Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

AWE Tuning

Old 01-03-2016, 09:22 PM   #43
Memphis43

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
So have you ever tried?

Lol I've sold more cars than you or your dad have bought in your entire lifetime over the course of one year.

If you are not picky, and have ample time to wait, I'm sure you will find a dealer that has one with bonus cash on top of the regular monthly rebates and will sell it to you at invoice which will eventually come to that 5 grand that you are looking for.

There may be that dealer that sells it to you at $500 below.

In the end the dealership will either want a number, profit, or both.

You don't need this car. You want it. But you don't have to have it.

I understand where you are coming from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Memphis43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 09:25 PM   #44
Memphis43

Quote:
Originally Posted by EstebanVerde View Post
In all honesty I think it's too soon to tell. I'd give it a

Few months. From what I can tell these cars aren't selling as soon as they hit the lot and there are plenty coming (unlike when the Stingray came out). Give it a few months for dealers to build some inventory and you should be able to get a solid discount like you would on a Mustang or previous camaros.

This is where patience comes in.

Old 01-03-2016, 09:46 PM   #45
Jamison

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Why are you acting like what I do is a bad thing? My father, and some great public speaking and debate classes with Mr. Reimuller in high school, taught me to always try to get the best deal you can and never give your position up. No matter how bad you want this car it is a business deal and you need to get the best deal you can.

Ray Charles blah blah blah (see the movie)
Not knocking your hustle FB. You should always negotiate for the best price possible,... When Possible: you've got guys on here who've agreed on prices and options before the rear emblem location was even decided on. Remember, this is a passion purchase.

I think in time you can get 5k off, but this soon? Maybe if your last name is Rodgers or you're the wiki of this forum (Laborsmith).

My car's a few days out, I'll let you know what I paid once I'm off the lot. I wasn't a prick or took debate classes, but I'm great at what I do... I also wasn't gonna wait til October, which hurt my leverage a bit.

Keep hustlin.
Old 01-03-2016, 09:53 PM   #46
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis43 View Post
Lol I've sold more cars than you or your dad have bought in your entire lifetime over the course of one year.

If you are not picky, and have ample time to wait, I'm sure you will find a dealer that has one with bonus cash on top of the regular monthly rebates and will sell it to you at invoice which will eventually come to that 5 grand that you are looking for.

Oh I'm picky alright. I'm going to order it to get exactly what I want and to ensure no one drives it before me.

But I'm also extremely patient. And I'll be shopping my price to 20+ dealers. Sometime this week I'll begin emailing my proposal letter to all the dealers from Columbus north to Cleveland and from Toledo east to Erie PA.

I figure my patience combined with the fact that every dealer will know I'm shopping the $40k out the door price to them all, someone will take the offer.

And if not now, three days, three weeks, or three months from now.

It's my money and my car. You can accept my business or not, I don't care.

Just like you salesmen love the line "if you don't buy it someone else will", it works exactly the same for us customers.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 10:05 PM   #47
MrIanB

Drives: 2015 Red Rock Camaro 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp23rockstar View Post
Check out the following link. Use that as leverage. Lorenzo Bomnin has the lowest prices in the country.

http://www.lorenzobomninchevrolet.co...-FL/2667556193

Correct, I am using them to get a RS 1LT locally but have not found a dealer around me yet to match it. No worries, patience is a virtue and I have time.

Ian B
MrIanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 10:06 PM   #48
Memphis43

Quote:
Oh I'm picky alright. I'm going to order it to get exactly what I want and to ensure no one drives it before me.

But I'm also extremely patient. And I'll be shopping my price to 20+ dealers. Sometime this week I'll begin emailing my proposal letter to all the dealers from Columbus north to Cleveland and from Toledo east to Erie PA.

I figure my patience combined with the fact that every dealer will know I'm shopping the $40k out the door price to them all, someone will take the offer.

And if not now, three days, three weeks, or three months from now.

It's my money and my car. You can accept my business or not, I don't care.

Just like you salesmen love the line "if you don't buy it someone else will", it works exactly the same for us customers.

Very true and all the more reason I wouldnt respond to your email

Not only do you want to ORDER a car, you want to ask 5k off or more (depending on taxes) and have them treat you like royalty.

The next issue you are going to run into is that rebates change monthly, and depending on when you order your car, they may change by the time your vin is made. (Which can either work out in your favor or hurt you)

Your best bet is hope that GM offers a 15% off deal on the new Camaros although I can't see that happening anytime soon.

Old 01-03-2016, 10:20 PM   #49
ParkerAS

Drives: 2016 Summit White 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIanB View Post
Correct, I am using them to get a RS 1LT locally but have not found a dealer around me yet to match it. No worries, patience is a virtue and I have time.

Ian B
Right, I've got a meeting scheduled, and I've been in contact. It appears the special pricing not only expires tomorrow, it includes farm bureau customer discount and leasing requirements. That being said, if they honor the price I got online, I'll easily make the trip to Miami.
ParkerAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 10:28 PM   #50
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:

Not only do you want to ORDER a car, you want to ask 5k off or more (depending on taxes) and have them treat you like royalty.

The next issue you are going to run into is that rebates change monthly, and depending on when you order your car, they may change by the time your vin is made. (Which can either work out in your favor or hurt you)
very
Your best bet is hope that GM offers a 15% off deal on the new Camaros although I can't see that happening anytime soon.

Whatever the rebates are I don't care. I'll send the proposal for that price. If there's more rebates at the time great. If not no big deal.

And I'm most certainly not sending YOU an email ;-)

You wonder why people hate the new car buying process and think car salesmen are sketchy and not trustworthy.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 10:53 PM   #51
MrIanB

Drives: 2015 Red Rock Camaro 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerAS View Post
Right, I've got a meeting scheduled, and I've been in contact. It appears the special pricing not only expires tomorrow, it includes farm bureau customer discount and leasing requirements. That being said, if they honor the price I got online, I'll easily make the trip to Miami.
Please post how it goes and if the website advertised prices are real or bait and switch.

Thx and good luck,

Ian B
MrIanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 11:01 PM   #52
neal_zack

Drives: 2016 camaro ss
Old 01-03-2016, 11:04 PM   #53
Memphis43

What should you really pay for the car?

Quote:
Whatever the rebates are I don't care. I'll send the proposal for that price. If there's more rebates at the time great. If not no big deal.

And I'm most certainly not sending YOU an email ;-)

You wonder why people hate the new car buying process and think car salesmen are sketchy and not trustworthy.

The new car buying process? Lol. There is really nothing hard about it. It's guys like you that make it difficult. Think about it. You talk about the car buying process and like haggling for the best price. Now that there are set margins on vehicles and dealers can't price them sky high you have 3 tiers or pricing on GM vehicles.

MSRP/Invoice

Supplier

Employee

If you qualify for these then you get them. The dealer makes a profit. If not the dealer loses money. Especially at the price your trying to get to.

But why would they do that on a new camaro? Let alone an SS?

Meanwhile if there are older units, a number is needed and there is reason to sell a car at a true loss it will be done.

I have no problem with people sending emails out to figure out what price and location suits them best. I'd rather it be that way because it keeps the market competitive.

New cars are not where I make my money. I do care deeply about the technology on them and the advancements they have made. But if I sold only new cars I could not make a living.

I put effort and full attention to every customer that I meet and give them the best service they could ever ask for.

We're not even talking about trades, or bad credit, or the multitude of people who come in that have no idea what they want that I spend 3-5 hours with on a lot going over various different benefits and disadvantages to multiple different makes that I sell on one lot.

We're just talking about money. Which there isn't really any to be made in selling a new car.

Listen, I make $300 dollars for selling a car at MSRP if that vehicle isn't making anymore than $1000 over invoice for the dealer. (and out of three brands there are 6-7 depending on what options are on the vehicle)

Anything below MSRP I get $200. That's actually more than a lot of other dealerships and why I have to rely on bonus money from GM to offset it.

Guess what, out of those 6-7 vehicles 5-6 of them most of the time get cut so the customer can afford it and the incentives someone's include supplier pricing for everyone anyway.

You think I wouldn't sell a car to you at $5000 off if I could?

I've been more honest with you than you have been with yourself.

You seem to forget I am a consumer myself.

Old 01-03-2016, 11:21 PM   #54
Toxicgoober

Drives: 2014 Maxima
Quote:

I'd love to know where you would start negotiating on a new 2SS MSRP at $46k, assuming it has everything you want and is currently on the lot? I would think $42k is a reasonable price to start. I would probably pay $44k and not fee one bit bad about it. I get that you guys have to hit a goal and make money in order to stay in business. Just wondering your professional opinion.

Toxicgoober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 11:32 PM   #55
Chad0311
Likes V8 powered vehicles

Drives: '16 Chevy Colorado Z71 Duramax
Quote:
This mentality really bugs me. You are selling a product. As a sales person, what do you care if he wants to be treated like 'royalty' and/or wants the best deal he can get? If he's being a prick, earn his money anyways...

The simple fact of the matter is that someone will respond to him. And more than likely, even if the salesperson can't get to his numbers, he will try to offer whatever deal is available which fastball can then take or leave. It's a simple business transaction.

By saying that you wouldn't hypothetically respond to his email means you either are selling more cars than you have time for or are simply taking it personally, and my guess it the latter.
Chad0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 11:35 PM   #56
Memphis43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxicgoober View Post
I'd love to know where you would start negotiating on a new 2SS MSRP at $46k, assuming it has everything you want and is currently on the lot? I would think $42k is a reasonable price to start. I would probably pay $44k and not fee one bit bad about it. I get that you guys have to hit a goal and make money in order to stay in business. Just wondering your professional opinion.

Man I've yet to see one that high here. mainly because we didn't order ours with the MRC.

I'd have to look at the invoices on them.

But the deal here is it's different for different people. Like you said you wouldn't feel bad if they came back at 44k. Fastball would walk out of he dealership (or not respond to any more emails).

I will say there is nowhere near 4K markup from MSRP to invoice.

This forum can be your greatest ally in negotiations. You have seen what people have paid.

I'm just trying to bring a dose of reality to the ones wanting to take food off the table.

I'm time the better deals will come. If your not willing to wait for rebates and incentives then it will be up to you to see if you can get the dealer to offer invoice.

Some have gotten it. Some are happy with what they paid over invoice.

Me personally, I'm waiting for the RS Focus to hit the lots and see what it's about and let my wife choose between it and the Camaro.

I know I can get a great deal on a Camaro. But I would happily pay a fair price for an RS.