Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-05-2018, 07:08 AM   #1
rburke76

Drives: garnet red
muscle car sales 2018 camaro,mustang, challenger

January 1 - November 30, 2018

camaro - 47,208

mustang - 71,450

challenger - 62,560
rburke76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 07:34 AM   #2
twiget

Drives: '18 SS 1LE
Not encouraging numbers for the Camaro.
twiget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 07:45 AM   #3
WCKD 1LE

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
The Challenger is the new Civic if this era.
WCKD 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 08:38 AM   #4
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiget View Post
Not encouraging numbers for the Camaro.
It's well known and pointed out in every single thread like this but literally nobody here reads it or retains it, but the difference is because the camaro does very little fleet sales and mustang and challenger do a huge amount. There are multiple news stories and articles on the subject.

And nobody will read that either. So now lets have another 5 page thread with people crying the Camaro is going to die and it's not selling and blah blah..

Last edited by Nsxmatt; 12-05-2018 at 09:30 AM.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 09:01 AM   #5
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxmatt View Post
It's well known and pointed out in every single thread like this but literally nobody here reads it or retains it, but the difference is because the camaro does very little fleet sales and mustang and challenger do a huge amount. There are multiple news stories and articles on the subject.

And nobody will ready that either. So now lets have another 5 page thread with people crying the Camaro is going to die and it's not selling and blah blah..
Old 12-05-2018, 09:06 AM   #6
JT58

Drives: Former 2016 Camaro 1LT
This agrees with what a few people I know bought this year- 2 bought a 2018 Mustang and another a 2018 Challenger.
Old 12-05-2018, 11:58 AM   #7
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT58 View Post
This agrees with what a few people I know bought this year- 2 bought a 2018 Mustang and another a 2018 Challenger.
And 2 2018 Mustangs will be in service getting new engines and eventually Ford will have to buy them back.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 12:03 PM   #8
mondelo

Drives: 2017 2SS
Quote:

And nobody will read that either. So now lets have another 5 page thread with people crying the Camaro is going to die and it's not selling and blah blah..
Agreed. When i rent cars on trips there's always a challenger, sometimes a mustang and hardly ever a camaro

I rent from National & Hertz
mondelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 12:10 PM   #9
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:

Yep.

If the Camaro had the same percentage of fleet sales, the numbers would be much closer, although I suspect the Camaro would still be in third.

What is not known, is what is the average profit of each sale. (well...someone here might know that average) Based on what I've read here over the years, is that GM was working to increase their profit per unit. With this in mind, things could be MUCH closer in terms of profit.

I find it hard to see how with the Mustang and Challenger having higher fleet sales, that they could also have equal or better profit per unit averages than Camaro.
Old 12-05-2018, 02:49 PM   #10
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Yep.

If the Camaro had the same percentage of fleet sales, the numbers would be much closer, although I suspect the Camaro would still be in third.

What is not known, is what is the average profit of each sale. (well...someone here might know that average) Based on what I've read here over the years, is that GM was working to increase their profit per unit. With this in mind, things could be MUCH closer in terms of profit.

I find it hard to see how with the Mustang and Challenger having higher fleet sales, that they could also have equal or better profit per unit averages than Camaro.
While true you can tell they are not selling as many as they thought. It's not the most scientific way but you can jump on cars.com and still see quite a bit unsold of previous model years. That tells me they expected it to sell better, because you don't pump out that kind of volume if you expected to sit on them.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 03:15 PM   #11
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:

Maybe the should go back to fleet sales. A sell is a sell. Stopping fleet sales was dumb. What better way to test drive a Camaro than to be able to drive one for a few days. Who made that dumb decision?
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 03:20 PM   #12
twiget

Drives: '18 SS 1LE
Quote:

I think you're reading too much into my six word post...
twiget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 03:27 PM   #13

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
With the recent news about all the GM plant closings and discontinued models, isn't it amazing that the Camaro was not included?

I would think after all the years of repetitious debate about the sales numbers and future of the Camaro, that the answer is pretty obvious. The Camaro is selling adequately and is profitable. Production has not been cancelled and will continue.

Apparently the so-called sales numbers compared to Mustang and Challenger are irrelevant. Camaro appears to be doing fine on it's own, and Camaro's future is not in peril.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 04:13 PM   #14
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
With the recent news about all the GM plant closings and discontinued models, isn't it amazing that the Camaro was not included?

I would think after all the years of repetitious debate about the sales numbers and future of the Camaro, that the answer is pretty obvious. The Camaro is selling adequately and is profitable. Production has not been cancelled and will continue.

Apparently the so-called sales numbers compared to Mustang and Challenger are irrelevant. Camaro appears to be doing fine on it's own, and Camaro's future is not in peril.
Hopefully someone smarter than me can chime in, but I think Camaro is going to survive because of Cadillac. The CT5 and future gen Camaro will share Alpha II. They need both cars to chew up some volume, I don't think either can survive on its own
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote