Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-13-2018, 03:33 PM   #15
zlathim

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
It seems kinda high to me too, but i paid more than I should have to get the color and options i wanted in the used market. Good luck. i hope it works out for you.
BMR cradle & diff bushings, trailing arms, toe rods & upper control arm bushings
Hotchkis sub-frame brace
Stop Tech Z-23 brakes
4.10 gears, Eaton Truetrac, LPW diff cover
Best 1/4 mile 12.073 @ 115.68 mph 3,300 ft DA
zlathim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 05:05 PM   #16
redirish

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS/M6
Its on the high end of kbb im sure he knows that as well. You could also just say the kbb value is between 22,500 and 26000 and offer him something in the middle.
redirish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 05:20 PM   #17
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
You haven't told us whether this is a private sale or a CPO at a dealer.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 05:50 PM   #18
rshelar

Drives: 2017 1SS auto vert Nightfall Gray
I say ditto. But if this is THE car that you want then I wouldn’t quibble too much. Long term, it’s not worth it. A fully optioned black 2013 SS is a sweet ride. And obviously this was not a DD. If it’s all stock with only 4K miles, you don’t have to worry about any problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rshelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 04:05 PM   #19
chipper44

Drives: 2013 2SSRS
Thanks to all who replied. Its a private seller. I feel its too high. I find one of yalls responses intersting. One said preventative maintenance should be done due to low mileage. May I ask what should be done ? Supposed to go see/buy on Sunday, but am still hesitant. He keeps referring to TMV/Edmunds value that has it higher than all the other pricing guides. I really do appreciate all of your responses, its been a big help.
chipper44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 05:21 PM   #20
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipper44 View Post
Thanks to all who replied. Its a private seller. I feel its too high. I find one of yalls responses intersting. One said preventative maintenance should be done due to low mileage. May I ask what should be done ? Supposed to go see/buy on Sunday, but am still hesitant. He keeps referring to TMV/Edmunds value that has it higher than all the other pricing guides. I really do appreciate all of your responses, its been a big help.

If it's an automagic the disc plates rely on fluid. If it hasn't been driven in some time you should spark it up and after the engine comes down from high idle shift into neutral to get the juices flowing. with a sharp ear you will hear the engine go under a bit of load. wait for that to stabalize, then drive easy for a few miles.
The oil should be changed at no longer than 12 months, regardless of miles.
The rotors may have some rust and make noise when you put it gear. Don't worry, that will come off quickly with a stab or two at the middle pedal. Make sure your seat belt is snugged before attempting that. This sucker will plant your face in the windshield. Ease up before you come to a complete stop.

Theoretically the coolant has a 5 year life span. And, from what I have read on here, it requires vacuum pump to purge. If it looks good, and smells good, I wouldn't worry about it. Make sure the overflow bottle is about at the half-way mark. An overfill will result in some smell of spillage but is better then being low.

Contact your insurance.
The price is a bit high, but then, you didn't expect the seller to start low and work his way up, did you?
Tires are dated on the inside. 5 years is their lifespan. And with the technology improving tires every day it would be in your best interest to price some new ones.
A loaded 2013 was probably ~$40K sticker. Does the seller have the window sticker?

If you want all the bells and whistles, in my mind, you are getting a good deal.

Personally, I bought a 1SS/RS, brand new, no other options, because it was what I could afford at the time. And I don't regret one minute of my decision.
Old 12-14-2018, 06:06 PM   #21
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
I agree with a lot of what CamaroFred said. Just don't beat on it too hard on the test drive and let the car warm up. If you do buy it you might want to treat it like a new engine and go a little more easy for the first 500 miles. I always change the oil in cars I purchase when I buy them. I don't buy new so this rule doesn't apply to a new car, but on a used one it is cheap insurance. While it's in for an oil change the shop or quick lube place of your choice should test the other fluids to ensure that none have gone bad.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 06:14 PM   #22
rshelar

Drives: 2017 1SS auto vert Nightfall Gray
I like Edmunds for reviews and info but banks and insurance companies do not use it for pricing. We all know that they use KBB or sometimes NADA. The source of the pricing really doesn’t matter. You either take it or make him an offer. The owner is under no obligation to sell. Don’t waste your time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rshelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 09:38 PM   #23
67 to 91 to 13

Drives: 2013 Inferno Orange Camaro 2SS/RS
I bought my 2013 with 4,100 miles earlier this year. It was fine. Needed nothing. If it’s sat some so what. It’s not like it’s sat for 20 years. Change the oil if it hasn’t been done recently, otherwise don’t worry
Old 12-14-2018, 09:42 PM   #24
67 to 91 to 13

Drives: 2013 Inferno Orange Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
I would definitely try to get the price down some, but a lower mileage car will carry a bit of a premium. If you want to spend 20k look for a car with 30,000-40,000 miles
Old 12-17-2018, 06:21 AM   #25
chipper44

Drives: 2013 2SSRS
Thanks again for the info this site has to offer. I bought a 2013 2SS/RS with 840 miles. You read that right, 840. Every available option including colored GFX. Couldnt be happier.
Attached Images

chipper44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 07:10 AM   #26
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Thanks again for the info this site has to offer. I bought a 2013 2SS/RS with 840 miles. You read that right, 840. Every available option including colored GFX. Couldnt be happier.
Wow!! That is a nice looking car!!! Also, that's one hell of a find! You don't typically see these cars with that low of miles, painted ground effects, blade spoiler, and a painted heritage grill. Whoever bought that originally wanted 1969 again, but just didn't want to drive it. Lucky you!!
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 11:37 AM   #27
witenite

Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
Quote:
Congrats! Nice find!
Old 12-17-2018, 11:44 AM   #28
batman53201
Account not blocked

Drives: The Batmobile
price?