Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 12-06-2018, 07:59 PM   #1
6sigma

Drives: rally green LT1 manual
Camaro backseat vs 911

Anyone know if the backseats in the current 911 are a lot more useful than the backseats in the Camaro? It seems like the 911 is considered a more practical sports car, with backseats that are useful for kids or adults in a pinch. It doesn't look like they are any bigger than in a Camaro, so just curious if anyone has any experience to compare.
6sigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 09:11 PM   #2
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6sigma View Post
Anyone know if the backseats in the current 911 are a lot more useful than the backseats in the Camaro? It seems like the 911 is considered a more practical sports car, with backseats that are useful for kids or adults in a pinch. It doesn't look like they are any bigger than in a Camaro, so just curious if anyone has any experience to compare.
I know if there's a difference its going to be minescule at best and for the price of a BASE 911, you can buy TWO fully loaded 1LE 2SS's...
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 09:48 PM   #3
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
If you need back seat for adults for more than 5 minutes.... Panamera is Porsche to consider. or.. hop over to Dodge and get 4-door hemi whatever its face.. its fast, fun.. perhaps not fastest around race track.

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 12:37 AM   #4
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
There is no way you are getting adults back there. Total fantasy.

The old Gen 5 could kind of do it, the Gen 6 is worse, Porsche is about the same or worse as Gen 6. That's your secondary cargo hold, nothing more.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 04:28 AM   #5
Silverado57

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
... That's your secondary cargo hold, nothing more.
We plan on using the back seat of the SS for luggage while traveling. In convertible mode there 's only enough trunk space for a small carry-on and child-sized cooler. And we're ok with that.
Old 12-07-2018, 04:36 AM   #6
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Camaro > Porsche but only just. Leg room is about the same (nearly nil), headroom lacks in both, and rear seat position is better in the Camaro (Porsche backrests are nearly vertical).

But understand neither car is worth a crap in the back other than being mid-car trunk space disguised as seats. If you want practical for 911 money, buy a Camaro and an SUV.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 09:14 AM   #7
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
I hear this all the time and for the most part I drive my Camaro alone so the back seats are just quick access storage but whenever I have friends and/or girls in the car the back seats aren't that terrible. I've done 20 minute trips and 2 hour trips with passengers and didnt hear much complaining. Most of the people that ride my car are 5'9" or less so size is definately a factor. Taller people ride up front lol. In my GTO a 6'2" guy could ride back there comfortably, now that was a good coupe back seat!

Depending on the size of the rear passengers and how far back the front seats are set makes a bit difference. I can see how they are unusable to many but can be useful to some as well. It definately isn't 4 door car practical but with some adjusting and smaller sized people its fine. I certainly wouldn't stick older people back there as getting in and out is a pain.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 09:26 AM   #8
ChickenPoop
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Plum Crazy Scat Pack Charger
If you are buying a Camaro with the intentions of hauling something other than a child sized human in the back seat, buy something else. Rear seat area makes a great storage area especially in the convertible.
ChickenPoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 10:07 AM   #9
6sigma

Drives: rally green LT1 manual
I just find it interesting that a 911 is considered a relatively practical sports car while a Camaro is ridiculed for its tiny, useless backseat. Just a perception that has more to do with the brand history than the actual utility or functionality of either car I believe.

I read a stat that said 911 has the highest percentage of it as-their-only car owners in its class. I just don't see it as any more practical than most other 2-door, 4-seat coupes. I think the brand image of a C4 911 with a roof ski rack and kids in the backseats has a lot to do with it.
6sigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 10:14 AM   #10
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena
The New 992 911 is Bigger than the current one though
JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 11:53 AM   #11
Hops

Drives: 2019 1ss 1le, blue wrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
Depending on the size of the rear passengers and how far back the front seats are set makes a bit difference.

i'll read in car reviews how small back seats are in whatever car it is, and then find in person it would work, my 1 series has worked great for my kids. I don't have a camaro yet, wished it had a 1 series sized back seat... but i'm glad there's one there, it's the difference between considering the car or not.
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 01:11 PM   #12
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
Much like ATS.. its like 4-door camaro without V8 option in term of back seat room, wheelbase within 1/2" f each other. Uglier interior on caddy though.. that shiny center stack is eye sore.

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 07:33 PM   #13
4door65guy

Drives: 2016 2SS MAG/NPP
911 backseats are not for adults either, trust me I tried.
4door65guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 07:34 PM   #14
SSJ455

Drives: "Kara Zor-El" 2017 2SS HBM
They are for display purposes only.
Dangerzoooooone.

SSJ455 is offline   Reply With Quote