Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 09-21-2016, 10:56 AM   #309
TMasticTB91
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: '16 Hyper Blue 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Branight View Post
Very aggravating to spend so much money on a car and for it to have such an obvious and annoying flaw. Did they not do any quality control when they were building prototypes?

Likely nowhere near the southeast US, where conditions are most often ideal for the fogging to occur.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-25-2016, 06:57 PM   #310
6thCamaro

Drives: 2016 2LT RS Camaro
Winshield fogging issue

I live in south florida and my RS windshield does fog up on the bottom middle.
Frankly its restricting my vision and is a safety hazard. Paid $40K for this car and this should not be a issue. I have had other problems with this car.
Overheat warning form a corroded fan module connector, dealer didn't find it but then the recall was issued. Also the passenger power recliner stopped functioning. Had to bring the car in for that issue. So far I believe the car has been in and out of the dealers shop for 13 days.
Never had a issue with my previous car 2008 Acura TL.
Not nitpicking here..... the truth speaks for itself.
6thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 12:24 PM   #311
DiGiam

Drives: 2016 NFG SS A8
Well I have 2 issues. The windshield fogs up when i run my a/c but that won't be a concern now because my a/c started blowing blow torch hot air friday. So at least my windshield will be fog free. I know new cars have issues but this is crazy
Old 10-03-2016, 09:43 PM   #312
n813ca

Drives: 2106 SS
mine is getting out of hand here in FL. It is completely becoming a serious safety issue, and I am the only idiot driving around with my windshield wipers on full blast on a sunny day!
n813ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 10:33 PM   #313
Boilermaker128

Drives: 2010 CobaltSSTC
Wait to see how they remedy it for the zl1. Epic fail if people paying 80k+ get stuck with this issue.
Boilermaker128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 08:06 AM   #314
TMasticTB91
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: '16 Hyper Blue 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by n813ca View Post
mine is getting out of hand here in FL. It is completely becoming a serious safety issue, and I am the only idiot driving around with my windshield wipers on full blast on a sunny day!
Block it with a microfiber cloth or towel for the time being. Some of us are working on more permanent/better-looking solutions, but for the meantime cover the vent so you don't get hurt.
Old 10-06-2016, 08:19 AM   #315
17SSfifty

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th 2012 TFE RS 2LT
Hi everyone. The fogging on the windshield is happening on the 2017 models even on my fifty anniversary edition camaro. This is my first ever camaro (They are freaking awesome) but I just wanted to confirm the rain x option is not working for many? Just the microfiber towel? I live in Houston so things get toasty down here! I am hoping Phastek or another after market company will develop a fix!
17SSfifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 09:44 AM   #316
Billabongi

Drives: '17 SS 50th Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17SSfifty View Post
Hi everyone. The fogging on the windshield is happening on the 2017 models even on my fifty anniversary edition camaro. This is my first ever camaro (They are freaking awesome) but I just wanted to confirm the rain x option is not working for many? Just the microfiber towel? I live in Houston so things get toasty down here! I am hoping Phastek or another after market company will develop a fix!
The only current "fix" right now is to cover the vents with something, most of us are currently using a microfiber towel. I think GM will just wait everybody out and never acknowledge or fix the problem which seems to be working. Notice the drop in posts?
2017 50th Anniversary 2LT\RS - #1583 SOLD
2017 50th Anniversary 2SS - #3410
Billabongi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 09:50 AM   #317
vet757

Drives: ^^^This
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17SSfifty View Post
Just the microfiber towel? I live in Houston so things get toasty down here! I am hoping Phastek or another after market company will develop a fix!
Same here...Does anyone know if any of the aftermarket companies are developing a more aesthetic solution?
vet757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 10:01 AM   #318
Wheel Team 6

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Excessively fogging windshields on the outside

I'm not a company persay but I'm working on the best possible fix. I have a machinist partner that as we speak are working on a second prototype. The first one proved a theory I have about this issue. We have full time jobs so this is a side project but when we do have time we're working on it. As soon as we nail down an aesthetically appealing complete solution with every potential problem engineered out of it myself and tmastic will be testing fully before offer them up to our fellow gen 6 owners.

Just a heads up about the phone call I received yesterday from my dealer and GM. It basically was a waste of a minute and a half of my voicemail storage. They recommend a towel, or hitting defrost and AC constantly while driving and rain x fog x which doesn't work because unlike most vehicles windows fogging on the inside whereas on ours it occurs on the outside.

My dealer and the communication with GM was a big waste of time. I will update as soon as I can on our progress.
Wheel Team 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 11:12 AM   #319
vet757

Drives: ^^^This
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheel Team 6 View Post
I'm not a company persay but I'm working on the best possible fix. I have a machinist partner that as we speak are working on a second prototype. The first one proved a theory I have about this issue. We have full time jobs so this is a side project but when we do have time we're working on it. As soon as we nail down an aesthetically appealing complete solution with every potential problem engineered out of it myself and tmastic will be testing fully before offer them up to our fellow gen 6 owners.

Just a heads up about the phone call I received yesterday from my dealer and GM. It basically was a waste of a minute and a half of my voicemail storage. They recommend a towel, or hitting defrost and AC constantly while driving and rain x fog x which doesn't work because unlike most vehicles windows fogging on the inside whereas on ours it occurs on the outside.

My dealer and the communication with GM was a big waste of time. I will update as soon as I can on our progress.
Thats great news, Ill buy one or two for sure!
vet757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 06:59 PM   #320
Dayle1

Drives: 2016 Hyper blue coupe V6/auto
I've read this entire thread and have the problem as well. But also live in an area where weather conditions are only occasionally causing fogging and so far it has only been annoying not dangerous like some of you are dealing with. Also seems pretty clear this is a big GM mistake but not likely to be fixed by GM anytime soon. While a proper fix might be difficult on existing cars, seems like an alternative would be a plastic air diverter shaped like a hood scoop to direct the excess cold air away from the windshield and back into the cabin. Someone just needs to get with a plastic fab house.
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 11:34 PM   #321
Wheel Team 6

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Excessively fogging windshields

That's what I'm doing. You are correct. I tested this theory but diverting it doesn't correct the issue. It still has a cold thermal transfer so it bleeds out around the sides and still fogs up the outside of the windshield. What I'm working on is a vacuum molded and insulated diverter that prevents cold air blasting the windshield at the base and that matches our dashes.
Wheel Team 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 12:37 AM   #322
Juliannnt

Drives: Mosaic Black on Black. 2017 M6 2SS.
My best fix was to crank the ac really high temp and have it blast on the windshield for a minute or two, it'll fix the issue for the most part. Still pretty annoying.
Juliannnt is offline   Reply With Quote