#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

Phastek Performance

Old 11-23-2018, 08:34 AM   #71
Drsagacity

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Nightfall Gray vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driski View Post
Guys, I can only dream of getting close to that much HP, and I love reading your posts... but are you concerned about the frame twisting? I know the verts have increased bracing added but still...
I have not been concerned. However, I don’t run the car very hard. The vast majority of the time, I am cruising to the golf course or somewhere around town for something with the kids. If I were tracking the car routinely, maybe I would look into structural integrity more seriously.

2018 Corvette Z06 vert- Black
To be tuned by JRE Racing
TBD performance
Drsagacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 10:35 AM   #72
Ricco

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Vert A10
Quote:
Guys, I can only dream of getting close to that much HP, and I love reading your posts... but are you concerned about the frame twisting? I know the verts have increased bracing added but still...
Nah, not at all.. This is a very well designed, modern uni-body chassis, designed using a lot of very complicated mathematical equations; The likelyhood of it twisting is very low.

For illustrative purposes, jack up one corner of the car and see what happens to the other wheel on the same side; It'll lift too.
2005 STI
2001 2.5 RS

Previous cars in chronological order
2016 GT350, 2014 MEV Rocket, 2013 Nissan Qashqai + 2, 1.6L Diesel, 2010 Nissan Note 1.5L Diesel, 2012 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins, 2009 Subaru Impreza STI, 2005 Dodge Ram 1500, 2004 Mini Cooper S, 1997 Subaru Impreza Catalunya special Edition, 1992 Daihatsu Charade GTti, 1978 Mk1 Ford Fiesta
Ricco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 11:11 AM   #73
ChadFarr
Instagram: @SSAVAGEVERT

Drives: 2016 SS M6 Vert
I just ordered my ECS Novi 1500 in Black, LT4 Injectors, High Pressure Fuel Pump and DSX Tuning Auxiliary Fuel Pump. Anything you guess recommend besides Meth, Rods And Pistons... anything else y’all recommend?
2.9L Whipple | Compstar Rods, Diamond Pistons & GPI Cam | Mantic Triple Disc | Corsa Performance Exhaust | DSX Aux Pump | LT4 Fuel System | BMR Lowering Springs | ZL1 OEM Conversion | 360 Customs Built | And More!

Click & Follow My Build
ChadFarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 03:30 PM   #74
Drsagacity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadFarr View Post
I just ordered my ECS Novi 1500 in Black, LT4 Injectors, High Pressure Fuel Pump and DSX Tuning Auxiliary Fuel Pump. Anything you guess recommend besides Meth, Rods And Pistons... anything else y’all recommend?
How much boost are you going to run?

TBD performance
Old 12-14-2018, 04:34 PM   #75
ChadFarr

Probably around 6-8psi
2.9L Whipple | Compstar Rods, Diamond Pistons & GPI Cam | Mantic Triple Disc | Corsa Performance Exhaust | DSX Aux Pump | LT4 Fuel System | BMR Lowering Springs | ZL1 OEM Conversion | 360 Customs Built | And More!

Click & Follow My Build
Old 12-14-2018, 05:02 PM   #76
parish8

Drives: 17 SS a8
Who cares about verts. , what’s the highest number for a 6th gen?
Old 12-15-2018, 07:12 AM   #77
Driski

Drives: 2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drsagacity View Post
I have not been concerned. However, I don’t run the car very hard. The vast majority of the time, I am cruising to the golf course or somewhere around town for something with the kids. If I were tracking the car routinely, maybe I would look into structural integrity more seriously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco View Post
Nah, not at all.. This is a very well designed, modern uni-body chassis, designed using a lot of very complicated mathematical equations; The likelyhood of it twisting is very low.

For illustrative purposes, jack up one corner of the car and see what happens to the other wheel on the same side; It'll lift too.
Gents, Thanks for the responses. One of these days... I am sick of worrying about my warranty, I now need to get some $$ aside and bite the bullet. Not sure if i would go with Ported IM,Heads, Cam, Headers etc. or just go with supercharger. Thinking I could afford to get to 500 WHP.
Old 12-15-2018, 07:16 AM   #78
ChadFarr

Quote:
Gents, Thanks for the responses. One of these days... I am sick of worrying about my warranty, I now need to get some $$ aside and bite the bullet. Not sure if i would go with Ported IM,Heads, Cam, Headers etc. or just go with supercharger. Thinking I could afford to get to 500 WHP.

I personally went with Headers, E85, Cam because even though a blower makes good power, there is nothing like a fast N/A car with a chop. It sounds good and these LT1s are work horses!

Click & Follow My Build
Old 12-15-2018, 10:39 AM   #79
Drsagacity

Quote:
I remember when I was in the same situation on my old car. I chose the blower based on the recommendation of a good friend and mechanic. He said, "NEVER get in the motor if you don't have to because once you do, there is no going back."

He believed that bolting on a blower provided the easy ability to return to stock easily because it's a bolt on...you aren't getting into the motor.

Additionally, the blower allows you to retain stock drivability unlike any of the other paths. Meaning that if you install a blower driving around town the drivability is unchanged from stock unless you smash the throttle.

Personally, I love the cam and I love the chop...but, make no mistake the car gets significantly louder with a cam and headers...both when you want it to be and at the times you don't want it to be.

If you add a Maggie or pretty much any of the other blowers, you end up in a similar situation 550-600whp with no other modifications needed. In my opinion, it's the safest, most powerful and most reversible option and it provides the biggest difference in terms of power.

Not trying to persuade you one way or the other, just want to give you something to think about. If you are like me, you end up with both anyway...but if you think you might sell the car in the future, it's really nice knowing that you can take the blower off and sell as stock (best resell value)...then sell the blower on it's own...

TBD performance
Old 12-16-2018, 07:42 AM   #80
Driski

Drives: 2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS
Quote:
I personally went with Headers, E85, Cam because even though a blower makes good power, there is nothing like a fast N/A car with a chop. It sounds good and these LT1s are work horses!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drsagacity View Post
I remember when I was in the same situation on my old car. I chose the blower based on the recommendation of a good friend and mechanic. He said, "NEVER get in the motor if you don't have to because once you do, there is no going back."

He believed that bolting on a blower provided the easy ability to return to stock easily because it's a bolt on...you aren't getting into the motor.

Additionally, the blower allows you to retain stock drivability unlike any of the other paths. Meaning that if you install a blower driving around town the drivability is unchanged from stock unless you smash the throttle.

Personally, I love the cam and I love the chop...but, make no mistake the car gets significantly louder with a cam and headers...both when you want it to be and at the times you don't want it to be.

If you add a Maggie or pretty much any of the other blowers, you end up in a similar situation 550-600whp with no other modifications needed. In my opinion, it's the safest, most powerful and most reversible option and it provides the biggest difference in terms of power.

Not trying to persuade you one way or the other, just want to give you something to think about. If you are like me, you end up with both anyway...but if you think you might sell the car in the future, it's really nice knowing that you can take the blower off and sell as stock (best resell value)...then sell the blower on it's own...
Much to consider. Thanks for the input. It is exciting to be thinking about the possibilities. Thank You!
Old 12-17-2018, 11:07 AM   #81
Drsagacity

Quote:
Probably around 6-8psi
Then there is no reason for alky or forged at that level of boost.

Are you in a place you have easy access to e85?

TBD performance
Old 12-17-2018, 12:01 PM   #82
ChadFarr

Yep. 75-80% E85 content level. I’m already 540 RWHP. At 6-8lbs I think I’ll be 650ish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Click & Follow My Build
Old 01-11-2019, 09:29 PM   #83
Drsagacity

Quote:
Originally Posted by parish8 View Post
Who cares about verts. , what’s the highest number for a 6th gen?
In the verts section, we care about verts. Far less common to have the crazy HP vert than a coupe. . .especially since verts can only run about 13sec without requiring a roll cage.

We have a bit of a race to get the 9 second slip right now. Unfortunately, I won't get my run until the weather warms up. . .so Stefano or Ricco might beat me to it.

TBD performance
Old 01-16-2019, 05:48 PM   #84
FdeleonZ28
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 camaro ss convertible
whats the fastest overall vert ET?
FdeleonZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote