Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-26-2018, 01:31 AM   #1
Abadrs

Drives: 2016 1SS
After unhooking battery car won't start first button push

Not a huge problem but, I've all of a sudden lost my USB ports ability to charge my phone. Again not a giant problem, it's a Samsung S7 and I'm pretty sure when I got the car a few months ago they worked. I don't have android auto installed yet but was wanting to charge phone. I read on this forum where it's happened before and sounds like unhooking the negative cable for a while seems to fix it.. Except for mine lol. After hooking negative cable up car tries to start for a millisecond then stops. Second push it starts. Happened both times I unhooked battery, what gives? Seems strange
Abadrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 01:48 AM   #2
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abadrs View Post
Not a huge problem but, I've all of a sudden lost my USB ports ability to charge my phone. Again not a giant problem, it's a Samsung S7 and I'm pretty sure when I got the car a few months ago they worked. I don't have android auto installed yet but was wanting to charge phone. I read on this forum where it's happened before and sounds like unhooking the negative cable for a while seems to fix it.. Except for mine lol. After hooking negative cable up car tries to start for a millisecond then stops. Second push it starts. Happened both times I unhooked battery, what gives? Seems strange
First try a different phone and ESPECIALLY a different cable, you could just have a bad cable, do this even if it works on your wall charger. If that fails.. its dealer time.
Need4Camaro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 02:07 AM   #3
Abadrs

Yea I've tried two Samsung cables. Both good. Like I said taking it to dealer anyway soon to get Android auto loaded. I've read that it's a free update?
Old 03-26-2018, 02:17 AM   #4
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Normal, it starts on 2nd button push.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 10:36 AM   #5
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
just to clarify, it starts on second push only for first start?
Old 03-26-2018, 10:40 AM   #6
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
You install Android Auto on the phone from the Play Store. That's it. For starting the car, if I quick tap the push button, it won't start. I have to hold it in a little and by little I mean like 1 extra second or so. That's normal. If you're hearing it turn over and not starting, well...that's probably a dealer visit, but I'd check over all the electrical connections first.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 11:33 AM   #7
Abadrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
just to clarify, it starts on second push only for first start?

Yes. After initially taking two button pushes to start first time only. From then on it starts normal. No issues it's just the first start attempt after cable is hooked back up.
Old 03-26-2018, 11:37 AM   #8
I`m Batman

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueaddict View Post
You install Android Auto on the phone from the Play Store. That's it...

Early 2016 models doesn't have Android Auto loaded from factory, only Apple Car Play is loaded. You have to go to the dealer and have them update the software. I had to it. We 2016'ers also have native Pandora App installed, so no need to plug in you phone to get Pandora with all the controls.
I`m Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 12:31 PM   #9
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
Quote:
Originally Posted by I`m Batman View Post
Early 2016 models doesn't have Android Auto loaded from factory, only Apple Car Play is loaded. You have to go to the dealer and have them update the software. I had to it. We 2016'ers also have native Pandora App installed, so no need to plug in you phone to get Pandora with all the controls.
Ah, new firmware update needed. Makes sense. Was never a Pandora user. I'm an mp3 playlist type listener. I need a play around with the head unit some more.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote