#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-19-2018, 05:24 PM   #225
DANACO

Drives: 18 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterman View Post
I found a small rock chip in my passenger side door this past weekend. It was inevitable with these sticky shoes.

DANACO, Great ideas on fittment, thanks. I'm interested in your opinions on the alternative fitment option that you have chosen. Can you post a pic or two?

Thanks in advance.
Once I get to them I’ll post but might be a bit as I’m pretty busy right now !
DANACO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 06:27 PM   #226
waterman

Drives: Grandad's C2 L89
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANACO View Post
Once I get to them I’ll post but might be a bit as I’m pretty busy right now !
Thanks.
Old 11-20-2018, 03:00 PM   #227
Mcardenal

Drives: 2018 Nightfall Gray Metalic ZL1 A10
Ok. Just finished ordering my fronts.
Lets keep the momentum going for the rears guys.
Mcardenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 08:43 PM   #228
DANACO

So I’m feeling a bit concerned that we may have been led down the garden path in that we have not been guaranteed that ACS will actually produce the rears regardless of the the front quantities ordered. Is this perhaps so ?
Old 11-21-2018, 08:04 AM   #229
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
So I’m feeling a bit concerned that we may have been led down the garden path in that we have not been guaranteed that ACS will actually produce the rears regardless of the the front quantities ordered. Is this perhaps so ?
I got an email from my Nigerian cousin saying that if you send me $20 then ACS will definitely make the rears.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 08:58 AM   #230
DANACO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
I got an email from my Nigerian cousin saying that if you send me $20 then ACS will definitely make the rears.
Can you forward his address to me 🙂
Old 11-21-2018, 10:26 AM   #231
Mcardenal

Quote:
That would suck and it would definitely leave a bad taste in my mouth for this company.
Old 11-21-2018, 11:48 AM   #232
meSSohappy

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
I really don't think that is the case. They are a reputable company that produces great products with great reviews. Its a leap of faith and as noted he needs 35 commitments to fulfill the rears. There are 55 peeps interested so it shouldn't be a problem.
I had many conversations with Joseph, one of which I explained the silliness of only producing the fronts, as I think the car is ugly with only fronts and no rears.
The produced only the fronts because that is where the rock chips come from on the rockers and rear quarters. Their plan was to produce the rears at a later date, pending the interest and sales of the fronts. With the list we have provided, all we are doing is speeding up the process and get both sets sooner.
I may sound like a advocate for ACS, but I assure, I will be pissed if they renege on the deal as I will not even install my fronts until I receive the rears.
DAVENPORT STAGE 2 PLUS - 2" ARH ceramic coated headers - 3" ARH catless exhaust - Stock NPP mufflers - Kong ported SC - Katech 103 ported TB - Rotofab 5" Big gulp CAI - 22.5% lower pulley - ATI Harmonic balancer - Cordes SC expansion tank - MSD hi temp ignition wires - Koolsox spark plug insulators - custom tunes - 660hp/725tq pump - 713hp/763tq race

meSSohappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 12:18 PM   #233
DANACO

Quote:
Originally Posted by meSSohappy View Post
I really don't think that is the case. They are a reputable company that produces great products with great reviews. Its a leap of faith and as noted he needs 35 commitments to fulfill the rears. There are 55 peeps interested so it shouldn't be a problem.
I had many conversations with Joseph, one of which I explained the silliness of only producing the fronts, as I think the car is ugly with only fronts and no rears.
The produced only the fronts because that is where the rock chips come from on the rockers and rear quarters. Their plan was to produce the rears at a later date, pending the interest and sales of the fronts. With the list we have provided, all we are doing is speeding up the process and get both sets sooner.
I may sound like a advocate for ACS, but I assure, I will be pissed if they renege on the deal as I will not even install my fronts until I receive the rears.
Thanks for the reassurance!
Old 11-21-2018, 01:27 PM   #234
meSSohappy

List updated.

Come on peeps....you got what you wanted....lets get these orders in and make this happen !!
Attached Images
File Type: pdf ACS rock chip guard tracking.pdf (77.1 KB, 55 views)
DAVENPORT STAGE 2 PLUS - 2" ARH ceramic coated headers - 3" ARH catless exhaust - Stock NPP mufflers - Kong ported SC - Katech 103 ported TB - Rotofab 5" Big gulp CAI - 22.5% lower pulley - ATI Harmonic balancer - Cordes SC expansion tank - MSD hi temp ignition wires - Koolsox spark plug insulators - custom tunes - 660hp/725tq pump - 713hp/763tq race

Old 11-21-2018, 01:55 PM   #235
Hot454

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
I got mine last week.
Hot454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 04:24 PM   #236
Mcardenal

I received shipping notice. Just waiting for the guards to arrive now. We need to keep this thread active so the folks that signed up for the guards on the list remember to follow through.
Old 11-21-2018, 04:30 PM   #237
gmanxpress

Drives: 2017 HBM ZL1 A10
Got mine last week...look great installed...like the extra protection!
gmanxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 05:25 PM   #238
meSSohappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
I see you on the list for wanting these...did you place an order?