Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-16-2018, 07:49 PM   #29
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
i just use the force. As long as you dont believe you'll be caught, you are safe. The moment you let doubt in: succumb to the blinking lights and sirens, you will.

no need for any of that radar/laser detector scrambler tech. Just need to use that "Secret" all the books say the 1% uses to stay the 1%. Positive self delusion. Can't argue with results.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 09:42 PM   #30
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
I'm retired, I gave out 10 speeds a day for 20 yrs!!!
Take my advice, Go get a quality radar detector and Laser Jammers.
I have both!!
-Bobby
Old 02-16-2018, 09:54 PM   #31
aronSlusa

Drives: '16 2SS
Gave out one speeding ticket during my time.... and maybe that's good carma for me...??? Even though speeding tickets always came up on my reviews.

Buddy got pulled over doing 130 as the Chief passed me... I was still doing 120. He was the only one stopped.
Running the car last week after a couple modifications and got pulled over for "noise" while doing a TOUCH more than the posted speed limit. Super gracious and my lucks probably ran out, but remember in the end... they're doing their job.
aronSlusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 10:18 PM   #32
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
got pulled over at night 70 in a 45, he let me off with a warning.
Old 02-16-2018, 11:05 PM   #33
mekirk2

Drives: 2016 2SS Ragtop Garnet Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfeelgood View Post
Not a single speeding ticket since I changed both of my license plates
Id love to get vanity plates but I keep my Veteran plates for just this reason....
mekirk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 11:14 PM   #34
jaysonstuart

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
85 in a 55, guilty as hell. He wrote me up for 65 in a 55 so I didn't get any points and complimented my car.

Cost me a $100 when I went to court.
jaysonstuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 11:26 PM   #35
SHRFT

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2ss 50 aniverssary vert
There is a thing called zero tolerance around here. on certain days in certain areas, you can't avoid a citation. That is BS in my opinion. The multy-nova red light and speed cameras are no more than a cash cow, a source of revenue.
SHRFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 12:11 AM   #36
NowaChevyGuy

Drives: 2016 Camaro LT1 RS Black on Black
93 in a 65 and no front license plate. My fault, it was 4:30pm traffic which is not the time to haul ass. He was not pleased, to say the least.
2016 RS - Trifecta Tuned, 3.23 diff swap, Borla S Type, JMS Throttle Controller, Lambo doors, Monster stereo, GM LED rear tail lights, BMR swaybars/End Links/Trailing Arms, tinted dark and murdered out.[/br]
Car kicks ass! $20k.. and I get 20mpg with my foot in it, everywhere I go!.... Say somethin about V6's now...
NowaChevyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 07:19 AM   #37
13BlackCamaroSS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I've gotten 2 since I bought this car but both of them were in my other vehicles, go figure

2016 2SS, NPP, Adrenaline Red Leather and Pads, 6sp, Sunroof, Black Bowties, Upgraded Wheels, 15% Tint, Kooks Headers, MBRP Exhaust, 1LE Wheels, Badging, Ported Throttle Body, Procharged, Snow Performance Stage 2 Meth Kit

Coming Soon: Custom Cam, E85, Ported Heads
13BlackCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 08:19 AM   #38
ecko04

Drives: Too many to list
1st Speeding Ticket - Have you gotten one yet?

Knock on wood, haven’t been pulled over for at least 8yrs and counting.

I did get a pesky speeding camera ticket in the mail this past week 47 in a 35. I did the math and overlaid the photos from the ticket camera and I believe it to be inaccurate so I’ll be going to court.

In 0.4sec, the time between photos, I would’ve had to travel 27.5ft in order to be traveling at 47mph. From the overlaid photos, I moved maybe 10-15ft.

This particular camera is right outside my house. I make a right onto the main road and it’s right there. I would’ve had to be hauling ass, which I wasn’t because once again it’s right next to my house and I commute that way daily, to be going 47mph.

Also, I run Waze all the time, even when I know where I’m going, I just have it on for the notifications, and I have a radar detector that I would say is nearly obsolete since Waze arrived.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ecko04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 10:18 AM   #39
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Do they have PBA cards in your guys towns or cities? I been pulled over in NY, PA, DE, and VA over the past 3 years and whip out the good ol PBA card and family badge i got from a friend and on my way each time with a warning and a "Just slow down remark" hehehe. If you have a friend or member of family who is law enforcement look into it. 90% of the time it will save you ass. Just sayin.....
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 10:44 AM   #40
Frank237

Drives: Kubota 2640, 83 BMW R-65, 2017 1 SS
I did the job for thirty two years. Thankfully worked for Agencies that were out there to "Protect and Serve" not collect funds from motorists.

Especially my career with the MT Hwy Patrol. We had Rules and Regulations that stated how we performed the job. We were evaluated by both peers and Supervisors. We had a motto; Firm yet Fair.

A guy encountered 5 cars in a group in excess of the limit, or too fast for snowy conditions, etc. You stopped ONE and issued a WARNING. We always considered that the FAIR thing to do. It was not about how many citations one wrote...it was about your TOTAL enforcement action for the month, quarter and year. You were evaluated on total stops, how many motorist assists, warnings written, etc. Citations were a factor, but they were NOT the only indicator that a Trooper was doing a good job.

We also took the totality of the situation into the decision to write or issue a warning. Ten or fifteen over in a school zone, or a California stop at a stop sign at a busy intersection....FAR different than the same situation in a rural area, ZERO traffic around.

I truly feel sorry for those of You living and driving in areas where your traffic enforcement Officers have such a narrow view of what's lawful and what is not. They could easily be replaced by robots.

FN in MT
Frank237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 10:44 AM   #41
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
None so far, but I've only had the car for a little over a month. I do know where most of the hot spots are down here so that helps. I think I'll end up getting a radar detector anyway. It saved me many times in my other car.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 10:47 AM   #42
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
If you have Android auto, download the WAZE Beta from somewhere on the forums and get up to date live findings of all the speed traps ect. It has saved my ass many, many times. No radar involved unless i am in a area that is in the middle of nowhere with no help from local Wazers LOL
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote