Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-24-2018, 03:28 PM   #1
Matt@Tick

Drives: All GM Performance
Fastest M6 5th Gen Camaro

Who has the fastest 1/4 mile six speed manual 5th gen Camaro? How fast is it?
Matt@Tick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 03:43 PM   #2
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21013
102SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 03:46 PM   #3
102SS
waiting at the tree

Looks like most guys give up and switch to an automatic after low 10's and high 9's
Old 08-24-2018, 03:51 PM   #4
Matt@Tick

Drives: All GM Performance
So in all this time, 9.82 is as fast as anyone has gone with a 6-speed trans? I really thought someone had gone faster than that. But I can't remember who it is. The list does say "Street Registered" so how about any that aren't streetcars?
Matt@Tick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 03:56 PM   #5
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
The Lingenfelter car run an 8.99.
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 04:35 PM   #6
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
There are "fast" cars running manuals, but most of the quick cars run an automatic...

As was mentioned the Lingenfelter car went 8.938 at 160 with a faceplated T56.

Too much time and or boost is lost in shifts.... It isn't that the shifts are slow as much as it is the boost lost and the time made up for it while lifting if necessary to shift.... I have to lift....

We shift my car at 9,000 rpm, and no one makes a clutch that can handle 2K RWHP and 9,000 rpm shifts.... We either lift to shift, losing boost as the blow off valve opens or we fight the shift as the clutch discs cup due to centripetal force and override the internal synchros....

Short of spending huge money on a billet case, or replacing transmissions faster than underwear, there is no automatic made to stand up to the power and weight of many cars in my chosen style of racing....

I could try to use a "faceplated" transmission, if someone wants to build that.... or I can save and get the PPG TR6060 with either rally style shifting or spend more and get the air operated button shifter.... either way is 25-30K.... with which I would use my quad disc carbon clutch.... Nothing else I know of can handle the power and weight, especially over a mile or 1.5 mile distance.... I've seen way too many of them scatter.... including built Turbo 400's with gear vendors overdrives....

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 02:09 AM   #7
102SS
waiting at the tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
There are "fast" cars running manuals, but most of the quick cars run an automatic...

Too much time and or boost is lost in shifts.... It isn't that the shifts are slow as much as it is the boost lost and the time made up for it while lifting if necessary to shift.... I have to lift....

We shift my car at 9,000 rpm, and no one makes a clutch that can handle 2K RWHP and 9,000 rpm shifts.... We either lift to shift, losing boost as the blow off valve opens or we fight the shift as the clutch discs cup due to centripetal force and override the internal synchros....

Short of spending huge money on a billet case, or replacing transmissions faster than underwear, there is no automatic made to stand up to the power and weight of many cars in my chosen style of racing....

I could try to use a "faceplated" transmission, if someone wants to build that.... or I can save and get the PPG TR6060 with either rally style shifting or spend more and get the air operated button shifter.... either way is 25-30K.... with which I would use my quad disc carbon clutch.... Nothing else I know of can handle the power and weight, especially over a mile or 1.5 mile distance.... I've seen way too many of them scatter.... including built Turbo 400's with gear vendors overdrives....

Thats why Dodges Hell Kitties only come with an auto.

Even the lighter 4th gens had problems with the T56 once they got in the 9's.

They cryo treated the gears and they still broke.
Old 08-25-2018, 07:02 AM   #8
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Not street registered but street class 7.99 https://www.lsxmag.com/news/video-wo...aro-runs-7-99/
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 08:04 AM   #9
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
What...that's why they only come with autos on a hellcat...where did that come from? WTF lol
https://www.bing.com/search?q=hellca...9I69rfVrOyDgKh

Moderator Dude runs the Texas Mile I wish I could but short on $$$$$ LOL, and Newyork Dude total fail.....

Must have skipped this line; Short of spending huge money on a billet case, or replacing transmissions faster than underwear, there is no automatic made to stand up to the power and weight of many cars in my chosen style of racing....

I used to do 350/400 autos all the time in my old chevys, shift kit them throw in converter, even buy a trick yellow tranny and yes they are great for bracket racing. But to say theres some wonderful automatics out there...….well feel and street driving on a clutch is much more fun and more skillful as is drag racing with classes for that old school, sure you cant shift as fast as a computer but..... you can lift and shift major power down.

I'm just a poor old guy driving with my Monster lt1s clutch that uses the stock slave....and a monster billet bearing support, and a tick bleeder so I can handle 700 rwhp and torque truly and have it feel like stock......

Watch some street outlaws and they are...….running what I got rid of in the day, powerglide, trans brake etc....2 gears one shift for 1/4. Everything is more application specific the higher power you go or what ever, but to say hellcat only come auto...……

And BTW for fun driving and on the street Manuals are the choice for $$$$$ and fun and well....Deceleration popping, hanging a turn, dropping a gear, gas mileage, $$$$, etc. Sure its harder to have to learn but the choice in the day was rockcrusher for a muscle car for a reason.

The fast list is nice, dedicated to the track, for the street or high power I prefer a manual though you do have to loose time shifting....and why they developed no lift shift...… A slush box looses that extra power getting it to the ground, is more complicated ;and while they do make some really nice autos for exotics they do paddle shift them like a manual you will notice and lots come with manuals. Manuals area rare thing now, shame...…. But does save people from replacing fried clutches that don't drive one well;and dollar for dollar the way to go on a budget.

And torque is what moves you and pushes you back in the seat, HP is based off torque and shows how hard the engine works making that torque. The efficiency of the engine.

But yes try moving a brick wall with HP, me I will use torque...LOL Burnt a little rubber with TC on yesterday just driving home showing a F tard in his Subby Flow how not to tail gate as I can just push in the clutch rev up and fishtail to show displeasure..... Most expect a non modified Camaro and jerks are all over the road, and tail gators...well they are a waste of flesh....and a opportunity to check your brakes also.
Old 08-25-2018, 10:40 AM   #10
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by 102SS View Post
They come in manuals too. I had a friend that had one of each until he traded both in on a Demon. He said the automatic would kick the manual's butt all day long at the track.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 07:37 PM   #11
Venomcustom
Hard to want.

Drives: 2020 red hot 1SS 1LE
My brother just traded his manual Hellcat for a new widebody auto.
Venomcustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 09:40 PM   #12
SecondZ28

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 102SS View Post
you're thinking of the Demon
'87 GN
SecondZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 01:47 AM   #13
102SS
waiting at the tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondZ28 View Post
you're thinking of the Demon

Yes I was,thanks
Old 08-27-2018, 08:25 AM   #14
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post

You sound like the perfect case for a faceplated trans.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote