Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Phastek Performance

Old 03-23-2018, 04:52 PM   #1
davethemuss

Drives: 16 Camaro SS2
iPhoneX crashes Mylink

I have had my 2016 SS2 for a month or so. And everytime i plug in my iPhoneX after about 30sec to 2 min Mylink with clinch, freeze and the screen will go black and the Mylink system will reboot.

I took it to the dealer for an update but it still didn't fix it. Then last night on a whim I tried my wife's iPhone7+ and it worked flawlessly....

So I am thinking its the phone. I have contacted Apple and a replacement is coming. But does anyone else have issues with a iPhoneX?

Ill let you guys now what happens with the replacement
davethemuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 02:28 AM   #2
Ohji-san

Drives: 2016 2LT RS V6 A8 BVM/Kala NPP
Every now and then I have to reset my iPhoneX. A couple of things happen. Either the audio keeps switching to the device in the USB port and I am unable to play the radio or music on my iPhoneX or it doesn't connect to ApplePlay and I can't make or receive calls. Once I reset/reboot my iPhone, everything works okay for a while. Before I got my iPhoneX, Mylink used to freeze or go blank up but stopped when they update the software.
Ohji-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 03:50 AM   #3
jaysonstuart

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I've never plugged my X into the car but I use it with bluetooth all the time and it never has an issue.
jaysonstuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 12:30 PM   #4
davethemuss

Drives: 16 Camaro SS2
I got a new phone, same thing.
It doesn't seem to be Carplay. Even if Carplay is turned off and the phone is just plugged in and playing as a iPod, after less than a min the screen will slow, then freeze, then crash to a black screen and reboot.

Its not too important, as i think having it plugged in seems to be a pain in the ass anyway. But probably worth taking to the dealership about it at some point anyway.
davethemuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 12:36 PM   #5
Chevyman2

Drives: 2018 zl1
I also use the iPhone X plugged in and with Apple CarPlay and it works flawlessly so far. I keep it updated and have less than 5 additions apps besides default apps running at a time.
Chevyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 02:01 PM   #6
zirad54

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS, MRC, NPP,
Mine just did this with an iPhone 6s
zirad54 is offline   Reply With Quote