Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-23-2022, 12:53 PM   #8555
genxer

Drives: multiple cars
They'd bleed market share if they don't have renewed combustion crossovers. Those segments should have more margin to include hybrid and plug-in, not that it'll happen.

The trax is why I asked about cafe classification. Barely a truck(cuv) is a forgiving parking spot to offer a 'car' for people buying on price point. Maybe the next Malibu will be just a Maxx.

The idea of low cost EV was floated. If they do something like an aero kammback CAR to replace regular Bolt, it would be good to see an ice twin, even if it's a CVT cheapey.
genxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 12:54 PM   #8556
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Next generation ICE Equinox on the way.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2022/11...-way-for-2024/

I have to admit I was a bit surprised by this. I thought that both the Equinox and the Blazer were going full EV only, and the current models would continue on for as long as GM deemed fit, and then die a slow painful death lol. (OK...maybe a little exaggeration there). I also figured the nice new Trax would be the ICE equinox replacement. It seemed like the right fit.

Now I don't know why they introduced a nicer, seemingly large Trax if another Equinox with an ICE engine is coming.

Could this mean there is a possibility for a next gen ICE Blazer? If so, please make it look as close to the EV version as possible!
I think that this is why GM has named them Equinox EV, Silverado EV, and Blazer EV. That way they can live alongside the ICE version with basically the same name and then they can gradually phase out the ICE versions without sacrificing brand equity. The commitment is to be all EV by 2035, so they can continue to build the ICE versions in theory until December 31, 2034.

There are other considerations, of course, including plant allocation. The Ramos Arizpe plant where Blazer, Blazer EV, and Equinox EV are produced is on tap to become a Factory Zero. That doesn’t bode well for how long Blazer (ICE version) stays in play unless GM moves it to Lansing Delta Twp where other Chi platform vehicles are produced. As for Camaro, it’s built at Lansing Grand River alongside Cadillac Alpha platform vehicles. LGR is also slated to become a Factory Zero. When the Cadillac Alphas are taken down to convert the plant, Camaro goes down with it. There is no other Alpha platform plant.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 01:18 PM   #8557
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
https://gmauthority.com/blog/2022/11...buts-in-china/

GM did mention an EV sedan.
Old 11-23-2022, 01:32 PM   #8558
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by genxer View Post
They'd bleed market share if they don't have renewed combustion crossovers. Those segments should have more margin to include hybrid and plug-in, not that it'll happen.

The trax is why I asked about cafe classification. Barely a truck(cuv) is a forgiving parking spot to offer a 'car' for people buying on price point. Maybe the next Malibu will be just a Maxx.

The idea of low cost EV was floated. If they do something like an aero kammback CAR to replace regular Bolt, it would be good to see an ice twin, even if it's a CVT cheapey.
GM is already on the path to “low cost EV” with the commitment to a $30k Equinox EV. THE 2023 Equinox starts at $26,600 so to have an EV version at $30k is a big deal. Also means the Bolt EV and Bolt EUV would have to be priced significantly below that. Today the EUV starts at $27,200 and the Bolt EV at $25,600. Do not expect to see an ICE version of Bolt. There used to be one. It was called Spark. It’s gone for a reason and ain’t comin’ back. Because of the way fuel economy regulations are written it’s easier to meet regulations with a full-size pickup than with a tiny economy car. An ICE car the size of a Spark / Bolt would have to approach 60-70 mpg.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Old 11-25-2022, 03:17 PM   #8559
FenwickHockey65

https://media-gm-com.translate.goog/..._x_tr_pto=wapp

More Montana details.
Old 11-28-2022, 08:51 PM   #8560
FenwickHockey65

Next gen ICE Equinox/Terrain 2024-2025
Next gen ICE Traverse/Acadia 2023-2024
Next gen ICE Enclave 2024-2025
Old 11-29-2022, 02:37 PM   #8561
FenwickHockey65

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a4...1YxAw_zUW1tumY

Car and Driver reporting Corvette 4 door coupe and SUV.
Old 11-29-2022, 03:31 PM   #8562
ChevyRules

Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post

And breaking Corvette out as a sub brand like Hummer being under GMC.

I guess this should quell peoples fears of the Camaro being revived as a sedan. Don't think it will make sense to make both as an EV as of yet.

But certainly marks the likely death of the Camaro come 2024 as LGR gets converted over to a factory zero and the likely location for these 'Vette's to be assembled.

This at least leaves BGA alone to keep churning out the C8 and hopefully clear out the Z06 waitlist along with the ERay, ZR1, and Zora. Lets hope the C8 stays in production into next decade( mostly because I want my name to come up for a Z06 ). Does leave the curiosity of if LGR will produce the C9 and the future of BGA post-C8.
ChevyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 10:23 AM   #8563

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:

Any excuse to build another SUV as if there isn't enough of them already. If other brands were to drive off a cliff, gm would too so as not to miss out.

Corvette used to be something special, proudly American and exclusive to GM.

None of that means a thing to the new gm. The abominations just seem non-stop. The auto industry is doomed to mediocrity and me-too uniformity. Sad.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 12:19 PM   #8564
genxer

Drives: multiple cars
No attainable Caddy EV sedan yet? A worthy Seville type car?

Do they expect these Vettes to take the Blackwing trim buyers? Can't put them in Hamtramck instead of Lansing?

Really all along, the CTS-V could've profoundly been made under a Corvette wrapper instead.
genxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 07:53 AM   #8565
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
I know Fen is fangirling over this thing, so here it is:
https://gmauthority.com/blog/2022/12...ontana-pickup/

It actually looks better, especially the front end, than I thought it would based on the spyshots. It would take some major changes to be competitive here in the states I think though.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 08:24 AM   #8566
FenwickHockey65

Hopefully GM has something in the works for this segment. There's always the possibility they won't bother with an ICE model and will do an EV.
Old 12-02-2022, 09:40 AM   #8567
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
It looks good...I guess? I mean it's sporty. Better than Santa Cruz in my opinion but softer and "not as truck-like" as compared to the Maverick. Looks wise I'm not sure if I like this more than Maverick or not. But when you consider the interior design and the powertrain options the Maverick is the easy winner.

GM would do well to have a small-truck again in the US lineup, but this ain't it, unless they just want to compete with Santa Cruz.
Old 12-02-2022, 09:44 AM   #8568
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
I know Fen is fangirling over this thing, so here it is:
https://gmauthority.com/blog/2022/12...ontana-pickup/

It actually looks better, especially the front end, than I thought it would based on the spyshots. It would take some major changes to be competitive here in the states I think though.
I’m not a truck guy (have I said that less than a thousand times?) but I’d be interested in something like that.

Quote:
Hopefully GM has something in the works for this segment. There's always the possibility they won't bother with an ICE model and will do an EV.
I think you’re right. The beauty of the Ultium skateboard is it is flexible to all types of top hats. If this segment gains popularity, GM will be able to react quickly.

Tags
fenwickhockey65, gm questions, questions