Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 12-15-2018, 09:24 AM   #43
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Regardless who is at fault its just a tragedy for those two little girls. May god be with them and pray for any type of recovery. I would loose my F'n mind. Looked to me like the Camaro and Mustang were going pretty dam fast but left to be decided by the police and judge. I really feel for those parents of those girls especially this time of the year. Racing or not, need to keep things on a track or strip for sure!
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 09:47 AM   #44
SDG23

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS M6
I agree that it's sad, but two things. One the cars didn't seem to be going very fast and two, the red car clearly pulled out in front of the Camaro. I don't condone street racing at all because there are too many dangers and it's just not worth it, but this wouldn't have happened if the lady had any kind of situational awareness at all, terrible driving on her part.
Old 12-15-2018, 10:41 AM   #45
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_QC View Post
I don't. Never on the streets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
Oh I think everyone speeds. No one is really against that. We are against street racing.
So you're basically saying you never reach a speed above 50 km/h in a town or 100 km/h on a divided highway. Ever. In a Camaro.

The accident is 100% the female driver's fault, she turned straight into oncoming traffic and failed to take evasive action (speeding up out of the way). I'm not being judgmental, I made a similar mistake once and was spared, but facts are facts.

At the same time, the Camaro and the Mustang were going visibly faster than the rest of the traffic and the girls would have very likely not been hurt so bad after a lower speed impact. I am terribly sorry for those innocent little girls.

The judge will assign the blame, hopefully in a fair and impartial way, disregarding any external blameshifting pressure.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18

Last edited by arpad_m; 12-15-2018 at 11:14 AM. Reason: typo
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 10:57 AM   #46
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulkamaniac View Post
Street racers are dumdasses.

Plain and simple.

Just like people who drink and drive.

Both know it's illegal, both know the risks, both know they could possibly kill people with their actions.

Lock them all up, throw away the key.
Going over the speed limit is illegal too. Im sure you have never done that in you're 2SS Camaro. A lot of self righteous people in this thread with high powered cars. Im sure you all only save it for the track. 100% Bull Shit.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 12:46 PM   #47
CamaroBody

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS
pretty sure the person driving the red car either wanted to die or was texting

Mods:
XPEL - Hood, Bumper, Headlights, & Side Mirrors
JWM - Side Markers
ZL1 Addons - Deluxe Rock Guards & Red Lift Pads
GM - Dark Tail Lamps
MRR - Gloss Black M017s
CamaroBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 01:31 PM   #48
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulkamaniac View Post
Street racers are dumdasses.

Plain and simple.

Just like people who drink and drive.

Both know it's illegal, both know the risks, both know they could possibly kill people with their actions.

Lock them all up, throw away the key.
I'm way more concerned about bad drivers and impaired drivers then I am about street racing. Its illegal sure but accidents involving bad and impaired drivers is way more common the racing accidents. Lets not compare the two ....they are not even close.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 04:17 PM   #49
Michael2000

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWR View Post
Not condoning the street racing but by the looks of the video the lady who was injured was 100% at fault. If he would have stayed and both the camaro and mustang drives kept their mouths shut she would be the one paying... That video isn't enough evidence to prove street racing was happening either (though it probably was because why else would he have ran).
Wrong! People should not be expected to be on the lookout for cars coming at them at 100 mph, when the speed limit is 35 mph.

Anyone driving down a business or residential street like that should be put in jail. Right of way problem solved.
Michael2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 04:22 PM   #50
Michael2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
[COLOR=DimGray][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]The accident is 100% the female driver's fault, she turned straight into oncoming traffic and failed to take evasive action (speeding up out of the way). I'm not being judgmental, I made a similar mistake once and was spared, but facts are facts.
So how about if someone is driving 100 mph, 150 mph, 200 mph?

At what speed do we finally say the oncoming drivers will be unable to determine the time it will take for the cars coming the other way to reach them? How about at night?

Take that crap to the track.
Old 12-15-2018, 04:23 PM   #51
Michael2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Going over the speed limit is illegal too. Im sure you have never done that in you're 2SS Camaro. A lot of self righteous people in this thread with high powered cars. Im sure you all only save it for the track. 100% Bull Shit.
No, we are just not stupid enough to do it in a business or residential district. And I don't race cars on the street, period. I go at a pace which I feel is safe, and avoid being around any other drivers or pedestrians when I push it.

Racing and just plain stupid driving in performance cars just raises the insurance rates for everyone else.
Old 12-15-2018, 04:29 PM   #52
Tenacity-99

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS (Red Hot)
Seems to me all three drivers were at fault:

- The Camaro driver for racing

- The Mustang driver for racing

- And Jazmin Torres for randomly turning out in the middle of oncoming traffic, in which the video shows she clearly didn't have enough time nor room to make that turn

The lessons here are clear. Do not race, no matter how tempting it is and I get challenged nearly everytime I'm on the road by a Mustang or some other car to "race them".

In addition, you have to pay attention to other drivers on the road when you're on the road. Jazmin clearly should not have made that turn, even if the Camaro and Mustang were not racing, she still didn't have enough time to complete that turn.
Tenacity-99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 04:38 PM   #53
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacity-99 View Post

- And Jazmin Torres for randomly turning out in the middle of oncoming traffic, in which the video shows she clearly didn't have enough time nor room to make that turn

The lessons here are clear. Do not race, no matter how tempting it is and I get challenged nearly everytime I'm on the road by a Mustang or some other car to "race them".

In addition, you have to pay attention to other drivers on the road when you're on the road. Jazmin clearly should not have made that turn, even if the Camaro and Mustang were not racing, she still didn't have enough time to complete that turn.
I agree.

It's hard to tell how fast the Camaro and Mustang were going, but the impact looks like it was over 35 mph.

The car that was hit from the side looked to be mostly at fault though, imo. She wasn't even close to making it, and probably would have been hit even if the other cars were going the speed limit. Speeding did make the accident worse than it needed to be though.

IMO, speeding significantly over the speed limit on urban streets is reckless.
DaveC113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 04:43 PM   #54
Michael2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacity-99 View Post

Does everyone here think they can just drive as fast as they want, and everyone else is supposed to look out for them? And they are suppose to judge speed and distance at night when they are coming at them at 100 mph?

When the oncoming cars at night are supposed to be going 36 ft/sec, and they are really going 146 ft/sec, you think you could judge that? Laughable.

If so, expect the insurance companies to shut down the performance car market. Everyone will be riding around in their autonomous cars unless they start wising up..
Old 12-15-2018, 04:50 PM   #55
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael2000 View Post
Does everyone here think they can just drive as fast as they want, and everyone else is supposed to look out for them? And they are suppose to judge speed and distance at night when they are coming at them at 100 mph?

When the oncoming cars at night are supposed to be going 36 ft/sec, and they are really going 146 ft/sec, you think you could judge that? Laughable.

If so, expect the insurance companies to shut down the performance car market. Everyone will be riding around in their autonomous cars unless they start wising up..
You're assuming their speed. It's hard to tell, but judging from the impact it was below highway speeds but more than 35 mph. They definitely were not going 100 mph. I'd bet 50ish...

But you're right that at a certain point speeding becomes a more serious offense and is considered reckless.
DaveC113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 05:01 PM   #56
Michael2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC113 View Post
You're assuming their speed. It's hard to tell, but judging from the impact it was below highway speeds but more than 35 mph. They definitely were not going 100 mph. I'd bet 50ish...

But you're right that at a certain point speeding becomes a more serious offense and is considered reckless.
I'd say way more than "50ish". In reviewing the footage, in two seconds after the collision, both vehicles are completely out of view.