Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-30-2022, 09:18 AM   #29
KenKat

Drives: 2014 2LT RS Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElderJ View Post
Yeah, it looks like the Fort Myers area got slammed. My wife works for an electric company, and they're sending their linemen down there.
We are in Gulf Shores, AL right now and on the way to Mobile on Tuesday, we saw what seemed like a hundred utility trucks fueling up at a very large Buckee’s on I-10. Never seen so many utility trucks.

I’ve been to Sanibel and really feel for what everyone down there is going through in SW Florida.
KenKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 10:25 AM   #30
Ernie70

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Camaro 1LT
We are in Orlando.. We faired out well . I actually slept through it lol. Only lost power From 9pm til 1pm the next day . House held together. I parked the wifes Fiat and the Camaro between the 2 condos so that was good protection from any flying debris. Although we lucked out with no flooding , all the streets within blocks around us were flooded. Especially with Lake Eola overflowing. It was a bit trickey getting to work this morning avoiding any standing waters and floods in the roads. At one point , one of the roads was closed off to one lane for all the other side lanes were flooded. Everyone was going slow around the high side of the area. Then comes a jeep off the side , roostertailing water all over us line of cars. I was not happy having all that crap water splashed up and on the car.
All in all I hope everyone in this state ,on this board made it through ok!
Ernie70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 10:39 AM   #31
PalmCoastSS11

Drives: 2011 SS Convertible
Checking in from Palm Coast Newb

We got it pretty bad but not any where near the Gulf side of the state. Thoughts and prayers to all it has affected.
PalmCoastSS11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 01:45 PM   #32
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Drives: 2015 Spring Edition 2SS M-6
I am in Sebring where the eye came through. Scary as hell with those 90 MPH winds. My Green Flash is safely in the garage and we survived nicely.
House is intact, fencing got knocked down and a tree fell had to be cut up.

Hope all the other Floridians had the same good luck as us.
Tune by DynoSteve via SCTx4 Tuner

One of 82 GF Ragtops built in '15 out of 811 Total

[/SIZE]

theragtopguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 01:15 PM   #33
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
power is back today.threw away lots of food but only a few downed tree limbs .lots of people lost trees here though(lakeland)
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 10:59 PM   #34
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
Found on LinkedIn:

Naples, Florida:
The window installer here needs no further endorsement.
Attached Images

Old 10-04-2022, 12:09 AM   #35
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Holy crap. That should be on a roadside billboard advertising that glass business.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 07:56 AM   #36
Danial

Drives: 2013 SS/RS, 2015 Camaro SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
Holy crap. That should be on a roadside billboard advertising that glass business.
Ha! Right?
Old 10-04-2022, 08:53 AM   #37
ElderJ

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie70 View Post
We are in Orlando.. We faired out well . I actually slept through it lol.

My wife's niece lives in Orlando, and she said everything is fine as well. I mentioned previously that my wife and I were looking at Sarasota as a possible retirement spot, but maybe we need to be looking more towards the Orlando area!
ElderJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 09:30 AM   #38
PalmCoastSS11

Drives: 2011 SS Convertible
Quote:
My wife's niece lives in Orlando, and she said everything is fine as well. I mentioned previously that my wife and I were looking at Sarasota as a possible retirement spot, but maybe we need to be looking more towards the Orlando area!
Have you looked at the Palm Coast? My wife and I bought here 3 years ago, some of the people are a bit much to get used to and adjust to, but once you do it's a great place to safely live. The Hammok
PalmCoastSS11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 12:51 PM   #39
Ernie70

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Camaro 1LT
Quote:
There is still some flooding that is around , but things are slowly coming back to a sort of normality. I have lived in Fl my whole life and have never seen it flood like it did. I have never had any urge to live over on the coast either.
That being said , this is a wonderful place to retire, as I plan to do lol. Just do good research on possible flood zones to where you move.
Ernie70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 10:22 AM   #40
ElderJ

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmCoastSS11 View Post
Have you looked at the Palm Coast? My wife and I bought here 3 years ago, some of the people are a bit much to get used to and adjust to, but once you do it's a great place to safely live. The Hammok

We'll have to check it out
ElderJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 11:35 AM   #41
MSgt O

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Vert LS3/M6
my pops lives in Fort Myers..still without power, just got water yesterday..its pretty ugly in that area. his house "survived" but itll take a while before things in that area ever get back to normal..he was thinking of moving to Pine Island..good thing he didnt, the bridge is out and theyre saying up to 3 years to rebuild it!!
MSgt O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 05:03 PM   #42
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
I live in Palm Bay, just 65 miles east of Orlando, 5 miles south of Melbourne. We got hit pretty hard and saw winds on Wednesday night at 11 pm go from 45-50 with gusts at 60 or so, and by 1 am Thursday morning they were sustained 65-70 with several gusts at 81 mph in Melbourne Beach, which is just accross the river, 2 mile from me, and at the weather station at my state park I work at's weather station that is only 12 miles south of me, which I was monitoring from 11pm Wednesday night until 1am Thursday when it went down from a 81mph gust. All these winds were from the SE, which was blocked kind of by a huge oak tree I have on that corner, and my neighbors houses. Got up Thursday morning 8am and it was dead calm, went out to look and it was nice, went back in turned on the TV and looked at the radar on the weather channel, and we were right in the middle of the eye!! 2.5 hours later, here it comes, the west eye wall winds!! They were sustained 45-50 with gusts to 62mph, and lasted for about 7 hours!!! That was a long one as it blew right on the front of my house as it faces due west, front porch, carport, which is where the winds were coming from now. When I went down on that Saturday afterwards to help with the cleanup, the gust had ripped the main computer/power box for the cameras and weather station right off the main pole supporting it!! Here at the house we had a lot of tree branches, sticks and palm fronds all over the place, but the good thing is we never lost power. I have lived here for 54 years and been through many of these, and it never gets any easier to deal with. We dodged another bullet on this one for sure!! My heart and prayers go out to ALL the Floridians in SW Florida, as it probably will never be the same for quite a long time!! I am also glad to hear all my other Camaro family in Florida farred well with this monster of a storm. Good luck everyone, stay well and God Bless!!

Last edited by 1JEWLDSSRS; 10-05-2022 at 05:18 PM.
1JEWLDSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote