#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 05-26-2019, 04:55 PM   #43
angryBits

Drives: ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by siggy_30 View Post
Valid points. I think $42k for a 2015 ZL1 is probably generous though. Did it sell for that much or is that what it’s listed at? I hopped on cargurus and most are in the low 30’s. I do agree on the generational gap, and I’m probably not being fair on the ZL1 retaining its value better compared to other Camaros.
42k was the list price. You're right, it may sell for less.

My feeling is that unless the car has a tradition for a very long production run, or is a limited production car, or the next generation is a step backwards, most cars just depreciate similarly enough that it's not worth factoring in to a car buying decision.

For example, a 93 Mazda RX-7 sell for as much now as it did when it was new. Because they killed the RX-7 and the RX-8 that followed later was terrible.

Having said all that... I predict the C7 Corvette Z06 and ZR1 (especially M7) will retain a lot of value because the C8 will be automatic and rear engine and have transitioned from beautiful sports-car-look to super-car-look (which some of us are not a fan of).
angryBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 06:24 PM   #44
TheRedhead

Drives: 2018 Red Hot ZL1 1LE
I'm tempted to swap my ZLE for a GS.

Built!
TheRedhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 06:28 PM   #45
atiprocharger

Drives: Black 2018 Camaro ZL1 auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by NB2017ZL1 View Post
I have both. ZL1 any day of the week! More room, more comfort and the A10 is an engineering marvel. The A8 is shit!
Old 05-26-2019, 09:23 PM   #46
Revalot

Drives: ZL1/1LE parts added
Location: Somewhere around Texas pines tress and smooth asphalt
Here's the thing about performance for sure, If the mid engine corvette has a huge performance jump, and people get a chance to ride in one, or get blown off the road by one, C7 will pile up on parking lots. I remember when pics of the hayabusa came out, and I said I would never own one. One test ride and I new the game had changed on performance ! That was in 1999, 2002 I got a new hayabusa put a cam, pistons, pipe and 200hp. If a Z06 will hit low 10's or a ZR1 C8, 9 second 1/4 and better laps. It's a game changer, If I was GM I would shoot for 720s performance and better, and watch the performance world go crazy !
Revalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 06:42 PM   #47
cbr1100xx
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 Jetta 1.8, '19 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revalot View Post
Here's the thing about performance for sure, If the mid engine corvette has a huge performance jump, and people get a chance to ride in one, or get blown off the road by one, C7 will pile up on parking lots. I remember when pics of the hayabusa came out, and I said I would never own one. One test ride and I new the game had changed on performance ! That was in 1999, 2002 I got a new hayabusa put a cam, pistons, pipe and 200hp. If a Z06 will hit low 10's or a ZR1 C8, 9 second 1/4 and better laps. It's a game changer, If I was GM I would shoot for 720s performance and better, and watch the performance world go crazy !
Owned a 2007 Hayabusa. Loved the torque/power but mine was so buzzy that I sold it 10 months later. My Blackbird was slightly slower but still a monster and had zero buzz in comparison.

The performance thing is completely overblown with cars though. Had supercharged cars. They are hard to launch on the street and are completely overkill IMO. I enjoy so much the manageable NA performance of the SS and it's still a freakin' rocket.

I think many realize this and that's why there are countless ZL1s that show up for sale on this site with hardly any miles on them. People dump them faster than Enron stock.
cbr1100xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 09:20 PM   #48
Brettmess24

Drives: 17 C7 GS WGG
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauly1119 View Post
Same exact situation but I have a extra little girl. My Vette was even the same color as yours.

Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brettmess24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 04:21 PM   #49
atiprocharger

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottcolem View Post
I had a '14 ZL1 and traded it for a 16 Z06. worst mistake ever. traded the Z06 for a 19 ZL1. Id love to e able to find my old '14 and buy it back
Why was it the worst mistake?
Old 06-27-2019, 04:28 PM   #50
atiprocharger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosse'sBoss View Post
From the reviews that I read specially from MT, they preferred the ZL1 to the Z06 because it feels more stable, more planted to the road. I would keep the ZL1, if you don't mind the looks of the C7 Corvette. The Z06 would be faster only because is lighter. But the big difference would be the confidence level on a car that suddenly could steep out. The confidence level of the N.A. engine Corvette Grand Sport is higher compared to the Z06.
In other hand you have a perfect marriage of the Camaro's Alpha platform with the S.C. V8
I agree with you. The extra 400lbs the zl1 has gives it more confidence. I just test drove a 2019 z06 vette with an a8 and it was scary fast. It seemed that if I pushed it like the camaro, it would break loose much easier.
Old 06-27-2019, 04:56 PM   #51
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr1100xx View Post
Owned a 2007 Hayabusa. Loved the torque/power but mine was so buzzy that I sold it 10 months later. My Blackbird was slightly slower but still a monster and had zero buzz in comparison.

The performance thing is completely overblown with cars though. Had supercharged cars. They are hard to launch on the street and are completely overkill IMO. I enjoy so much the manageable NA performance of the SS and it's still a freakin' rocket.

I think many realize this and that's why there are countless ZL1s that show up for sale on this site with hardly any miles on them. People dump them faster than Enron stock.
I think that assessment is a bit overblown lol... most people that give up their ZL1's end up saying they don't use it everyday. Many are in areas where they paid for a car and only get to drive it 2/3 of the year because of rain and snow.. others can't afford the payments but don't want to say it.. but we don't see any people saying it was "too fast", in fact, most of us on here with ZL1's don't keep them stock, and mod them for more power

also, the argument doesn't hold up when you have every other SS owner throwing a supercharger or procharger on their car for more power... because 450 hp in a 2 ton car is kind of ehh

furthermore, having an aftermarket supercharged car isn't the same as one designed for it. So many SS owners with super or procharged LT1's make great power, no doubt, but it's still forcing a car to do something it wasn't exactly designed to do, and will never drive the same as a ZL1 without upgraded everything (fuel pump, intercoolers, suspension, etc).. not to mention the older models with the shitty A8's in them.

Lastly, the OP is asking about a ZL1 vs Z06, both of which are supercharged anyway, so speed and power isn't what he's concerned about

I guess I'm just curious as to the intention of your post... to jump on a forum of ZL1 owners just to imply that somehow we should all hate our cars and trade them in for slower less refined versions of themselves?
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 05:04 PM   #52
Artos

Drives: A10 LT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfeelgood View Post

Lastly, the OP is asking about a ZL1 vs Z06, both if which are supercharged anyway, so speed and power isn;t what he's concerned about

I guess I'm just curious as to the intention of your post... to jump on a forum of ZL1 owners just to imply that somehow we should all hate our cars and trade them in for slower less refined versions of themselves?
Because he's a troll...numerous posts about the ss being all anyone needs & our ZL1's are worthless due to 650HP & not having AWD. Never one positive thing to say about it's performance at the track & what we get for the money compared to cars making similar lap times into the 6 figures. He's actually nauseating with the repeated drivel.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 05:59 PM   #53
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
I say keep the ZL1 unless you just have to have a Z06! It’s true the C7s have very good pricing now because of the new C8 coming out but I really think you will take a big hit of depreciation with your ZL1. Like others have said it seems there aren’t many ZL1s out on the road, either 5th gen or 6 gen, which makes them special to me. The Z06 is a special Corvette and I like them too but couldn’t afford to own one and it wouldn’t be practical for me either. Good luck and either car is a good choice!
Old 06-27-2019, 06:04 PM   #54
Revalot

Drives: ZL1/1LE parts added
Location: Somewhere around Texas pines tress and smooth asphalt
Good luck and either car is a good choice![/QUOTE]
What ever makes you happy ! I think a ZL1 is the best performance car GM has ever built to date.
Revalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 06:08 PM   #55
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
Because he's a troll...numerous posts about the ss being all anyone needs & our ZL1's are worthless due to 650HP & not having AWD. Never one positive thing to say about it's performance at the track & what we get for the money compared to cars making similar lap times into the 6 figures. He's actually nauseating with the repeated drivel.
ahh, ok, so I wasn't too far off the mark. The conversation about SS vs Zl1 has been dragged to hell and back. Bang for buck, the Zl1 is still the best performance vehicle in mass production. And you know how much a Zl1 costs? about the same amount as an SS with all bells and whistles, after adding on an aftermarket supercharger or procharger, (which most SS owenrs do) and upgrading everything needed to keep it from heat soakin after two pulls...
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 07:07 PM   #56
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Just to add a couple pennies to the ZL1 vs SS thing that was brought up...the SS was not enough to make me buy a 6th Gen Camaro. As soon as the 17 ZL1 hit, I had to have one. So take that for what it's worth. I doubt anyone who has driven a SS and then a ZL1 felt that the ZL1 was too much. It is very well balanced and applies to power to the ground really well. Plus the tires that are thrown on it from the factory were matched to this car very well. And the tuning from the factory keeps this car pointed in the right direction. If you go plowing into a crowd, then it's because you either wanted to or you're an idiot. Compared to other cars that straight up lose control...like Hellcats and GT500s. So I for one do not think 650 HP in this particular package is overkill.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote