#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 06-05-2018, 09:02 PM   #15
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by androskow View Post
Thanks for the feedback guys. I have a new ZL1 and it's nice to have the baffles because of the fam. Wasn't sure companies were making exhaust with the npp but nice to know they are. Like all things on the ZL1, it's nice to turn things off and on when needed and be able to customize right from the settings. I'm anxious to get to the track and run through the settings and see how the car responds with suspension and steering.
I have an extensive audio overhaul in my car, so the NPP was a must for me. I went with Borla S-type full catback, should have gone with the attak, but I'm thinking maybe I will get the sound I want when I add the headers and Green Cats
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 08:02 AM   #16
collinms

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfeelgood View Post
I have an extensive audio overhaul in my car, so the NPP was a must for me. I went with Borla S-type full catback, should have gone with the attak, but I'm thinking maybe I will get the sound I want when I add the headers and Green Cats
What don't you like about the sound?
collinms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 09:15 AM   #17
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccw View Post
So was Jeremy's car with Borla that droned or Stainless Works? It's impossible to decipher from your cryptic writings.
Sorry Stainless works complete system is what he had that droned and many post on the forums and fB w similar results.

What i was trying to say is that Borla invests a lot time and research in power gains if any and sound... that's why there are different part numbers between SS and Zl1 even they bolt on the same.. other manufactures use the same dam number and don't give it a second thought.

I said it weird so u would make you think about what I said and look that point up and say Hmmm.

but ya I like corsa and borla but there price is the same as borla with out valves so that BS to me. the sounds are pretty similar in my opinion.

I'm working with lisa at Borla to get the 1st Carbon tip Zl1 kit vs just throwing a SS kit on like some do was hoping to showcase at Cfest.

your welcome to thumb through the ATAK videos w headers and some with out on my channel..

We have a neat one with the ATAK at Texas motor speedway no headers. go to the end of that video..

ZL1 vs bee video on my channel is the Stainless works system

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 09:25 AM   #18
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
I swear sometimes I read your posts and I have no idea what the hell you’re talking about...take more time when you write or something.

I think what your post means is Borla ATAK is your suggestion?
Yes I suggest Borla sorry abt that. Corsa sounds great to but is over priced and has no baffles.. a axle back with no valves is almost same price as a complete ATAK system w valves to clarify.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
Old 06-06-2018, 11:12 AM   #19
Sinister Zl1

Drives: ZL1
GT HAUS FTW!!! I have headers on my car and with the exhaust closed its more quiet than OEM. When it's open..it's pure anarchy!
Sinister Zl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 12:32 PM   #20
Tech@Flowmaster

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by androskow View Post
Is there an option to keep the engine sound management (ie baffles) and get an aftermarket exhaust? I am not sure of the placement of the baffles, maybe they're in the exhaust but if not, it would be nice to be able to control the sound output. I would hate to wake the family up every day but the thought of a new exhaust sounds like a good first mod.

Thanks
Take a look at our American Thunder Axle-back System, part# 817746. This system has the exhaust valves integrated into the piping and will allow full control of all exhaust modes. Our sister company Hurst currently offers an Axle-back system for your Camaro with the same features as the American Thunder. Even better that system is currently on clearance. If interested search for Hurst part# 6350029 or CLICK HERE. We offer a number of intake and exhaust options for your Camaro. If you need further assistance please feel free to PM me or call us at 707-544-4761 and we'll gladly answer any questions that you may have.

- Jason @ Flowmaster
Tech@Flowmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 12:56 PM   #21
collinms

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech@Flowmaster View Post
Take a look at our American Thunder Axle-back System, part# 817746. This system has the exhaust valves integrated into the piping and will allow full control of all exhaust modes. Our sister company Hurst currently offers an Axle-back system for your Camaro with the same features as the American Thunder. Even better that system is currently on clearance. If interested search for Hurst part# 6350029 or CLICK HERE. We offer a number of intake and exhaust options for your Camaro. If you need further assistance please feel free to PM me or call us at 707-544-4761 and we'll gladly answer any questions that you may have.

- Jason @ Flowmaster
The flowmaster sounds pretty good in the video clip. Do you offer a full cat back system?
collinms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 01:00 PM   #22
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by collinms View Post
What don't you like about the sound?
I like it, but was kind of hoping for something a little more aggressive. But again, I think I will get the sound that I want with the Headers
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 11:39 AM   #23
Intimidator

Drives: 69 GTO, 05 GTO, 2018 Silver ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech@Flowmaster View Post

- Jason @ Flowmaster

Had an Outlaw exhaust on my 2012 and 2016 Camaros, one with headers and both without cats....I loved it!
To my 57 year old ears it is the closest thing to a DEEP Big Block sound that you can get. I cannot stand the Euro Exotic sounds of most exhausts on the market for the Z.
Now that they have this NPP system, I am ordering it also...in Hurst edition of course!!!lol
Intimidator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 01:09 AM   #24
hashtag

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10/2018 GT350R #JR603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
Borla, Stainless Works, and a few others like GT Haus.

Of them all I'd go with Borla.
I just bought Borla S Type. It replaces a lot of the factory exhaust. I am really impressed with the craftsmanship. It is the only exhaust that GM offers as a factory dealer installed option.
Old 06-10-2018, 01:10 AM   #25
hashtag

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10/2018 GT350R #JR603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intimidator View Post
Had an Outlaw exhaust on my 2012 and 2016 Camaros, one with headers and both without cats....I loved it!
To my 57 year old ears it is the closest thing to a DEEP Big Block sound that you can get. I cannot stand the Euro Exotic sounds of most exhausts on the market for the Z.
Now that they have this NPP system, I am ordering it also...in Hurst edition of course!!!lol
With exhaust you get what you pay-for.
Old 06-10-2018, 05:42 AM   #26
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Exactly hashtag.. Borla goes above and beyond to test they know the zl1 sounds different than an SS and even though they bolt up the same they do the research to make sure the kits are right for each car. The quality is perfect to. We have the very 1st 6 gen system.

You can go to Phastek Performance youtube channel and check out any of the yellow 6 gen videos that pop up for sound.

Old 06-10-2018, 07:38 AM   #27
Koldunic

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
After listening to some clips, I think I will go with the Borla type S or Atak.

But I don’t want to piss off the neighberhood. Is it adequate with valves closed?

(I feel I just asked a stupid question...)
Koldunic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 08:03 AM   #28
MM77

Drives: 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfeelgood View Post
Sorry to ask as I am sure it has been asked before but the borla s type and attak fit the ZL1 conv?
MM77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aftermarket, baffles, exhaust