#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 10-05-2022, 11:35 AM   #1
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
My brother in laws CTSV...

So, I know its not a ZL1. I know it's not a Camaro... but we are all LS and LSA guys here so bear with me. MY brother in law just had his 2012 Cadillac CTSV "built" by a local performance shop. All of the mods were done at one time and then the car was tuned afterwards...

-Lingenfelter supercharger solid coupler
-Lingenfelter s/c heat exchanger
-2.55" grip tech upper pulley
-ATI 10% blower ring, and balancer
-TSP 2" headers and dual 3" exhaust
-Big 3 racing S/C coolant tank
-CHE trunnion kit
-Mighty mouse catch can
-FIC 1200cc injectors
-160 thermostat
-TSP plugs and wires
-Gates green HD belt

His dyno only made 545 rwhp and 601 tq on 93 octane with 14.5lbs of boost on a dynojet. These numbers seem really low to me? I feel like with this setup he should be making more power... but it is an automatic car. Opinions? Other then mods listed, the car is totally stock. Stock trans, stock diff and gears, stock converter.
Attached Images

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
The_bald_eagle_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 04:45 PM   #2
bsn

Drives: 2013 ZL1
You can't really live by dyno #'s that being said a ZL1 with similar modifications would be 600+ RWHP but would have an aux pump or fuel pump booster.
bsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 05:14 PM   #3
The SS Godfather

Drives: 2010 CAMARO RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_bald_eagle_machine View Post
So, I know its not a ZL1. I know it's not a Camaro... but we are all LS and LSA guys here so bear with me. MY brother in law just had his 2012 Cadillac CTSV "built" by a local performance shop. All of the mods were done at one time and then the car was tuned afterwards...

-Lingenfelter supercharger solid coupler
-Lingenfelter s/c heat exchanger
-2.55" grip tech upper pulley
-ATI 10% blower ring, and balancer
-TSP 2" headers and dual 3" exhaust
-Big 3 racing S/C coolant tank
-CHE trunnion kit
-Mighty mouse catch can
-FIC 1200cc injectors
-160 thermostat
-TSP plugs and wires
-Gates green HD belt

His dyno only made 545 rwhp and 601 tq on 93 octane with 14.5lbs of boost on a dynojet. These numbers seem really low to me? I feel like with this setup he should be making more power... but it is an automatic car. Opinions? Other then mods listed, the car is totally stock. Stock trans, stock diff and gears, stock converter.

Yeah, agree LS , LSA no matter what !!!! Great job !!!!
The SS Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 05:51 PM   #4
RankSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Probably about right for an auto car with no cam. Add a stingy dyno and this is what you get.
The trap speeds tell the real story.
2010 Camaro SS RS, Maggie with 3.4" pulley, 60# injectors, ADM dual fuel pumps, ADM Stage 2 Cam with Brian Tooley springs and pushrods, black CAI intake, Stainless Works long tube headers w/gutted cats, ZL1 Diff w/offset bushings, Pfadt lowering springs, Pfadt sway bars, Pfadt solid sub frame mounts, BMR trailing arms and toe rods, Hurst short throw shifter, Painted on Hugger Orange stripes, Forgestar F14 Piano Black wheels, Nitto NT05 rubber.
RankSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 06:32 AM   #5
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Alright, I agree that the dyno isn't the end all be all of cars and their power... I just wasn't sure if someone took advantage of him, or possibly didn't know what they were doing. In this scenario he took the car to a "performance" shop, and the had someone else come in to weld the exhaust, and a different shop dyno tuned the car. Just wanted to make sure he got his money's worth becuase I believe the bill was right around $10k. I think to myself for 10k I could have made my SS camaro much faster with that kind of budget. Thanks for the input guys.

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
Old 10-06-2022, 08:20 AM   #6
joshnmn
2&THEHIT

Drives: 5th Gen Camaro; 5th Gen Ram 3500
Looking at the build list, the only things I see to raise output are the headers and pulley. Others improve reliability a/o are appearance mods.

That being said, rwhp went up about 100 and torque about 150. That's pretty stout. I'm sure there's more there as well.
joshnmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 10:39 AM   #7
Dega Man

Drives: ZL1
Based on your list there was nothing done to increase intake air flow like a cold air intake which will definitely help increase gains with all that was done, there are some really good ones out the Cadilac. We are living in some inflationary times, for $10K sounds like some really good labor charges were made.
Dega Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 11:01 AM   #8
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dega Man View Post
Based on your list there was nothing done to increase intake air flow like a cold air intake which will definitely help increase gains with all that was done, there are some really good ones out the Cadilac. We are living in some inflationary times, for $10K sounds like some really good labor charges were made.
Its not included in this list because he already had it installed but... It does have a Air-raid cold air intake. I forgot to mention that in the initial post.

Old 10-06-2022, 11:33 AM   #9
tartagliazl1

Drives: 2013 zl1 vert
That car is dying for a cam. It will also make the boost pressure drop some. He can also check and see if the SC coolant is low and heating up to fast. The pumps on those cars are not that great. He should consider upgrading it.
22% lower/ 2.5 upper/ 2” headers/ cat delete/ x-pipe/ 2 gallon x tank/ 100-3 pump/ fic 850/ dsx aux kit/ 103mm throttle body/ RPM 5” intake/ meth kit/ prometh lid injection/FI interchiller/ 160* stat/ ngk-7/ msd wires/ elite catch can/ tsp cam/ Che trunnions/ ported supercharger/ 1/2” lid spacer/ brick mod/BMR toe and trailing arms/ 751hp 757 tq SAE @17.3lb on a loaded dyno.
tartagliazl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 12:22 PM   #10
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Quote:
Originally Posted by tartagliazl1 View Post
That car is dying for a cam. It will also make the boost pressure drop some. He can also check and see if the SC coolant is low and heating up to fast. The pumps on those cars are not that great. He should consider upgrading it.
They upgraded the heat exchanger and the pump according to the mod list.

Old 10-06-2022, 03:48 PM   #11
tartagliazl1

Drives: 2013 zl1 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_bald_eagle_machine View Post
They upgraded the heat exchanger and the pump according to the mod list.
I see now. The verimax is not that great of a pump. Flows slightly less than the zl1 pump.
22% lower/ 2.5 upper/ 2” headers/ cat delete/ x-pipe/ 2 gallon x tank/ 100-3 pump/ fic 850/ dsx aux kit/ 103mm throttle body/ RPM 5” intake/ meth kit/ prometh lid injection/FI interchiller/ 160* stat/ ngk-7/ msd wires/ elite catch can/ tsp cam/ Che trunnions/ ported supercharger/ 1/2” lid spacer/ brick mod/BMR toe and trailing arms/ 751hp 757 tq SAE @17.3lb on a loaded dyno.
tartagliazl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 10:13 PM   #12
Batmanntexas

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS (2SS)
14.5psi is a fair amount of boost for 93 octane. There is definitely more power to be had by switching to E85 at that boost level. The downside is that it would require some fuel system upgrades as well (pumps and injectors).

As stated earlier, a cam would make a serious change in power production as well. The more efficiently you can make the engine move air, the more power it will make.

COTW 9/8/14
Batmanntexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 11:45 AM   #13
eLeSthree

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS 6sp
For comparisons sake, here is my cts-v dyno and mod list.

SW headers, no cats
fic 1200
2.55 lpe
36in heat exchanger
EMP pump, Ice tank underhood
airaid intake
DSX Flex Fuel kit on E77
I saw about 12.5psi and it would increase to about 13.5 at redline (probably due to the stock mufflers) I had the cut outs closed this run.

What I've come to realize about the LSA is that on the dyno, there is not enough airflow to cool the heat exchanger. You only get 1 good pull, after that it will lose HP the more you do pulls. Unless of course you let it cool down a lot between runs. We waited about 20 mins and it still lost about 50whp.

I now have a 2.38 LPE and DW300 pumps to maintain FP. (guessing about 620whp now)

Most people dont do a lower pulley until they install a cam. I'm guessing his car was heat soaked at this point if it was being dyno tuned.

Keep in mind, lots of guys run 10.9 at this power level with the A6. If they didnt tune the trans, you should reach out to Justin White. My A6 tune is so sweet. It's made me love automatics.
Attached Images

2010 CTS-V A6 - "Stock" SOLD
630whp 658wtq

2024 F-150 RCSB 5.0 4x4
waiting for tunes...
eLeSthree is offline   Reply With Quote