Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > CANADA

AWE Tuning

Old 12-30-2016, 08:00 PM   #15
M.A.K.

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE , 75 Caddy, 15 Cruze
ya i've been pricing everything out and its a much better deal to order the LPO items w/ car...seems to be the same price installed as i can find the parts alone...Thanks for the info!

Last edited by M.A.K.; 01-02-2017 at 12:44 PM.
M.A.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 07:19 PM   #16
M.A.K.

Stopped by dealership today...car order has been picked up by assembly plant and potentially could be in as soon as the end of February. Was actually expecting it more mid to late March but not going to complain!
SS 1LE Hyper Blue, PDR, Black illm emblems, Black suede knee pads
(trying to add blue interior door trim at the moment)

Also when we placed the order I had selected the strut tower brace but dealer said he could not get the system to accept the order without removing it. The brace had only come up as an option a few days/ 1 week earlier which is what he thinks was the issue... going to do some poking around at work and see if I can find anything more out.
Old 01-03-2017, 07:23 PM   #17
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Well, The plant is shut down right now..

I would say March is a safe bet.

I ordered Dec. 23rd 2015. Camaro was picked up by Factory end of 3rd week in Jan. Got my TPW Feb 1. Build week 2/15 (actually built on 2/22). Arrived March 3rd.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 08:11 AM   #18
sstoronto

Drives: 2017 2SS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.K. View Post
Stopped by dealership today...car order has been picked up by assembly plant and potentially could be in as soon as the end of February. Was actually expecting it more mid to late March but not going to complain!
SS 1LE Hyper Blue, PDR, Black illm emblems, Black suede knee pads
(trying to add blue interior door trim at the moment)

Also when we placed the order I had selected the strut tower brace but dealer said he could not get the system to accept the order without removing it. The brace had only come up as an option a few days/ 1 week earlier which is what he thinks was the issue... going to do some poking around at work and see if I can find anything more out.
Looking forward to seeing pics, once it finally arrives!
Yes, I'm partial to hyper blue, but it does work well on the 1LE.

On another note, maybe we need to start a poll on how many Camaro owners also own a Cruze! I do, as does SQUALO as well.....too funny!

Cheers.
Old 01-05-2017, 10:55 PM   #19
M.A.K.

lol, ya i'm sure there is a few! its a good little runabout for what it is...Had gone from a 2002 WRX that I had built up a fair bit so was a shock too the system, especially as I went with an automatic. (feel free to hate,haha, but i'm not well insulated!) Itching to get in the 1LE and tear through the gears..hope to have most of my break-in procedure done before it gets properly nice to start pushing it.
Old 01-06-2017, 12:17 AM   #20
Tankman

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT 2.0 Turbo
Don't like the Cruze. Got 2016 Malibu LT1 - 1.5L turbo. Great gas mileage. Nice looking family car.

Last edited by Tankman; 01-06-2017 at 01:03 AM.
Tankman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 05:18 AM   #21
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankman View Post
Don't like the Cruze. Got 2016 Malibu LT1 - 1.5L turbo. Great gas mileage. Nice looking family car.
I don't like MY cruze , had I known I was going to experience the amount of turbo lag, that I am, and it's getting worse as it ages, I would never have bought it.
I test drove the 2017 Cruze Hatchback, as I was told the new turbo doesn't have the lag. Well, it was obviously a salesman's way to convince me to trade my old one in for the new one...it didn't feel any better than what I have now, not as noticeable, but still lags; by the way this car is now built in Mexico...no hope in hell that I would buy it.

I can tell you though, I will NEVER BUY ANOTHER TURBO VEHICLE of any kind; too bad GM is putting them in all their cars, even the family size.

Sorry to get off topic from the thread, but was just adding my comments to a previous post.
Old 01-06-2017, 07:27 AM   #22
sstoronto

I hear ya Frank! In no way are they "exciting", but for an inexpensive daily.....it's OK. Mine is a '14 non-turbo. As for "turbo" cars, my wife's Escape with an Ecoboost seems OK. Also, at-least Ford and Chrysler allow u to disengage the damn start/stop feature.......GM does not!

Anyhow, back on topic.....

M.A.K., if you get it by early March, you'd be doing well. Perfect timing to ease into the nice weather, and not have to wait until mid-late Spring. It's only early January, and I can't wait to get back out, and have the winter done already. I can't recall "missing" driving my former '12 Mustang when in storage, as much as I do this SS. I love these cars!
Old 01-06-2017, 06:46 PM   #23
M.A.K.

Agreed! Cant wait for the nice weather!!!
Guess I never noticed a ton of lag, not exactly expecting a big kick from 165hp either way... just being realistic with myself.
Also after daily driving a 2L motor with ~375hp for a decade nothing seems to have any real lag comparatively! Turbo tech has come quite a long way since the millennium...
( laughs at self for rediculous car, but loved every second!)

The 1LE is going to be a totally different animal though, plan on keeping it relatively stock mechanically, if possible. Chevy's warranty will cover track use so long as you haven't done any real mods, which is my incentive. I can't imagine feeling underwhelmed for the first few years, car's performance numbers are amazing.

Note: The dealer that claimed new cruze has vastly different power-train is either very poorly informed or just full of it.

Last edited by M.A.K.; 01-06-2017 at 07:00 PM.
Old 01-06-2017, 07:52 PM   #24
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
I think our 'Cruise and Coffee' might have a bigger turn outs this year, lots of new owners.
Kool.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 03:23 PM   #25
Gman444

Drives: 2015 Subaru WRX STI
Just doing a head count here, how many people have actually been able to place an order? Visited a couple dealerships here in Edmonton and both say they're not accepting orders yet or don't have pricing available (even though it clearly shows online).
Gman444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 04:08 PM   #26
Iroc_Z28

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman444 View Post
Just doing a head count here, how many people have actually been able to place an order? Visited a couple dealerships here in Edmonton and both say they're not accepting orders yet or don't have pricing available (even though it clearly shows online).
I placed an order in September, and took delivery at the end of December
Iroc_Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 10:45 PM   #27
prod

Drives: HHR
Online inventory shows a 1SS 1LE at Gateway in Brampton.
prod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 08:33 AM   #28
sstoronto

Cool. Keep in-mind, online inventory shows all cars that are coming in; whether they've been factory ordered by someone, or configured as an inventory car.

In other words, the car in-question may already be sold.