Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 01-22-2020, 02:24 PM   #99
Sales@Phastek

Drives: 2016 1SS
2.0T over here. Who doesn't love boost and turbo noises!?!

-Sean
Sales@Phastek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 03:20 PM   #100
mvp88

Drives: 16 2LT/RS Hy-Blue/manual/NPP/6PBrem
Well you posed the original ? on the I4 forum so most of the responses will be from people who actually bought the I4. That said you might want to do the same if you haven't in the LGX V6 forum just so you get the views of some V6 owners. Here is a clip of what the LGX is capable of.

mvp88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 05:00 PM   #101
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvp88 View Post
Well you posed the original ? on the I4 forum so most of the responses will be from people who actually bought the I4. That said you might want to do the same if you haven't in the LGX V6 forum just so you get the views of some V6 owners. Here is a clip of what the LGX is capable of.

Superchargers are nice aren't they.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 09:15 PM   #102
wookwook

Drives: 18 Camaro LS M6
blew the second beam, didn't use staging etiquette, got treed. whats the big deal?

NFG M6 2T
Mishimoto Hot side pie | ZZP Catted DP | KN Drop in | Borla - Sport Tour | Apex Arc 8 - square | Wookster Tuning+ | Flex Fuel

Last PB
4.8, 13.2@106
wookwook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 08:42 AM   #103
foshjowler

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T, 91 Miata
Just bought my 2017 2.0T almost 2 weeks ago now. My dad bought a 2019 SS a few months ago, and after driving it a couple of times I decided I wanted one, but the V8 was too much, and would just result in some combination tickets/injury/death/increased consumables costs for not much more than going faster on the backstretch of VIR. I've owned a Coyote Mustang, so I'm familiar with the speed and what comes along with it, a 41 over ticket on an on-ramp for me.

The 2.0T is more interesting to me than the V6, plus the added lightness and the 50/50 weight balance are great for autox and HPDE things. The only thing I wish it came with is the Brembo brakes, but those are cheap and easy enough to add later.

Up first are wheels and RE71R tires for autox, then the Brembo brakes. After that probably a downpipe and tune, suspension bits, and other little odds and ends thrown in wherever is convenient.

foshjowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 10:25 AM   #104
Davescamaro

Drives: Chevy camaro
I'm a 2019 2.0t LS with technology package. Did see the RS packaged v6 and it looked meaner than the base, but overall, the turbo 4 just has more bang for the buck features.
You get 275hp/295tq "GM claimed", but I assume it's a bit more. They say 18psi, but I'm getting around 20-22 according to torque app (intake psi gauge). I can feel the stock tires desperately trying to grab traction and hear them slip through heavy acceleration. The only flaw I do not like is the heavy flywheel on the 6 speed manual. You can see the rpm gauge just slowly climbing down when thrown back into neutral.
Now far as bolt ons and performance, the i4 will give you more bang for your buck vs the v6. Just a few bolt ons and you will feel a bit of difference. They offer a decent amount of stuff for the i4, plus it's just cool in my book to see a turbocharged camaro that's never been offered before from Chevrolet.
The other downfall on the i4 is just that the exhaust sounds are just not meaty enough compared to a mitsubishi evolution or i.e. nissan silvia. Just my opinion.
Davescamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 11:47 PM   #105
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davescamaro View Post
I'm a 2019 2.0t LS with technology package. Did see the RS packaged v6 and it looked meaner than the base, but overall, the turbo 4 just has more bang for the buck features.
You get 275hp/295tq "GM claimed", but I assume it's a bit more. They say 18psi, but I'm getting around 20-22 according to torque app (intake psi gauge). I can feel the stock tires desperately trying to grab traction and hear them slip through heavy acceleration. The only flaw I do not like is the heavy flywheel on the 6 speed manual. You can see the rpm gauge just slowly climbing down when thrown back into neutral.
Now far as bolt ons and performance, the i4 will give you more bang for your buck vs the v6. Just a few bolt ons and you will feel a bit of difference. They offer a decent amount of stuff for the i4, plus it's just cool in my book to see a turbocharged camaro that's never been offered before from Chevrolet.
The other downfall on the i4 is just that the exhaust sounds are just not meaty enough compared to a mitsubishi evolution or i.e. nissan silvia. Just my opinion.
https://www.carthrottle.com/post/rev...heads-hate-it/

this explains it, I think

Last edited by protovack; 02-05-2020 at 09:53 PM.
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 07:13 AM   #106
Davescamaro

Drives: Chevy camaro
I thought that egr (exhaust gas recirculation) was done away with cars in the mid 2000s and vvt (variable valve timing) replaced that for emissions control. Back when I was an automotive tech from 2013-2018, that was explained to me from manufacturers such as acura, Mitsubishi, and ford.
Your right about having the rpms stay up high for turbo vehicles, keeps boost. Heard the flywheel weighs roughly 30ish lbs, which is heavy and from engine to transmission of power transfer.
Not saying your wrong at all. I might be wrong as well, but just what I've learned.
Davescamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 09:06 AM   #107
wookwook

I always wondered about the wind down. we don't have a blow off valve, but a recirc valve, which is where the boostlator has been given huge props. There is a tendency to even hang at rpm and I believe its controlled by throttle to manage the boost pressures. just a theory. its more apparent on M6.

NFG M6 2T
Mishimoto Hot side pie | ZZP Catted DP | KN Drop in | Borla - Sport Tour | Apex Arc 8 - square | Wookster Tuning+ | Flex Fuel

Last PB
4.8, 13.2@106
Old 02-05-2020, 09:53 PM   #108
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
ok i found the article

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/rev...heads-hate-it/
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 10:08 AM   #109
wookwook

Sooo. Not being really up to par on my EGR knowledge, I wonder if it appears that a catch can system would step in for the EGR circuit? I think I have seen one that taps the oil filler cap. Then hitting the TPS closure tables? There is some table that deals with it. I don't recall an option box like the article mentions. Edit - to reflect on the boost bleed off, I wonder if there is a cross reference to what the 6s and 8s experience as well.

NFG M6 2T

Last PB
4.8, 13.2@106
Old 02-22-2020, 10:25 PM   #110
foshjowler

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T, 91 Miata
While I was at one of the new car car shows, Ford gave me a thing where if I test drove one of their cars they'd send me a $50 gift card. Since I've never driven an ecoboost, I figured I'd give that a try. My mom has one of the newer V6s and I had a 2011 Coyote, but never the ecoboost, and this one was a 10 speed, another first. I was very upfront with that I was there just for the program, and to compare my car to the mustang. They didn't seem to have any issues with it.

The butt dyno says it's as fast as the LTG Camaro, not sure what the numbers say, also don't really care. The visibility is much better, but I think it feels less special to drive. The bunker feeling is part of the charm of the Camaro. I didn't get to really push it around turns, but from driving my mom's, the alfa platform is significantly better. It was good to finally drive one, and it's much more approachable to the average consumer, but for me it was good to validate my purchase.
foshjowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 01:13 PM   #111
Buff Orppington

Drives: 2020 Camaro, 2.0 Turbo, 6 manual
The 2.0 is cheaper up front, less common, lighter, there's room to work on the engine, and the turbo sounded interesting (I have never owned one). Gas mileage is about 25-30 (still in the break in period), so that makes the cost of premium fuel not a big deal. Engine sounds like a leaf blower, which I normally don’t care for but it’s growing on me.
Got a stick shift and am enjoying that. Except I once in a while I stall it starting out in 3d thinking I’m in 1st. Just like high school. 6 would probably be harder to stall. I'll get used to it.
I ordered the car in the new darkish rallye green along with the stock exterior and wheels. I’ve never owned a car people give a second look to, but they look at this. Can recommend it to Mustang fans who can't get a decent green unless they shell out for a Bullitt edition. Should have gotten the red brembos to complete the look.
Enjoying it immensely.
Buff Orppington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 05:44 PM   #112
wookwook

Pic would be nice on that.

NFG M6 2T

Last PB
4.8, 13.2@106