Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 06-18-2018, 09:05 PM   #1
lgreggs84

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE Metallic Ice Silver
Has anyone ran the camarofest ncm road track

I am wanting to sign up for the NCM road track at Camarofest this year in bowling green. However I’m taking the wife and my son and was wondering if anyone had participated in that particular event or knew enough about it to answer the question: is the race and prep an all day event? Will I be occupied with that event more than I’ll be able to attend the other events and spend time with the family? I’d like it to be something I can go do, they can watch,then we move on to something else. Anyone with any experience?
lgreggs84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 10:54 PM   #2
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
This event is all day but you only run about 25 minutes per run group so you'll have time (1-1.5 hrs), which is dependent upon the number of run groups for the event, to spend with your family in-between runs. Novice group will have some classroom time (family can attend) to deal with earlier in the day during the first few runs for instructions and debrief.

Get there early for tech inspection, sign-in and the mandatory drivers meeting plus you can also rent a garage stall for shade and comfort but you also need to bring some portable event chairs to sit in even if you don't rent a garage stall.

You cannot leave anything in the car while on track including floor mats so bring a waterproof tote or plastic storage bin to secure your gear in if the sky starts to cry a little especially if you're not going to rent a stall. Canopy chairs are what I've invested in for outside events and they're easy to carry with the top doubling as its very own self contained carrying case.

NCM has an observation deck above the classroom that you(they) can watch the event from for pics and videos.

You will get a lunch break for about an hour or so and they usually have a food truck on site or you can leave the track and get food. You can leave at anytime but you'll be cheating yourself out of your track time fun you paid for.

We plan for NCM on Thursday's with Beech Bend on Friday and Saturday plus the parking lot party every night. You can have your runs photo graphed professionally for a fee in advance or on the day of the event also which is nice.

Hopefully this helps you out some, above all else be safe and just have fun.
Attached Images

Last edited by RLHMARINES; 06-25-2018 at 07:01 AM.
RLHMARINES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 09:44 AM   #3
lgreggs84

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE Metallic Ice Silver
Thank you for the information! That's what I was wanting to know and even more! I only have about 1500 miles on my ZL1 1LE, I'm trying to decide if I am ready to track it or not. Thanks again for the info!
lgreggs84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 12:42 PM   #4
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgreggs84 View Post
Thank you for the information! That's what I was wanting to know and even more! I only have about 1500 miles on my ZL1 1LE, I'm trying to decide if I am ready to track it or not. Thanks again for the info!
You should be fine and what better track to break her in on than NCM with a whole bunch of fellow Camaro enthusiasts.

Last edited by RLHMARINES; 06-25-2018 at 06:54 AM.
RLHMARINES is offline   Reply With Quote