Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-30-2018, 02:27 PM   #2213
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FH212 View Post
I know this thread is not about marketing or advertising but about the re fresh. Let me just say, I am on record that I HATE it. Maybe it will grow on me but I doubt it. Further more, commercials do actually work. I recently bought my Fiance a 18 Dodge Charger R/T. We were watching TV one night and one of those Dodge commercials came on and she said, why don't we trade in my Kia for one of those Chargers, its still got 4 doors for the kids? So we were on the Dodge lot the very next morning driving one. Purchased the one she wanted 2 weeks later in Phoenix. Ads do work and it sure wouldn't hurt Chevy to market the Camaro and Vette instead of those STUPID reality show commercials I cant stand. I sold my 2017 Chevy Silverado because I myself was waiting for the re fresh to buy a 2019 SS 1LE. That was until I saw the pictures of them. I couldn't believe it. So I started looking for a Challenger Scat Pack and came so so close to buying one. But I have always been GM loyal so it was killing me to imagine having 2 Dodge's. I ended up picking up a very low mileage 17 SS 1LE here on the forum that I am extremely happy with. Point being, the re fresh made me buy a used 17 instead of what I was wanting a new 2019 because they just don't look good AT ALL to me, and I almost bought a Challenger. I am sure I am not the only one that has done that with this re fresh.....AND commercials sure wouldn't hurt Chevy one bit. We are in our 40's and Dodges bad ass commercials worked on us!
Point taken And frankly if i were in a market for a fast sedan id take a look at a Charger SRT myself. Otherwise id just buy another suv like 99% of all other buyers. But Dodge is not a growing brand and if not for police and rental fleet sales they would likey be done by now. And it wouldnt surprise me if FCA didnt care if they sold or not as thats not how they make their strategic profits and thats not a key to growing their biz. And perhaps thats why they havent offered any meaningful upgrades in a decade. Bad ass commercials notwithstanding...

We all assume GM wants to sell more Camaros than their pony car competition. But maybe thats not the case at all, based on profit margins when compared to other offers.
I have a feeling theyd much rather sell Silverados, Tahoes and Traverses...

Who knows what the real game plan is here. Cars have become a niche market. Sports cars just a tiny slice of this shrinking niche. Look at what Ford has decided to do. Perhaps if not for a likelihood of a major PR backlash, theyd nix the Stang as well? Who knows.

Bottom line, designs change. Ive owned a Charger back in a day. An 81 Z28. Then a GT. I didnt like gen5 and hence bought 2 more Stangs instead. Now i am back to 1LE which i love performance wise. Styling? It is ok but just. Would i ever buy a Stang again? Only if Ford got serious about track performance. Would i ever buy a Challenger? NO! Because the car looks huge and on pogo sticks, weighs a ton and was already old 5 yrs ago. So i dont care how clever commercials they may invent, but they wont fool my wallet
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 09:20 PM   #2214
RealG

Drives: 2024 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
ZL1 is about $55k in USD where i live.
Fake news
RealG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 09:28 PM   #2215
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
$56,190
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...modelCode1=CAM
Old 05-30-2018, 11:45 PM   #2216
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealG View Post
Fake news
$55,785 to be exact for base ZL1.
Old 05-30-2018, 11:47 PM   #2217
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
There ya go. Just takes a few minutes of one's time right?
Old 05-31-2018, 12:02 AM   #2218
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2019 ZL1 on Order
Bomnin do not honor any of the prices they advertise online - as soon as you make contact with them the price increases

They are well known for their bait and switch tactics

So that is not a valid price unfortunately
Old 05-31-2018, 08:12 AM   #2219
SDG23

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by FH212 View Post
I know this thread is not about marketing or advertising but about the re fresh. Let me just say, I am on record that I HATE it. Maybe it will grow on me but I doubt it. Further more, commercials do actually work. I recently bought my Fiance a 18 Dodge Charger R/T. We were watching TV one night and one of those Dodge commercials came on and she said, why don't we trade in my Kia for one of those Chargers, its still got 4 doors for the kids? So we were on the Dodge lot the very next morning driving one. Purchased the one she wanted 2 weeks later in Phoenix. Ads do work and it sure wouldn't hurt Chevy to market the Camaro and Vette instead of those STUPID reality show commercials I cant stand. I sold my 2017 Chevy Silverado because I myself was waiting for the re fresh to buy a 2019 SS 1LE. That was until I saw the pictures of them. I couldn't believe it. So I started looking for a Challenger Scat Pack and came so so close to buying one. But I have always been GM loyal so it was killing me to imagine having 2 Dodge's. I ended up picking up a very low mileage 17 SS 1LE here on the forum that I am extremely happy with. Point being, the re fresh made me buy a used 17 instead of what I was wanting a new 2019 because they just don't look good AT ALL to me, and I almost bought a Challenger. I am sure I am not the only one that has done that with this re fresh.....AND commercials sure wouldn't hurt Chevy one bit. We are in our 40's and Dodges bad ass commercials worked on us!

You make a good point. If I were looking to buy a 2019 Camaro or a new Challenger, from the looks standpoint alone I'd likely end up with a Challenger. That design is hardly new, and I see tons of them on the road, but compared to the '19 Camaro refresh, it looks quite good.

The Camaro would be the better performing car, but with a design like that, I'm just not 100% convinced the performance would outweigh those grotesque looks. What an odd situation to be put in, driving something that performs so well but looks so bad most people would wince at the mere sight of it. It appears that the life of the 6th Gen Camaro is like that woman we all know who used to look hot ('16-18 models) but didn't age well at all (2019+).

Here's to hoping the 7th Gen is beyond incredible in every way, Chevy will need it to be in order to redeem themselves.
Old 05-31-2018, 10:42 AM   #2220
RealG

Drives: 2024 2SS
Quote:
There ya go. Just takes a few minutes of one's time right?
Fake News ! , I have 55K someone post me a link to purchase a new ZL1 for 55K. Just contacted the people in the links and no sale for 55K.
RealG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 10:55 AM   #2221
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealG View Post
Fake News ! , I have 55K someone post me a link to purchase a new ZL1 for 55K. Just contacted the people in the links and no sale for 55K.
Is it because that car has already sold?
Old 05-31-2018, 11:07 AM   #2222
FH212

Drives: 2021 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDG23 View Post
You make a good point. If I were looking to buy a 2019 Camaro or a new Challenger, from the looks standpoint alone I'd likely end up with a Challenger. That design is hardly new, and I see tons of them on the road, but compared to the '19 Camaro refresh, it looks quite good.

The Camaro would be the better performing car, but with a design like that, I'm just not 100% convinced the performance would outweigh those grotesque looks. What an odd situation to be put in, driving something that performs so well but looks so bad most people would wince at the mere sight of it. It appears that the life of the 6th Gen Camaro is like that woman we all know who used to look hot ('16-18 models) but didn't age well at all (2019+).

Here's to hoping the 7th Gen is beyond incredible in every way, Chevy will need it to be in order to redeem themselves.
I too am hoping the 7th Gen will be amazing. All though, the good thing is they left the ZL1 looks alone so in 2020 when I am looking to get something newer I will be able to get a lightly used 2019 ZL1!
2001 Mecham Trans Am #3 - 7.0L LS1
FH212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 11:35 AM   #2223
coruiz

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern07 View Post
Bomnin do not honor any of the prices they advertise online - as soon as you make contact with them the price increases

They are well known for their bait and switch tactics

So that is not a valid price unfortunately
This is 100% percent true.

Anyone looking for a Camaro in central/south FL always ends up on their website only to find out they are full of S*it!
Old 05-31-2018, 11:41 AM   #2224
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by coruiz View Post
This is 100% percent true.

Anyone looking for a Camaro in central/south FL always ends up on their website only to find out they are full of S*it!
Curious what they actually say in terms of posted discounts and how they would apply.

My price is straight from a GM.ca website based on prevailing FX rate so not fake news at all. But again, thats where i live for a base car and frankly the only option id pick is PDR.
Old 05-31-2018, 03:19 PM   #2225
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
$895 dealer doc fee? they can go pound sand lol

Quote:
Curious what they actually say in terms of posted discounts and how they would apply.

My price is straight from a GM.ca website based on prevailing FX rate so not fake news at all. But again, thats where i live for a base car and frankly the only option id pick is PDR.
alot of dealers do that here in the states. they post an ad for a car, show their dealer discount. then if you look through the fine print, it sometimes states that the listed price includes all factory rebates.

Example say your looking at a car that lists for 30K
From the manufacturer there is either a 5000 cash back or 2500 + 0% financing. You can not get both.

Dealer advertises car with 7500 off for a price of 22,500. Dealers do it all the time.

The car linked above, the description states

"Price already include applicable manufacturer rebates and incentives which are subject to manufacturer incentive or rebate qualification criteria and requirements, and which may be contingent upon manufacturer finance company approval."
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 03:53 PM   #2226
TrackClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
$895 dealer doc fee? they can go pound sand lol

alot of dealers do that here in the states. they post an ad for a car, show their dealer discount. then if you look through the fine print, it sometimes states that the listed price includes all factory rebates.

Example say your looking at a car that lists for 30K
From the manufacturer there is either a 5000 cash back or 2500 + 0% financing. You can not get both.

Dealer advertises car with 7500 off for a price of 22,500. Dealers do it all the time.

The car linked above, the description states

"Price already include applicable manufacturer rebates and incentives which are subject to manufacturer incentive or rebate qualification criteria and requirements, and which may be contingent upon manufacturer finance company approval."
Oh crap i thought stuff like this was illegal. I get the point now.

Tags
2019 camaro refresh, 2020 camrao, becky, beckyd, camaro refresh, camarodestroyed, new camaro, ugly camaro, wtf?!?!