Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-16-2015, 07:45 PM   #29
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
I'm seeing a lot of fake here.
The only parts that look clearly fake are the front and sidewindows being taped way smaller, the vertical split in the grille and the rear quarter windows being covered. Other than that, I don't see any clear lines that would suggest padding or fake panels.
Old 01-16-2015, 07:49 PM   #30
fradaj

Drives: RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazcron View Post
Probably a trick of the lighting and the angled dual reflection. I did a quickie render, not bothering to take the time to make the split reflection. Mine also does not have the spoiler either. I suppose I could add one at some point. Mako22 has it right.

I still can't believe that not a single other picture exists of that image from the event.

Anyone know somebody at Autoblog, maybe they can get a better picture. There is a guy in the picture taking a picture.
fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 07:59 PM   #31
mako22

Drives: 2017 HB 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Prototypes. The surface of a Mule is usually a different car used as a donor.
the entire body, particularly the roofline? seriously doubt it.
Old 01-17-2015, 05:47 AM   #32
1hevy_chevy

Drives: Nightfall Gray 2016 6M 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
I'm seeing a lot of fake here.
This. While chazcrons renders are amazing, I think you guys forget what happened to the vette. I don't think it will look anything like this under that camo.
1hevy_chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 08:46 AM   #33
mako22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hevy_chevy View Post
This. While chazcrons renders are amazing, I think you guys forget what happened to the vette. I don't think it will look anything like this under that camo.
the C7 had a non-padded camo car that looked totally different than the real thing???
Old 01-17-2015, 09:56 AM   #34
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazcron View Post
Probably a trick of the lighting and the angled dual reflection. I did a quickie render, not bothering to take the time to make the split reflection. Mine also does not have the spoiler either. I suppose I could add one at some point. Mako22 has it right.

I still can't believe that not a single other picture exists of that image from the event.
It's ridiculous. I searched for about an hour for a clip...anything and couldn't find a damn thing. If effing Nintendo did a press conference there'd be 300 videos of it on youtube.
Red Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 10:01 AM   #35
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by mako22 View Post
so you are saying you believe what you are interpreting from this "picture" rather than the countless photos/vids we've seen of the actual car from every angle??? Is your theory that GM went back and redesigned the car after the mules???

It's time to give up on the design being radically different than the 5th, we've seen the basic shape, size, and major lines already.
All I'm saying is Chevrolet has never said anything to confirm that the mules we've seen are 100% the next Camaro. We've just assumed that.

The only time they've connected a picture with the next Camaro is in that press conference picture. And from that picture, the shape of the cabin looks alot different.
Red Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 10:53 AM   #36
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chief View Post
All I'm saying is Chevrolet has never said anything to confirm that the mules we've seen are 100% the next Camaro. We've just assumed that.

The only time they've connected a picture with the next Camaro is in that press conference picture. And from that picture, the shape of the cabin looks alot different.
OK, let me say it again. What we have seen are not MULES. They are PROTOTYPES.

Mules use another car as a donor to attach the chassis to. For example the spy shots of what is expected to be the new large Cadillac used Chevy PPVs for the donor. Those were Mules.

Prototype is the expected sheet metal. Not production parts, mind you but representative of what will go into production.

I have said that it is possible that under the jazz camo there is still some panels hiding features and shape.

Generally what we are used to seeing is the August level prototypes with padding and vinyl covers. Side note, I know the guy who owns the company that makes all those vinyl covers.

Later when they need to have true aero performance, they remove the pads. For example, running around the 'ring would be silly with the vinyl pads strapped on.

Not saying they have or haven't, I'm just suggesting that there are elements of the design that may still be hidden and it would be easy to do so.

Yes, I think we have the jist of the car. Chazcron has done some really, really nice renders. But the devil is in the details.
Old 01-17-2015, 10:57 AM   #37
mako22

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chief View Post
All I'm saying is Chevrolet has never said anything to confirm that the mules we've seen are 100% the next Camaro. The only time they've connected a picture with the next Camaro is in that press conference picture. And from that picture, the shape of the cabin looks alot different.

Try this analogy: Your friend is setting you up on a date. He shows you 30 pictures of the girl, and even a few videos of her running. She has some weird outfits on, but you can still see her in broad daylight, and you are really disappointed. She also looks too much like your ex, which is bumming you out.

Then, you find one tiny picture of her in a dark room where you can barely make out her shape, and you think she looks better - and all of a sudden you're like:

"OMG - SHE IS GOING TO BE SO MUCH HOTTER THAN I THOUGHT!!!"
Old 01-17-2015, 11:06 AM   #38
Mpsmith1

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE
Word.
Mpsmith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 11:24 AM   #39
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
So usually I wouldn't jump in arguments like this but I had this pic from the spy shots on my phone and figured I'd provide it to kinda prove Mako22's point. If the did fudge the roof line on the test cars, they did it perfectly. The only part of the camo wrap that isnt laying flat against the body of the car is the bit on the roof that got some air under it from the speed. The sun is hitting the car at the perfect angle to show every body line on this car, if there was padding or some fakery happening here, we'd be able to see it in this pic... but its smooth. So I think mako and chazcron have a good point. The angle of the teaser pics lighting may make it look different but thats all it is, just lighting. So unless the completely redesigned the roofline between this Nurburgring spy shot and that teaser, which im fairly certain didnt happen, then im pretty sure we've seen the final design. The teaser is just out of focus on purpose.
Attached Images

Old 01-17-2015, 11:47 AM   #40
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Lives On View Post
So usually I wouldn't jump in arguments like this but I had this pic from the spy shots on my phone and figured I'd provide it to kinda prove Mako22's point. If the did fudge the roof line on the test cars, they did it perfectly. The only part of the camo wrap that isnt laying flat against the body of the car is the bit on the roof that got some air under it from the speed. The sun is hitting the car at the perfect angle to show every body line on this car, if there was padding or some fakery happening here, we'd be able to see it in this pic... but its smooth. So I think mako and chazcron have a good point. The angle of the teaser pics lighting may make it look different but thats all it is, just lighting. So unless the completely redesigned the roofline between this Nurburgring spy shot and that teaser, which im fairly certain didnt happen, then im pretty sure we've seen the final design. The teaser is just out of focus on purpose.
Except that it would so incredibly easy to make a carbon fiber panel and affix it to the real body panels. VERY easy to do. Whether they did or didn't, we will soon see. Did I say how easy that would be?

Don't get me wrong, I think this is it. But I wouldn't bet on it just because I know how easy it would be to put faux panels over the real ones and then put jazz camo over that.
Old 01-17-2015, 01:07 PM   #41
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Oh but at this point aero and cooling have to be representative. So there are some limits as to what could still be hidden.
Old 01-18-2015, 12:06 PM   #42
GRAHL
workaholic

Drives: 69 SS Lemans Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by mako22 View Post
Try this analogy: Your friend is setting you up on a date. He shows you 30 pictures of the girl, and even a few videos of her running. She has some weird outfits on, but you can still see her in broad daylight, and you are really disappointed. She also looks too much like your ex, which is bumming you out.

Then, you find one tiny picture of her in a dark room where you can barely make out her shape, and you think she looks better - and all of a sudden you're like:

"OMG - SHE IS GOING TO BE SO MUCH HOTTER THAN I THOUGHT!!!"
Can't fake that roofline dude, but you can sure hide it under camo. Or to use your analogy, every pic of your blind date is her wearing the same sweater, then you see a sillhouete shot of her with a slimmer curve. Which one is more accurate? Certainly room for speculation. Relax buddy, let's enjoy the speculation and reveal!

Tags
2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 camaro spy, 2016 camaro spy photo, 2016 camaro spy photos, 2016 camaro spy pics, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation