Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 04-24-2018, 05:07 PM   #15
Inkedmongo

Drives: 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProCharger View Post
Seems like you are looking for exactly what "PRAY" on this forum did...

He proved you don't have to go crazy, and get really amazing results.
Exactly.

With wanting to do a cam and possibly e85 at some point would I see results worth paying extra for the D1SC over the P series? Is there a difference in psi between the two out of box?

I also seen a vendor on here claim the stage II full kits (non tuner) includes injectors, is this true? And if so are they on par with the LT4 injectors?

I am just all over the place trying to figure out if I cam my car the same time I do exhaust and procharge if the fuel system can handle it and just update the fuel system when i e85 it later... <smh>
Inkedmongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 07:23 PM   #16
MR 45TH

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkedmongo View Post
Exactly.

With wanting to do a cam and possibly e85 at some point would I see results worth paying extra for the D1SC over the P series? Is there a difference in psi between the two out of box?

I also seen a vendor on here claim the stage II full kits (non tuner) includes injectors, is this true? And if so are they on par with the LT4 injectors?

I am just all over the place trying to figure out if I cam my car the same time I do exhaust and procharge if the fuel system can handle it and just update the fuel system when i e85 it later... <smh>
If you are planning big power later go with the D1. Yes they will be about the same boost out of the box but the D1 will have a larger pulley and not work so hard to get to the same power level. And then of course down the road the D1 will go much higher on the HP chart

No they don’t come with injectors.

As far as the fuel system If you want to be sure you won’t run out then go with a port injection system. Weapon X makes a serious injection system. If not the LT4 stuff with a LPE high pressure pump should take care of it, up till you want to go E85.
Old 04-24-2018, 08:00 PM   #17
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
Hey I'd like to choose a Maggie, but its your money and you have great choices with the Gen6. There are benefits to both, I'm just the other guy who loves his Heartbeat. You write the check not me. Enjoy whatever you decide to do and good luck
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 10:00 PM   #18
Drsagacity

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Nightfall Gray vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR 45TH View Post
If you are planning big power later go with the D1. Yes they will be about the same boost out of the box but the D1 will have a larger pulley and not work so hard to get to the same power level. And then of course down the road the D1 will go much higher on the HP chart

No they don’t come with injectors.

As far as the fuel system If you want to be sure you won’t run out then go with a port injection system. Weapon X makes a serious injection system. If not the LT4 stuff with a LPE high pressure pump should take care of it, up till you want to go E85.
Great advice.

I went down the Procharger path before and the P1 was great but didn’t have the headroom for growth. Let’s face it, we are all sick in the head for doing this to an already solid performance car. I really did enjoy my D1.

2018 Corvette Z06 vert- Black
To be tuned by JRE Racing
TBD performance
Drsagacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 10:46 PM   #19
Inkedmongo

I assume you guys are running the Magnuson with the intercooler that runs about $7k ?
Old 04-24-2018, 11:37 PM   #20
Drsagacity

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Nightfall Gray vert
Quote:
I assume you guys are running the Magnuson with the intercooler that runs about $7k ?
I don’t recall what I paid, but that sounds in the range. For me, cost wasn’t the issue, it was about the way the car performs and where I want my car to end up.

My last go around, I ended up with a car that was too loud, shifted too hard, had a very loose start (converter to get into power band). It reached the point where it was no longer a car I wanted to drive all the time and honestly, wife hated riding in it.

As an example, Pray made an awesome run with the P1. He also had headers, converter, gutted cats, alky, etc. For me, that was the start of my slippery slope that I had already played out before.

My goal this time around was to keep gears and converter stock. I want to keep my exhaust more restricted for noise reasons (although I will probably add a cutout so I can get loud on sometimes.

I will upgrade the fuel system and up boost, probably running 620-650rwhp...but with a car that will be completely like stock unless I get on it.

Most likely I will go with forged pistons/rods and up the boost to 700-750rwhp....but again, It will drive 100% like stock unless I get on it...damn close to a 9sec vert.

I should add, I am also more conservative in that most of the other guys aren’t going forged to reach the power numbers I want...But I hate things breaking and would rather pay more to somewhat keep things together reliably...I would rather pay extra for peace of mind (been down path of grenaded motor).

Admittedly, I also have this little devil on my shoulder that just keeps pushing for a cam too...because I love the lope, but again, with the tradeoff of drivability and Noise.

My take, you can’t go wrong. I have been down the path before so this time around, I am doing things a little differently. On the street, both are a blast and regardless of what anyone says, first gear is useless with either setup...

2018 Corvette Z06 vert- Black
To be tuned by JRE Racing
TBD performance

Last edited by Drsagacity; 04-25-2018 at 12:04 AM.
Drsagacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 08:36 AM   #21
DapperDan

Drives: 2017 1SS A8 Nightfall Gray
[QUOTE=Drsagacity;]

As an example, Pray made an awesome run with the P1. He also had headers, converter, gutted cats, alky, etc. For me.

Lets compare P1x car 10lbs of boost, Maggie car 15lbs
How big a difference?
P1x car LT4 fuel system,Maggie car LT4/ Lingenfelter big bore hpfp ( Lingenfelter says 10% better than LT4)
How big a difference?
P1x car 93 pump gas, Maggie car 109 racing gas.
How big a difference?
P1x car Alky straight meth, Maggie AEM meth/water
How big a difference?
P1x car 2SS with added weight, Maggie car 1SS with roll bar added.
What is the weight difference?
P1x car Drag radials, Maggie car Slicks
Any difference?
P1x car headers no cats, Maggie car stock exhaust
How big a difference?
Maggie car Pray ported T/B, P1x car stock
How big a difference?
P1x car converter, Maggie car stock converter
How big a difference?
Maggie car 703whp, P1x car 681whp
Both 10.0s @ 138 1/4 mile
Old 04-25-2018, 10:27 AM   #22
Inkedmongo

I basically want to know where the line in the sand is drawn with:

1 - the stock LT1 fuel system before running low on fuel delivery with forced induction pump gas

2- the amount of boost capable on a stock engine with LT1 fuel system

2- the capability of running e85 on an LT4 fuel system on a stock engine with a d1 head unit, and if so at what psi?

3- what psi and hp numbers does forged internals come into play?

I see people referring me to a $7k Maggy setup saying it's the best thing since sliced bread while running a $1500 HPFP with lt4 injectors, and it comes out to a lot more than I am looking at with the D1 setup and possible LT4 upgrade.

I would like to leave a few bucks in my pocket for other things, like buying the woman something nice. I was given the "oh, sweet, okay" to do some mods, we all know that's code for "don't forget to spend money on me too."
Old 04-25-2018, 10:35 AM   #23
ProCharger

Drives: Many C7's
Quote:
I basically want to know where the line in the sand is drawn with:

1 - the stock LT1 fuel system before running low on fuel delivery with forced induction pump gas

2- the amount of boost capable on a stock engine with LT1 fuel system

2- the capability of running e85 on an LT4 fuel system on a stock engine with a d1 head unit, and if so at what psi?

3- what psi and hp numbers does forged internals come into play?

I see people referring me to a $7k Maggy setup saying it's the best thing since sliced bread while running a $1500 HPFP with lt4 injectors, and it comes out to a lot more than I am looking at with the D1 setup and possible LT4 upgrade.

I would like to leave a few bucks in my pocket for other things, like buying the woman something nice. I was given the "oh, sweet, okay" to do some mods, we all know that's code for "don't forget to spend money on me too."

Nobody can tell you where your fuel pump will run out, cause it varies from car to car. I have seen them run out at 550rwhp, I have seen them hang on till 630 rwhp. Just depends on the car.

Now that being said, you have to be honest with yourself on where your modifications will go, and do you really NEEEED a larger blower?

Example, I have a customer that knew he would NEVER build the motor. He did however know that he would do a cam someday. (which happened to be 6 months after the blower) So he picked a P1X for that reason.

Car made killer power with just the blower only.
Then he added a mild "stage 2" camshaft, and a meth kit.

He isn't an "internet guy" doesn't even have a facebook. But even without a kill tune, or great air the car is a bottom 10 second daily driver. (stock converter, and stuff) But is a legit car that runs well, and doesn't break the bank.

No intake manifold changes, No headers, No mufflers, nothing.
A blower kit, camshaft, and meth.

Now can you do something like a D1SC (good hard hitting blower down low) and the full LT4 fuel system? Absolutely. He just chose to do the cam and meth to accomplish his fueling goals, and the added airflow/power.
ProCharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 11:09 AM   #24
Inkedmongo

I just want someone to tell me yes or no if a D1SC on a stock engine with headers and offroad pipe will run e85 with the lt4 fuel system upgrade?

The only place around where I live with E-85 is a constant E65.
Old 04-25-2018, 03:25 PM   #25
MR 45TH

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
I just want someone to tell me yes or no if a D1SC on a stock engine with headers and offroad pipe will run e85 with the lt4 fuel system upgrade?

The only place around where I live with E-85 is a constant E65.
I’m pretty sure your question has been answered multiple times. If you are looking for an exact number in which you will run out of fuel, it’s not gonna happen.
Old 04-25-2018, 04:24 PM   #26
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
I kinda like slice bread. I agree with Mr Procharger on the fuel issue. Its ok if you don't want a Maggie, just pick your medicine and stick with it. You'll have some disappoints at some point and you just have to deal with it and move on to the next issue that comes up with putting a shit load more of pressure in the cylinders and things do break. I haven't yet but its possible it will happen at my boost level and I'm ok with that and you should be prepared for that to.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 04:50 PM   #27
Inkedmongo

Is anyone on this entire forum running a d1 head unit on a stock engine with e85 and an upgraded OEM LT4 fuel system with success at all?

Is anyone running a d1 head unit on a stock engine running pump gas with meth injection on an OEM LT4 fuel system?

Where I live our E85 measures a consistent E65 content year round, and our pump gas only goes up to 91 with the option of pure or with E10. With that being said, IF e85 is even doable on the LT4 platform, would I gain more power with pump gas and meth injection since it won't be straining the system due to a 30+% faster burn rate of ethanol?

I really am not trying to be difficult, I am just trying to wrap my head around this and stay focused on answers that apply to what parts I am trying to go with.
Old 04-25-2018, 05:14 PM   #28
DapperDan

Drives: 2017 1SS A8 Nightfall Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Even if E85 were corrosive all the fuel system parts are made to run on it without issue.

As long as you do the pumps and injectors you will have a lot of head room like I said up to about 660 on E-60 is where I found the limit.

This help any?