Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-11-2021, 09:43 PM   #1
Dankmeme

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS 1lt
MRT V2 in a v6 convertible?

So i am considering upgrading my stock exhaust on my 2012 v6 convertible. I heard mrt was one of the best out there. Not too loud is what im looking for (something just a tad bit above stock) but i also heard the drone can be bad and this is coming from people who have it on a coupe. But what about convertibles? Is it worse on one, i need your inputs

Last edited by Dankmeme; 01-11-2021 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Spelling mistakes
Dankmeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 12:56 AM   #2
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Drives: 2015 Spring Edition 2SS M-6
I had a '12 Ragtop before the Green Flash. I had the MRT V-2 on it.

Sounded good for a V6. It did drone some, but I did not find it objectionable. I was perfectly happy with that car until I saw the Green Flash and fell in love......LOL
Tune by DynoSteve via SCTx4 Tuner

One of 82 GF Ragtops built in '15 out of 811 Total

[/SIZE]

theragtopguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 07:02 PM   #3
Dankmeme

Beautiful car man. I know you said you didnt find the droning objectionable but is it like loud and annoying or can you just play music and you wouldnt even really hear the drone?
Old 01-13-2021, 06:16 AM   #4
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dankmeme View Post
Beautiful car man. I know you said you didnt find the droning objectionable but is it like loud and annoying or can you just play music and you wouldnt even really hear the drone?
welcome, and congrats. The drone problem happens typically on the highway around 70 MPH, not really that bad, but is objectional to each individual. I never found it to be a bother, but do know it is there. Personally I fell the MRT 2.0 is the best set-up out there, quite when leaving the sub division (stealth mode) and sounds exotic when getting on the main road and jumping on it.

I had the MRT's sitting at home waiting for install prior to taking delivery of my Camaro back in April 2010. I still enjoy the sound and ride after 125K miles now.
Old 01-13-2021, 02:55 PM   #5
Dankmeme

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
welcome, and congrats. The drone problem happens typically on the highway around 70 MPH, not really that bad, but is objectional to each individual. I never found it to be a bother, but do know it is there. Personally I fell the MRT 2.0 is the best set-up out there, quite when leaving the sub division (stealth mode) and sounds exotic when getting on the main road and jumping on it.

I had the MRT's sitting at home waiting for install prior to taking delivery of my Camaro back in April 2010. I still enjoy the sound and ride after 125K miles now.
Thank you for your input. Of course i go around those speeds and higher sometimes on the highway, but if it isnt occurring as i drive in the 25-40mph zone then i would be satisfied with it. This may be the first mod i do to my car, i may order it soon