS1 CarMaro, to the Mustang err.. Shelby club. Stand in line talk to Carol and have him sign my two owners manuals, he looks up and ask are these genuine GLH-Ss? Yes sir... He say in front of all the Mustang guys err.. I mean Shelby owners.. "BEST DAMN CAR I EVER MADE"... buyaa in your face Mustang err Shelby owners..
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
Old 03-22-2018, 04:15 PM   #60
Papa Smurf
Cobalt SS Owner to Camaro

Drives: 2017 Chevy Camaro 2.0L Turbo
Yeah, that new Civic Type-R looks god awful. I feel like if the Subaru Wrx STI had a baby with an Acura Integra Type-R, this is what you'll get.
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 10:08 PM   #61
asthmamax11

Drives: 1SS Summit White 6 speed
Well apparently the type R can trap 108 stock
Just a tune gets almost 100 whp gain
And yes it will beat the SS around the ring

If you've ever owned an Acura or nice Honda you know the build quality. My 06 TL 6 speed had 165k miles and not a single rattle or strange noise.
Wish I could say same about my 24k mile 16 Camaro
Solo Performance Cat deletes and Axleback
Hurst short shifter
#'s coming soon

Riaction coilovers
1LE sway bars
BMR mm
BMR chassis brace

Flow one 19" wheels wrapped in Mickey Thompsons

02 Z28 M6 35th anniversary
80k miles
T-tops
Leather
Bolt ons
Joy to drive this classic every day!
Daily Driver
asthmamax11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 11:03 PM   #62
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
Quote:
Originally Posted by asthmamax11 View Post
Well apparently the type R can trap 108 stock

If you've ever owned an Acura or nice Honda you know the build quality. My 06 TL 6 speed had 165k miles and not a single rattle or strange noise.
Wish I could say same about my 24k mile 16 Camaro
I have no doubt your Acura TL 6 speed had good build quality, but that didn't translate to the Type R. Here is a running list I've compiled:

-starter ring coming loose or totally dislodging from the flywheel
-2nd gear grinding
-Overheating
-Guages not working
-loose front grill
-paint quality issues
-seat height lever slipping
-faulty wiring harness
-coolant leaks
-quality issues with internal plastics

And this is not an exhaustive list by any means. These are issues shared by many owners, not just one-offs. Also keep in mind that the Type R is a limited production vehicle, so seeing this many issues in one rather small group is telling.

I'll keep my Camaro, rattles and all.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 12:19 AM   #63
indyz

Drives: 2SS, CT-R, LC500
The car is a pleasure to drive. I'm in my 40s, and I would gladly own one if it weren't for the ADM.

Looks? Front looks good, back looks like crap, but hey, when I'm driving, someone else is looking at the hideous tail lol. I really don't care as long as I'm grinning in the driver's seat.
indyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 06:44 PM   #64
oldman

Quote:
Highly doubtful with that tiny turbo, maybe a dyno run before the wheel twist off the shaft from overspped. IMO of course

Quote:
Complete myth, but please post a NON-Honda back production car time. The initial Type Rs in the US are overheating on a MUCH smaller track. But I'll believe it when customer cars are beating the Camaro at the ring.
Old 04-15-2018, 11:54 AM   #65
Atlas24601

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Fugly wrong wheel drive car. That said it would take a Camaro SS to beat it in either a straight line or around a road course.
Atlas24601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:01 AM   #66
Spartan268

Drives: HB 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
Highly doubtful with that tiny turbo, maybe a dyno run before the wheel twist off the shaft from overspped. IMO of course

Complete myth, but please post a NON-Honda back production car time. The initial Type Rs in the US are overheating on a MUCH smaller track. But I'll believe it when customer cars are beating the Camaro at the ring.
Yeah some quick research shows on upwards of 47HP with a tune and that's with using 93 gas and measuring the numbers from Church Dyno which has been known to be a SUPER happy dyno. I remember the G/Z guys going to Church Auto to flex their HP numbers since it's stupid high.
Spartan268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 05:32 PM   #67
oldman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas24601 View Post
Fugly wrong wheel drive car. That said it would take a Camaro SS to beat it in either a straight line or around a road course.
Only one mag put the car at 13.5 in the 1/4 all other test world wide show the car to be a high 13 second car. So the V6 should be just as fast in the 1/4 (driver's race). Sorry, but IMO that wing says race me, and being FWD means it ain't winning ANY stop light challenge. I have a full built Integra Type R, as well as a supercharged 2015 Civic SI, so I'm fully aware of what they can do (FWD on summer tires PS4s) on the street and it ain't 13.5s 4.9 0-60 that Car and Driver claims. It is more like high 13s and a 5.4 0-60 as tested by all other people world wide.

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/honda...t-test-review/

Why the one off hinky data from CandD? Dunno, rollout set incorrectly or they altitude corrected the run which can render a force induction car's performance data to the meaningless category.
Old 04-18-2018, 01:26 AM   #68
tprlou

Drives: 2017 camaro 2.0t
Motor Trend has ran both cars at little willow. The type r ran 1:25:07 at little willow in the ignition video. The v6 1le ran 1:25:19 in the leftovers article. The 2.0t camaro ran 1:28:18 on stock tires and 1:25:75 on summer tires in article comparing the 2.0t camaro to the ecoboost mustang.

Now those times were ran almost 2 years apart with 2 different drivers so
tprlou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 12:29 PM   #69
oldman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tprlou View Post
Motor Trend has ran both cars at little willow. The type r ran 1:25:07 at little willow in the ignition video. The v6 1le ran 1:25:19 in the leftovers article. The 2.0t camaro ran 1:28:18 on stock tires and 1:25:75 on summer tires in article comparing the 2.0t camaro to the ecoboost mustang.

Now those times were ran almost 2 years apart with 2 different drivers so
I'd like to see the 2.0T 1le will do. My son is tossing around the Mustang ecoboost with PP1 vs a V6 1LE, but now maybe the 2.0T 1LE... might just do it.