Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-01-2016, 11:39 PM   #1
guerrillakilla13

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Some crazy lady caused a scene & work about me

I work as a server at a busy restaurant (especially over the New Years). I worked last night from 730pm to around 2:10 am, than again this morning from 10:30 to 5:30. Today some crazy lady made a huge scene cursing me out to the bartender on the floor.

I was already in a bad mood because hey, I worked New years eve. I had this table for like an hour, was extremely attentive and got them everything they needed without making any mistakes whatsoever. I checked on them about every 5-7 minutes (as is the nature of the place I work at, because it's entertainment more than a restaurant) sometimes they got stuff sometimes they didn't. It was two couples with their kids. After about 40 minutes of getting them settled in I went to the bathroom and came back to my manager telling me that someone had just screamed at the bartender, and I quote; "I have the worst f****** server in the f****** world. He is nowhere to be found. get me your g** d*** manager", and she (it was a lady) was demanding a new person to take care of them.

I'm not upset that this psychopath almost got me in trouble with management (I didn't get in trouble because everyone on the floor had my back; bartender, other servers, and even OTHER tables made it their mission to tell management that I did nothing wrong.)

What actually gets me is that she did this in front of her kid 1., and 2. she yelled at the sweetest bartender that works there. Also, the tab was like 150 dollars and I lost out on that tip money.

When they finally left, the non-trouble couple went before the yelling lady couple did. They passed me, I wished them a happy New Year, and they gave me the sorriest faces I could've gotten. i could tell they felt awful and they wished me a happy new year as well. When the other two left, I wished them a happy new year and the lady gave me the most sarcastic smile and said "happy new year!".

Still thinking about it I don't know what I did wrong. But hey after a quick stern talking to (and me putting management in its place, because I really didn't do anything wrong), I didn't get in any trouble.

But let me tell you, had they written me up for it I would've quit on the spot. I've worked there for a year and a half. Certainly this is one of the "better" stories I have
guerrillakilla13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 11:53 PM   #2
CALLAWAY11

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Callaway
First and foremost, I'm sorry and that sucked. Im a chef and deal with the same people as you do. More then likely this person has a serious problem, either it be drug or alcohol related which is more then likely. Or other various disorders. It's very sad when parents can't control themselves in public in front of the their children. The sad part is that this is what they are teaching them. And I wonder how that child will deal with life when they get older. Unfortunately this is a vicious cycle that gets passed along the family tree.. I know it's hard but sometimes you need to be the bigger man and deal with it like a good natured human being. Also very possible, maybe they were trying to get a comped dinner. Be glad that's not you
2011 Callaway SC572 2SS/RS, TVS 2300 Supercharger, 1-7/8" Kooks LT Headers, Fast 85# injectors, E85 Flex Fuel Conversion, Fore Twin Fuel Pumps, MGW flat stick short throw shifter, McLeod RXT twin disc clutch, Liberty Gears Tremec trans, DSS 1000 hp axles, Nitto NT555r drag radials, 10#'s of boost, 702 rwhp/ 697 torque, Recaro seat upgrade
CALLAWAY11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 12:09 AM   #3
1Canuck

Drives: 2014 2LT RS
WTF, you took a washroom break while on duty.
1Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 12:32 AM   #4
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Crap happens.

Just blow it off.

I travel to AZ all the time for business. Pm me when you work and I'll make sure to hook you up with a fat tip the next time to make up for this idiot.

Servers don't get the respect they deserve IMHO...
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 12:51 AM   #5
guerrillakilla13

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALLAWAY11 View Post
First and foremost, I'm sorry and that sucked. Im a chef and deal with the same people as you do. More then likely this person has a serious problem, either it be drug or alcohol related which is more then likely. Or other various disorders. It's very sad when parents can't control themselves in public in front of the their children. The sad part is that this is what they are teaching them. And I wonder how that child will deal with life when they get older. Unfortunately this is a vicious cycle that gets passed along the family tree.. I know it's hard but sometimes you need to be the bigger man and deal with it like a good natured human being. Also very possible, maybe they were trying to get a comped dinner. Be glad that's not you
Thanks for the kind words. I'm over the situation, but man this stuff happens way too often in the restaurant industry. It absolutely is sad that the kid has to have a mom like that. You're a chef i'm sure you have some great stories first hand.

The other servers and I definitely came to the conclusion that she was bipolar or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Canuck View Post
WTF, you took a washroom break while on duty.
I know right!? How dare I use the restroom 3 hours into my shift and constantly try to stay hydrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
Crap happens.

Just blow it off.

I travel to AZ all the time for business. Pm me when you work and I'll make sure to hook you up with a fat tip the next time to make up for this idiot.

Servers don't get the respect they deserve IMHO...
Hey I really appreciate you saying that. Wish there were more people like you. The service industry really sucks. I'm going to see a career coach sometime soon and we'll hopefully find me a career. I like where I work but snowbirds can be incredibly rude (a very small percentage of course but they're there).
guerrillakilla13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 02:29 AM   #6
MrIanB

Drives: 2015 Red Rock Camaro 1LT RS
It is called trashy people. They are America's most abundant natural resource that we won't run out of EVER. Don't worry kill them with kindness and a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. You will have a smile in your face and you will make her blow up her last gasket.

No need to apologize and move on to your next table. They are not worth your time or breath.

Ian B
MrIanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 02:33 PM   #7
trodecke

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS CRT
Not exactly like what you mentioned but this reminds me of something that happened to me a few years back. I was at lunch with a vendor and the waiter brought our drinks. The waiter couldn't have been more than 18 or 19 years old. He was standing next to me and was holding the drink tray in one hand while using his other hand to hand out the drinks. He didn't pull the drinks off both sides of the tray evenly and wound up letting it tilt in my direction. Needless to say, I got drenched with about 8 good sized glasses of water and soda. The poor kid's eyes opened about 6 inches and he stared at me for a moment with his mouth wide open. Several other servers came over and started towel drying me as best they could. The vendor, a low life schmuck that was trying to schmooze us into buying something we didn't want or need, stood up and starting declaring rather loudly that the manager would not only pay for my dry cleaning but would reimburse me for the cost of the phone that just got wet, etc. I rather calmly told the vendor to sit down, that everything was OK.

Later, I noticed the kid getting chewed out by what I assumed was the manager. I went over and politely mentioned that everything was OK and that it was a mistake and there wasn't any harm done. The manager appreciated what I said and comp'ed me a cheese cake (if that tells you what restaurant we were at). I made sure the vendor left a decent tip and I added a few extra dollars of my own to the pot.

I've never truly worked as wait staff but I have worked some benefit fund raisers as a waiter. One would think a church sponsored fund raiser, staffed and attended by church members, would help people take it easy on the wait staff. Was I ever wrong! Those few hours reinforced in me the need to make sure the wait staff is well taken care of.

trodecke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 08:42 PM   #8
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
I'm glad I don't wait tables anymore. As I've gotten older I put up with less sh!t. A person like that was unfortunately the occasional norm. You get them, you have to vent about them (appropriately done here), and you get over them. I remember one lady who wanted her nacho ingredients individually portioned out, complained about the chips being too greasy before and after I brought them out, her husband camped at my table for 45 minutes before she showed up, then camped for an hour minimum when she got there after ordering only appetizers, and then stiffed me after I was very attentive to their every need. On the flip side, the redeeming thing of waiting tables is having your regulars come in and ask for you every time and occasionally leave you monsterous tips. Good luck to you, and better luck next shift!
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 09:38 PM   #9
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
I hate people!
Old 01-04-2016, 09:55 AM   #10
Mortious
Ammo

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (LS3 M6)
To the OP, that is why I have forced my children to work for tips for their first job (mainly waiting tables), so they understand what sort of crap most wait staff have to deal with.

I have seen a situation like that before, my wife and I (before kids) were out for our anniversary, only had a 50 dollar bill, but a table next to us had 8 people (mainly kids) and just trashed the place, the parents left no tip for the waitress (who was waiting on us too) and it took her and 4 other bus people about 15 min to turn the table.

I made sure to tip her well, she tried to refuse it (we tipped 50 on our 50 dollar bill) but we explained to her that what was done was not right, and to make sure her bus staff knew of our thanks for being so professional.

On the flip side, I will let my wait staff know if they are messing up, and my tips will reflect as such, but would never make a scene like that, at most Ill speak to the manager, but primarily let my tips do the talking.
Old 01-04-2016, 10:06 AM   #11
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
OP you may like this one. Goes on social media looking for sympathy because the wait staff slighted her by dealing with a life-and-death situation, but it blew up in her face. She is even receiving death threats.

EXCLUSIVE: The hairdresser who posted a rant about a diner ruining her New Year's Eve meal by having a HEART ATTACK

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...RT-ATTACK.html
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 10:07 AM   #12
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Old 01-04-2016, 10:22 AM   #13
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
There's a small percentage of people out there who have the ability to make it suck for the other 99% of decent people. Whether it's on the road (it only takes ONE jackass doing 15 MPH under the speed limit--- in the left lane--- to create a frustrating traffic jam for hundreds of people to deal with), or a diner in a restaurant, there's always going to be somebody.

I occasionally go to dinner with some friends of mine. Nice, decent people, but they have an aversion to tipping. It's a "religion card" that they play, but I'm not buying it ("I give the Lord 10%, so nobody else is getting more than that!"). The standard tip for them is 5%. Thus, after we leave and head for the parking lot, I must ALWAYS "forget something," go back inside, and leave an appropriate tip so that the server/ staff don't get shorted, or think that they did something to piss us off.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 10:32 AM   #14
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Some people suck.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote