Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 04-28-2019, 11:04 AM   #1
Ema2SS

Drives: Camaro 2017 2SS
Camaro 2017 2SS “Shift to Park” message

I have a 2017 Camaro 2SS, it’s an Automatic and just earlier this week, when I would press the button to shut off the car, I’d get the “shift to park” message on the screen even though the car was in park already. At first I suspected it to be because the driveway to the house is at an incline but then it started happening even on level ground. Can anyone help me out? This is my first time on here and I decided to give it a shot and see if anyone else has the same problem as me. Thank you!!!
Ema2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 11:37 AM   #2
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
Probably just a sensor, if you are under warranty take it to the dealer.
Old 04-28-2019, 04:28 PM   #3
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
I had that problem, would give me that message when I stopped the engine. I had to rattle the shifter around to get it to go away. The sensor is built into the shifter mechanism and the whole assemble has to be replaced. Done under warranty and no problems now. I talked to them about some problems with the shudder (very minor) coming back since it was about six months after the first flush and they checked the pressures with their machine and went ahead and did the new flush. All good now.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 06:42 PM   #4
Ema2SS

Drives: Camaro 2017 2SS
Thank you! Both of the replies were great. I will set an appointment with the dealership soon, and I also had the Shutter problem with my trans, and they did the flush like 2-4 month ago
Ema2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 12:55 AM   #5
Lan

Drives: 2017 Camaro RS convertible
Did you get it fixed?
I have 2017 RS. Just started have the same problem, getting the message “Shift to Park" While the engine turns off.
Lan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 11:05 AM   #6
bravomayor

Drives: chavrolet camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lan View Post
Did you get it fixed?
I have 2017 RS. Just started have the same problem, getting the message “Shift to Park" While the engine turns off.
I have the same problem "Shift to Park" while the engine turns off with my 2017 camaro RS, any advise to help me fix this problem? Help please
bravomayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 11:25 AM   #7
Orange ss

Drives: 19 camaro19mustang72 chevelle 67pon
Sounds like a neutral safety switch .could be slightly out of place .have you ever spilled any coffee drink or anything that could have worked it way in there ?
Orange ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 05:02 AM   #8
CamaroGen6

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Mines started doing this a few months ago and it was getting pretty annoying. It literally started right after bumper to bumper warranty expired, how convenient. It was random but at least once every other day (daily driver). I asked Chevy about it and their solution is to replace the entire shifter and they asked for $175 for out-of-warranty diagnosis and then it would be an additional charge for the labor and the part itself. I declined. At that point I already knew about rattling the shifter around to make it go away and I couldn't justify spending over $200 for this inconvenience and I can just replace it myself if it came down to it and save that $175 fee.

Well, some time last month I got so fed up with it I struck the shifter with my hand harder than normal and this seems to have fixed it because I no longer get that annoying message. And no, I didn't break anything. Car shifts fine and I didn't hit it that hard. Just hard enough. Obviously this isn't "the fix" as there is probably some loose sensor inside but I'm just stating my remedy. Been 1 month now and no "shift to park" message.
Old 11-03-2020, 08:57 AM   #9
bravomayor

Hello, my Camaro has the same issue with the "shift to park" any advise to resolve this problem , thanks a lot.
Old 11-03-2020, 08:59 AM   #10
bravomayor

I have the same problem with my Camaro 2017, any updates to resolve this "shift to park issue", thanks a lot.
Old 11-07-2020, 07:04 PM   #11
njweatherman

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS, redline edition
Another problem to add to my 2018 2ss. I just seen this message tonight. I had to restart the car twice, put it into drive and then back to park for it to shut off. I'm going to call the dealer on Monday to see what they recommend. I'll get back to you when I find out.

Update:: Happened when I was in the dealership parking lot. Went inside and got the advisor. He saw it and now I have an appointment this Monday, 11/16. I will let you know what they find.

Last edited by njweatherman; 11-13-2020 at 07:00 PM.
njweatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 12:40 PM   #12
rshelar

Drives: 2017 1SS auto vert Nightfall Gray
There are other threads about this prob so pay attention or do a search first.

Had the same prob and just got it fixed. I am under the 60k PT warranty but this assembly IS NOT covered. This is not a wide spread problem but it is a known and occurs in other Chevy vehicles with this same module. Should be a TSB.
First got a quote of over $400. Then I simply asked the advisor to "do me a favor" and contact Chevy Regional so I don't have to go thru Customer Care and see what they'll do. Don't have a hissy fit. I also told him that I've been on the Camaro forum for years and the problem was mentioned. He admitted that he had seen the prob in a Traverse but never a Camaro. But this is just one guy! He called me the next day and said that Chevy asked me to pay $150 and I took the deal. I could have pushed for $0 but why.
idn't.
Send a PM if you want details like contact info and so on.
rshelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 09:55 AM   #13
njweatherman

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS, redline edition
Update: 11/16

Just heard from the dealer, they are going to replace the whole shifter assembly. Part should be in by tomorrow.
njweatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 10:12 AM   #14
dmcmahan60

Drives: 2017 SS
I have a 2017 1SS and was experiencing the same warning message when I would go to shut the car off. Read on another thread were some removed the trim piece around the shifter and sprayed WD-40 on or around where the switch is. I tried it by spraying it all around where I though the switch was and some of the other moving parts were. Put the trim piece back in place and problem solved and that has been over 2 months ago. Hope this helps others with the same problem.
dmcmahan60 is offline   Reply With Quote