Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-15-2022, 12:45 PM   #85
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Drives: 2022 M6 ZL1 1LE
Thanks Guys... I honestly was not a fan of her stock, and would not have enjoyed the car if I was unable to mod her. Headers, Intake and E85 make such a HUGE improvement. 650rwhp is where I wish they came from the factory... but since they dont... I had to roll up my sleeves. Thanks for the kind words... trying to make time to button her up this week. Finding time these days is the hard part.
ALL the RED Rear End BMR Goodies + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Remote Tuning and Moral Support from TED @ JRE
BMR Motor Mounts + DMS Front HX + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + 305/345 R888R's = 770rwhp 785rwtq @E50 13.5psi
SOCAL.M6.ZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 12:47 PM   #86
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Doing a quick shake down drive around the neighborhood at 1,500-2,000k RPM sounds amazing!!! the blower is at least 2x as loud even at a cruise. Can't wait to hear WOT
Not to mention the idle chop from TED's cam
ALL the RED Rear End BMR Goodies + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Remote Tuning and Moral Support from TED @ JRE
BMR Motor Mounts + DMS Front HX + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + 305/345 R888R's = 770rwhp 785rwtq @E50 13.5psi
Old 11-15-2022, 12:50 PM   #87
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

I will also add the combination of using the BMR motor mounts along with the V-band upgrade I had done to the ARH collector makes header install / removal sooooooooo damn easy. I would consider that a must have combination for sure!
Old 11-19-2022, 12:01 PM   #88
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Quick Update... Been working with TED back and forth on some data logs... Did my first WOT pull in 4th on the freeway (rolled in soft at 3k to 3,750... then WOT to 5,500) and WOW this puppy can PULL... I need to send him another one soon, just wanted to give a quick update. Now that she is put back together, I sent her out for a detail and ceramic coating service, also had the windows tinted, so I took her out this AM while she was clean for a quick photo shoot and took some video. I'll try to edit tomorrow and share when I can... Cheers!
Attached Images

Old 11-19-2022, 12:43 PM   #89
PowerDemon

Drives: Camaro ZL1, Golf GTI
Which ceramic coat are you going with and tint %? Looking good!
Old 11-19-2022, 12:55 PM   #90
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerDemon View Post
Which ceramic coat are you going with and tint %? Looking good!

I got Ceramic Pro I believe 9H ?
I love this stuff... makes washing a detailing so damn fast!!! the water beads off so easy with the leaf blower

I dont recall, but i know it gets a detail and recoat every 6M.
Not sure on the tint #... I got the best ceramic one and I told him to surprise me

I did all windows and windshield. Love the heat reflection!
Old 11-28-2022, 01:55 PM   #91
45LongColt

Drives: 2018 Zl1 Camaro
Hi Socal,

I really like the looks of your motor and under the hood. I have a couple questions regarding your Valve covers, coil packs and wires. I'm thinking of getting the WeaponX covers, MSD Blaster Coil Packs and use my existing Red Magnacore Plug wires.

1.) Is there anything special needed to swap the Value Covers out? New Gaskets... etc
2.) Do you know if the bolts have a torque specification?
3.) Did you use a relocation kit for the coil packs? If so who's
4.) Can I reuse my current Magnacore wires or do you recommend just replacing due to maybe length differences from relocating the coil packs on top of the valve covers?

Anything else you can recommend, think of or advice on swapping them. Thanks
Big Gulp|NW103|SW Headers|UHO CATS|XPipe|Borla Atak|MM CC|Kong Ported|NSX|ATI Damper|DSX 9.45 Lower|ZPE 2.5 Upper|DM Tensioner|FW Green Belt/BTR Gen V LT4 Cam w/32% lobe/BTR VVT Lockout/Pratt & Miller Chain/BTR Pushrods,Valve Springs, Retainers, Hydraulic Lifters & Guide Plate, Trunnion Roller|Katech Valley|KaTech Valve Covers|MSD Coils|DSX E Sensor & Aux Pump|ICT Water Pump|Katech Oil Pump|Cordes & Mishimoto Expansion Tanks|P3 Gauge|LC-2 Wideband Sensor|KaTech Wires|DynoJet Tuned
45LongColt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 03:25 PM   #92
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45LongColt View Post
Hi Socal,

I really like the looks of your motor and under the hood. I have a couple questions regarding your Valve covers, coil packs and wires. I'm thinking of getting the WeaponX covers, MSD Blaster Coil Packs and use my existing Red Magnacore Plug wires.

1.) Is there anything special needed to swap the Value Covers out? New Gaskets... etc
2.) Do you know if the bolts have a torque specification?
3.) Did you use a relocation kit for the coil packs? If so who's
4.) Can I reuse my current Magnacore wires or do you recommend just replacing due to maybe length differences from relocating the coil packs on top of the valve covers?

Anything else you can recommend, think of or advice on swapping them. Thanks

Hey Colt, I hope this feedback helps.

The swap was easy due to the engine being out of the car. The Katech covers come with new gaskets and bolts, and yes there is a torque spec (i believe 7 foot pounds) Katech also made the coil relocation kit, and that kit requires special length wires that i purchased from them also. The hardest part of the install for me was re-plumbing my PCV system as i installed a CC at the same time ans the Katech covers have different PCV connection locations. Which is a bit of a pain, but so is pulling the motor
Old 11-29-2022, 03:44 PM   #93
45LongColt

Drives: 2018 Zl1 Camaro
Hi SoCal,

Thanks for the info. Looking to order Valve Covers and Coil Packs, but I have a couple more questions.

Using the relocation kit, did it come with, or require longer bolts, since they are now traveling through the relocation bracket plus the coil packs?

As far as the wires go, how long of a plug wires did you need in order to reach the relocated Coil Packs?

My current Mighty Mouse Wild CC vents into the actual GM Oil Filler neck location, does the KaTech oil fill cap thread match that of factory, so I can screw my CC back into the same location.

Thanks again and your right, I shouldn't have stared at your pictures too long... the warning wasn't enough... LOL
Big Gulp|NW103|SW Headers|UHO CATS|XPipe|Borla Atak|MM CC|Kong Ported|NSX|ATI Damper|DSX 9.45 Lower|ZPE 2.5 Upper|DM Tensioner|FW Green Belt/BTR Gen V LT4 Cam w/32% lobe/BTR VVT Lockout/Pratt & Miller Chain/BTR Pushrods,Valve Springs, Retainers, Hydraulic Lifters & Guide Plate, Trunnion Roller|Katech Valley|KaTech Valve Covers|MSD Coils|DSX E Sensor & Aux Pump|ICT Water Pump|Katech Oil Pump|Cordes & Mishimoto Expansion Tanks|P3 Gauge|LC-2 Wideband Sensor|KaTech Wires|DynoJet Tuned
45LongColt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 04:26 PM   #94
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45LongColt View Post
Hi SoCal,

Thanks for the info. Looking to order Valve Covers and Coil Packs, but I have a couple more questions.

Using the relocation kit, did it come with, or require longer bolts, since they are now traveling through the relocation bracket plus the coil packs?

As far as the wires go, how long of a plug wires did you need in order to reach the relocated Coil Packs?

My current Mighty Mouse Wild CC vents into the actual GM Oil Filler neck location, does the KaTech oil fill cap thread match that of factory, so I can screw my CC back into the same location.

Thanks again and your right, I shouldn't have stared at your pictures too long... the warning wasn't enough... LOL

Note that Katech's coil relocation kit only works with their valve covers. The bracket installs on the top side of the cover, not the face, so the bolts are stock length. As for the wire length, i did not measure, but Katech's site says custom size. I would say they are about 6" longer than stock. As far as the CC integration, the filler cap is different on the cast covers i got, so my CC is now venting below the TB, not the filler cap. Hope this helped!
Old 11-29-2022, 04:40 PM   #95
JBones81

Drives: 22 ZL1, 18 RS3, 22 M3P
looks amazing. Would love to see some videos of this car
Instagram - @JBsCars
JBones81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 11:35 PM   #96
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

me too ... I have some video, but need to edit and post, ill try and make some time this weekend...
Old 12-02-2022, 11:36 PM   #97
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

I also just ordered some APEX SM-10's in Anthracite + some Toyo R888R's 305/30/19's in front and 345/30/19's out back. Should have photos to share in a few weeks. Stay tuned
Old 12-03-2022, 02:06 PM   #98
Tim M

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Great thread - will assist with our update for our 1LE. Thanks for posting!