#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > Wheels / Tires

Phastek Performance

Old 08-12-2021, 12:29 PM   #1
Rayvan
Rayvan

Drives: 2018 1SS1LE, Silver Ice Metallic
Front SS wheel Fitment, on SS 1LE.

Does anyone know, will a 20" *front* wheel from a 1SS or 2SS would fit both the front, *and the rear* of a SS 1LE?

Back story:

Recently I had to abandon my car because of a rear flat. Big screw sticking out. Red flashing warning came on, and I had just a minute to find a safe spot.

Tire lost pressure fast. It sucked. I refuse to use the can-of-goo that the car came with. Seems like it would make a mess of the wheel. If it was in a really bad spot, I would have towed it.

Instead, I Uberred home, grabbed my floor-jack, a jack stand and a few tools, threw them in my truck, and drove back. I removed the flat rear, left it on a jack-stand, and left to have the tire fixed, all the while worried about my abandoned car. This all took about six hours, total.

I was lucky nothing happened while it was left there, but it got me thinking about a spare just to have around so I can just get the car home if it happens again.
Rayvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 12:31 PM   #2
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
not sure but my buddy had this he tried to sell me one and i said pass lol

https://modernspare.com/product/2016...including-zl1/
Old 08-12-2021, 12:52 PM   #3
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE M6
I don't have an answer for your wheel fitment question, but it is probably worth keeping a tire plug kit in your car (e.g. https://www.amazon.com/Slime-1034-T-.../dp/B000ET525K). Wouldn't be right for every situation, but it sounds like it would've saved you with the situation you faced.
PPF | Paint Correction | ZL1 Addons Rock Guards | ZL1 Addons Lift Pads | ZL1 Addons Feather Lite Tow Hook | JWM Smoked Sidemarkers | Wildhammer Smoked Rear Reflectors | JWM License Plate LEDs | RotoFab CAI | ADM IC Reservoir v2 | BC Forged RZ05 | SPL Toe Arms | BW Brake Deflectors | CMS Roll Bar | Schroth Profi II ASM Harnesses
Sold: '99 Trans Am (bolt-ons & cam) | '00 WS6 (bolt-ons, heads, cam, 12 bolt) | '05 CTS-V (bolt-ons, short throw) | '10 SS/RS M6 (short throw, CAI, coilovers, LTs, catback, JRE tune) | '01 WS6

YouTube
RamAir02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 12:53 PM   #4
Rayvan
Rayvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
not sure but my buddy had this he tried to sell me one and i said pass lol

https://modernspare.com/product/2016...including-zl1/
LOL! I don't blame you. Expensive!

I was thinking of buying someones curb-rashed 20" SS front wheel for cheap, then just putting a cheap 245 tire on it. Don't know if it would fit the back of the 1LE though.

Anyone know?
Old 08-12-2021, 01:02 PM   #5
Rayvan
Rayvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamAir02 View Post
I don't have an answer for your wheel fitment question, but it is probably worth keeping a tire plug kit in your car (e.g. https://www.amazon.com/Slime-1034-T-.../dp/B000ET525K). Wouldn't be right for every situation, but it sounds like it would've saved you with the situation you faced.
Ya, you're right. Like the can-o'-goo it would have gotten me home. Problem is I track the car.

I wouldn't trust a plug in these tires at the track (or the goo).

The guy I had fix it uses Good-Year's specifications to fix the tire correctly so I don't lose my speed-rating.

I was thinking of buying someones curb-rashed 20" SS front wheel for cheap, then just putting a cheap 245 tire on it. Don't know if it would fit the back of the 1LE though.

Anyone know?
Old 08-12-2021, 01:04 PM   #6
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
thats the hard part with a staggered setup may fit front but not rear on my old car i ended up buying a square setup and had a spare/wheel tire i just kept in my trunk lol you could do that but it would be $$
Old 08-12-2021, 02:07 PM   #7
BrandanK

Drives: 2021 Camaro SS 1LE
Rayvan, I just bought a set of used LT1 wheels last week (basically SS fronts for the front and rear on the LT1). It is my understanding that they will fit.

My logic is this: The LT1 trim cars use the SS front wheels on the front and back(20x8.5 +25mm)
The LT1 and SS cars will fit the front 6 piston Brembo kit from GM which is standard on the SS 1LE cars.

I can't think of a reason that the wheel/tire combo wont fit. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. I will confirm this when temps start to drop here in Indiana and I wont be able to run my SC3 tires.

BK
BrandanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 02:28 PM   #8
Rayvan
Rayvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandanK View Post
Rayvan, I just bought a set of used LT1 wheels last week (basically SS fronts for the front and rear on the LT1). It is my understanding that they will fit.

My logic is this: The LT1 trim cars use the SS front wheels on the front and back(20x8.5 +25mm)
The LT1 and SS cars will fit the front 6 piston Brembo kit from GM which is standard on the SS 1LE cars.

I can't think of a reason that the wheel/tire combo wont fit. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. I will confirm this when temps start to drop here in Indiana and I wont be able to run my SC3 tires.

BK
This makes sense!
I know the LT1 cars use different rear brakes than the SS/SS 1LE cars do, but if they use four SS fronts, I think I'm in bidness!

Thanks for the insight!
Old 08-12-2021, 02:45 PM   #9
Rayvan
Rayvan

Anyone have any curb-rashed front SS, or LT1 wheels for sale?