Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-30-2022, 09:40 AM   #1
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Metallic whistling sound from left side...

Lately,

When I drive with my driver's side window opened, at lower speeds during hard acceleration I hear a high pitched whistling sound, but it sounds metallic in nature.

Only does it during high acceleration.

Almost sounds like it is coming from the exhaust.

Just looking for ideas what this may be?

No warning lights or anything.
2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | K&N Typhoon CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | DOD Delete | BTR Stage I Cam | ECM, TCM & E85 |Tuned by: Shane Hinds | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq
FlukeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 09:47 AM   #2
pablo0526

Drives: 19 CAMARO SS
Any sound clips?
pablo0526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 10:48 AM   #3
SATINSTEEL1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 21 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlukeSS View Post
Lately,

When I drive with my driver's side window opened, at lower speeds during hard acceleration I hear a high pitched whistling sound, but it sounds metallic in nature.

Only does it during high acceleration.

Almost sounds like it is coming from the exhaust.

Just looking for ideas what this may be?

No warning lights or anything.
I think this is a normal A10 thing when they get hot. Both my 2018 ZL1 and now my 21 ZL1 do this same thing. And I have heard many others have this as well and nobody has came up with any kind of fix. Not that anything is wrong. Sounds like something in the trans. But again this has been a thing since the a10 came out.

If you need to take it in and see what the dealer will do, they will most likely replace the trans and it would probably happen again. I used to try to have the dealer chase down noises, but it usually ends badly for me or my car.

So I have taken the approach to just drive the car until something actually breaks and the dumb dealer has no option but to acknowledge the failure and replace what has failed. Dealer service departments are just part swappers now and if you dont have a completely repeatable issue or clear cut failure, they will start shooting in the dark with parts and probably hurt your car in the end.
SATINSTEEL1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 11:19 AM   #4
FlukeSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo0526 View Post
Any sound clips?
I'll see if I can get one on the way home from work today, but the sound is pretty subtle so it may not come out on the video.

If the windows are closed I can't hear it, only when I have the window open did I happen to notice it.
2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | K&N Typhoon CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | DOD Delete | BTR Stage I Cam | ECM, TCM & E85 |Tuned by: Shane Hinds | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq
Old 07-01-2022, 07:36 AM   #5
FlukeSS

I did a couple of mild pulls but did not hear the whistling, but thought I heard like a humming coming from the tranny, which means SATIN probably right, maybe normal sounds when the trans warms up.