Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-03-2018, 08:27 PM   #43
Quinten_33

Drives: Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevmaro View Post
This is the same magazine that noted in their "Lightning Lap" issue that the PP2 Mustang GT had its differential overheat after about 2 laps but would not refer to this in the actual PP2 road test. Not "track ready". Mustang does not offer this not does it offer competition for the ZL1 or ZL1 1LE or any 1LE.
I agree that the Mustang offers no competition for the 1LE cars, besides the GT350 VS the SS 1LE, but Car and Driver’s 10-Best is about more than performance or “Intended function”. The Mustang has a more open cabin with arguably better materials and some better technologies such as the digital instrument cluster. It also sounds amazing and isn’t too much car for the road, which many can appreciate. Note that this award was not given to the Ecoboost Mustang, just like the 2.0T Camaros never were awarded. I think that the driving experience is more important than performance on a list like 10-Best and to the average consumer. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Mustang left off of the list next year in favor of a car like the new Volvo S60 or one of the upcoming Cadillac CT4/CT5 twins.

SPOILER ALERT: The C8 Corvette, 2020 Volkswagen Golf everything, Honda Accord, Honda Civic, Porsche 718, and Mazda Miata will all win again next year.
Quinten_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 08:51 PM   #44
Blackbean

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
I went by the local Ford dealer because a friend works there. He showed me the new Bullitt edition @ $ 51000 sticker, without Recaros . I went home and looked at my 1SS 1LE and thought , the Camaro has it all over that car.
If you absolutely have to have a usable trunk , maybe the Mustang is your car.
Blackbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 09:29 PM   #45
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
Trunk in camaro is useable, opening is a joke or requires level 11 jenga skills to operate.

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 09:42 PM   #46
17rsvert

Drives: 2017 HBM 2LT RS Convertible V6 A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbean View Post
I went by the local Ford dealer because a friend works there...
Good thing you had a valid reason to venture into ememy territory or you would have been banned from the Chevy community. Ha ha!
17rsvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 10:07 PM   #47
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
I see the Camaro6 group think has now turned on C&D and will be dismissing all points raised by them.
And conversely, all the Mustang guys will hail C&D as the authority on all things related to the Mustang...until they pick the Camaro as their winner again.

"Livable", "better as a DD", "easier to live with"...these all just seem like blanket statements people make these days. Between these two cars, the Mustang is NOT significantly better than the Camaro as far as space, visibility, etc. Not enough that it should sway any decision unless that was the final decision. It's all in people's minds. I wrote about this before so I'll just re-cap. As far as visibility, the Camaro has more than you actually need. It's just that the Mustang and other cars have more. So it seems like the Camaro doesn't have enough visibility when it actually does.

The Camaro can't win every contest. I think it does win more than the Mustang. But every now and then Ford does something that sways the vote in their favor. Do I think the Mustang is a better car than the Camaro? No. But I do think that Ford made enough drastic changes to the Camaro's relatively unchanged setup that Ford deserved the win. Does any of this take away from the Camaro? No.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 10:10 PM   #48
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtor_ZL1 View Post
Trunk in camaro is useable, opening is a joke or requires level 11 jenga skills to operate.
The trunk in this car is MASSIVE..... But the opening pretty much limits it to such small items sometimes!!
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 10:19 PM   #49
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsumon View Post
The trunk in this car is MASSIVE..... But the opening pretty much limits it to such small items sometimes!!
Then how would you describe the size of the Mustang trunk? Gigantihugelynormous? It's much bigger than the Camaro.
Old 12-03-2018, 10:48 PM   #50
ChangerOfWays

Drives: 2017 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsumon View Post
Purely anecdotal, but when I ordered the C7 Carbon ZL1 style side skirts, I was worried I wouldn't be able to transport them from the FedEx warehouse when I picked them up. Anyone who has ordered these know how large the box is - I managed to just barely get them in, rear seats folded down and the front of the box over my center armrest, but still managed it...

Everyone is different, and I'm sure there are plenty of people that haven't been able to transport certain items that they would like to due to the small trunk opening, but in my day-to-day I have yet to encounter anything personally, that I haven't been able to fit.
ChangerOfWays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 11:52 PM   #51
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChangerOfWays View Post
Purely anecdotal, but when I ordered the C7 Carbon ZL1 style side skirts, I was worried I wouldn't be able to transport them from the FedEx warehouse when I picked them up. Anyone who has ordered these know how large the box is - I managed to just barely get them in, rear seats folded down and the front of the box over my center armrest, but still managed it...

Everyone is different, and I'm sure there are plenty of people that haven't been able to transport certain items that they would like to due to the small trunk opening, but in my day-to-day I have yet to encounter anything personally, that I haven't been able to fit.
It's a b*tch fitting a full sized piece of luggage in there, I usually have to go in from the other side (passenger door). If it could do this one thing, that would have been a big improvement, wouldn't have necessitated a wider opening necessarily either.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 01:12 AM   #52
samurai

Drives: C8 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinten_33 View Post
The Mustang has a more open cabin with arguably better materials[...]
No, definitely not. The steering wheel in prerefresh models is horrible with very thin and cheap leather. Every Mustang driver I know swapped the wheel because of the cheap materials.
The seats are very cheap too and already are pretty wavy from the factory and start to crumble within 1 or 2 years of driving the car.

Yeah the Camaro has a bit more hardplastic on the dashboard, but on the important parts (armrest, steering wheel, seats, basically everything you actually have to touch) the quality of the Camaro is far ahead.

On a sidenote, the body alignment of S550 Mustangs is laughable, even with the refresh. I saw of lot Mustangs with horrible gaps under the headlights (you could even put your fingers in, so big were some gaps), rear fenders that don't match the body at the rearpanel, crooked rear windows, misaligned hoods, etc.
Old 12-04-2018, 06:08 AM   #53
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
This won't changes most peoples minds but, I feel the 19' ZL1 is hard to beat for performance, tech, price and overall interior comfort compared to others in the same category.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 06:33 AM   #54
the_swiSS

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
So, GM stopped paying MT?

Black Bowties - GM Fuel Door - Black Camaro Fender Logo - K&N Air Filter - Katech ported TB - GM Dark Tail Lights - GM ZL1 1LE 3rd Brake Light - HRE FF04 - Eibach Springs
the_swiSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 06:52 AM   #55
Silverado57

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post

The Camaro can't win every contest. ...
This.

BTW, starting with the 1967 model year, no one ever bought a Camaro (or a Mustang, or a Challenger, or a 'Cuda) for luggage space. Just sayin'...
Old 12-04-2018, 07:14 AM   #56
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado57 View Post
This.

BTW, starting with the 1967 model year, no one ever bought a Camaro (or a Mustang, or a Challenger, or a 'Cuda) for luggage space. Just sayin'...
But they all had usable space and opening. Just saying.

Maybe the mag was just listening to all the bashing of the 2019 on these forums. .
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote