Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-31-2018, 08:58 PM   #127
ModernCamaroZ28Fan
LT1_Radenso

Drives: a 2 spd water bottle
I am not sure how I feel about this facelift either, the Shock color makes it look like a plastic RC car, anyone feeling similar, or different?
ModernCamaroZ28Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 08:59 PM   #128
ModernCamaroZ28Fan
LT1_Radenso

Drives: a 2 spd water bottle

Just gonna throw this here, just in case anyone else feels the same.
ModernCamaroZ28Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 09:52 PM   #129
Subcool

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
Looks so much better with just those changes, now time to work on the looks of the v6.
Subcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 10:51 PM   #130
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
To damn much going on with that front grill. Not clean at all. Overlaps, bars and flanges, ridges and curved lines....WTF is going on!!
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 03:28 AM   #131
samurai

Drives: C8 Corvette
I think it's a great improvement. Especially if it's an option, so you can choose which style you prefer. But it's really interesting that all 2019 Camaro at SEMA have the new frontend.

The only thing that makes the frontend looks worse than 2016 is imho that the bar in the middle is too horizontal on the top. It's not looking as sleek as it could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
In case you forgot, this is from several years ago, and received zero praise or accolades as far as I know...and was never considered for actual production sale. Had that been suggested years ago, all the current controversy and ridicule could have been avoided...Where was the focus group input on this thing?...lol
Yeah, this is really the part I don't get. I think the current 2019 looks fine on certain builds (adding black wheels, black stripes, or the 1LE package).

But if you look at the first reveal of the T5 Bumblebee
and even as better pics appeared you already had this huge feedback that only a small minority actually liked this frontend.

The Transformers franchise helped selling Gen 5, but GM has to finally make the Camaro stand on it's own as what it is: An impressive modern sportscar, not a car out of a dying toy-movie-adaptation

Last edited by samurai; 11-01-2018 at 03:40 AM.
samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 05:51 AM   #132
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernCamaroZ28Fan View Post

Just gonna throw this here, just in case anyone else feels the same.
That would be a good video is it actually told you about the car. Pretty much a waste of time. The car looks very good with the front end fixed.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 06:19 AM   #133
yankee

Drives: 2018 Camaro LT RS, 2015 Mazda 3
It is just me or the new front is a bit too rounded?
yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 07:20 AM   #134
Detroit Muscle

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Really interested to see if this new front end is going to be an aftermarket option or production change or neither...and if so when..

Stainless Power Headers, High Flow Cats, CAI intake, SLP Loudmouth 1 exhaust, Dyno tune from Alternative Performance
Detroit Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 11:59 AM   #135
thefirstcause

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS, 2009 Mazda6 GT V6
Looking at this more again, seeing videos like Phasteks and LethalGarage on youtube... I think this 're-refresh' of the 2019 is fantastic. I seriously hope Chevy is rewarded for making these quick mid year changes with some better sales. I look at the car... the new front, the new back, and I think 'dammnnn that is a nice looking car!' The new taillights look particularly great with the blade spoiler... the wing was always a mistake and made mangled rear end lines. The front looks badass with the wider top grille to match the headlight size and give that slightly more classic muscle car look. The 2016 had a pinched top grille which was cool but I prefer this. I like the fangs and 1LE splitter aggressive combo.

I would seriously consider updating my SS front end to look like this. That wide upper grille is just so damn good! Previously I was thinking a ZL1 front end... but without the wider fenders I think it looks a tad squished. But this new SS front is designed for the regular fenders. Very cool stuff Chevy!
thefirstcause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 12:24 PM   #136
RagingHawk

Drives: Fuel efficient compact sedan :)
We gotta give credit to the guy here that did the rendering right when the refresh was revealed, LOL.
RagingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 07:17 PM   #137
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Hopefully they actually release this color.

I coulda sworn its the same color as the AutoX concept they did 2 years ago....

https://media.chevrolet.com/media/us...031-autox.html
Attached Images

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 09:50 PM   #138
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
SEMA show car previews new exterior color and expanded range of accessories
General Motors

October 16, 2018

DETROIT — Chevrolet today previewed a new Shock yellow exterior color for the 2019 Camaro. It will be available in early 2019.

The color made its debut on a 2019 Camaro SS show car that will be on display at the SEMA Show Oct. 30-Nov. 2 in Las Vegas, where it will be shown with new accessories and performance parts available from Chevrolet dealers.

“There’s a fresh look for the 2019 Camaro, which is restyled, reinvigorated and offers more choices and new technologies,” said Steve Majoros, director of Chevrolet Car and Crossover Marketing. “It’s the perfect canvas for personalization, and the new Shock color and available accessories demonstrate only some of the possibilities customers have to make the Camaro entirely theirs.”

The expanded portfolio of accessories and performance parts includes second-generation ground effects, a black wing spoiler, fuel door with exposed carbon-fiber insert, black Camaro fender badges, 50-state-legal cold-air induction kits, RECARO® performance seats, Brembo® six-piston front brake upgrade kit and 1LE suspension components.*

The Chevrolet accessories and performance parts were designed by the same designers and engineers responsible for the Camaro itself, for seamless design and performance integration. The accessories and parts were also validated to the same rigorous standards as the factory-installed components, and their installation does not void the new-vehicle limited warranty.

Customers can shop online for the parts at Chevrolet.com/accessories and choose home or dealer delivery, as well as select dealer installation.

The Camaro SS Shock show vehicle also features concept front-end styling that includes a relocated bowtie emblem and concept hood/fender graphics. It will be joined in the Chevrolet SEMA display by a personalized Camaro LT convertible, shown in new Satin Steel Grey Metallic and featuring concept red accents and additional accessories.

Camaro for 2019

New front-end styling on LS, LT and SS models, including the fascia, grille, dual-element headlamps, hood and new LED signature lighting, puts a new face on the 2019 Camaro. The ZL1 model retains its airflow optimized front-end styling, while the RS package also receives unique headlamps and lighting signature.

At the rear, new LED taillamps are incorporated in a more sculptured execution of Chevrolet’s signature dual-element design. Red lenses are featured on LS and LT, with RS, SS and ZL1 featuring dark-tinted neutral-density (clear) lenses.

Additional highlights include:
  • An all-new Turbo 1LE model that rounds out Camaro’s performance lineup.
  • A new 10-speed paddle-shift automatic transmission offered on Camaro SS, featuring launch control and line lock.
  • New wheel designs.
  • New Chevrolet infotainment systems, including enhanced available navigation.
  • New available full-display rearview camera mirror.
  • New available Forward Collision Alert.

Along with Shock, the 2019 Camaro color palette also includes new Crush, Riverside Blue Metallic, Shadow Grey Metallic and Satin Steel Grey Metallic.

The 2019 Camaro show cars join more than a dozen Chevrolet vehicle concepts at the SEMA Show, along with the latest accessories, performance parts and crate engines for new and vintage Chevrolet vehicles.

Whats the point of those overlapping plastics things on each side of the grill?
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 09:40 AM   #139
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
So the car looks more aggressive
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 09:49 AM   #140
yankee

Drives: 2018 Camaro LT RS, 2015 Mazda 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy Dog View Post
Whats the point of those overlapping plastics things on each side of the grill?
Just to be annoying and ruin the design
yankee is offline   Reply With Quote