Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-14-2020, 02:59 PM   #1
MustangCamaro

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
2021 ZL1 Incentives

I am currently in the market for a ZL1 but see that there are no rebates/incentives for them. When do you guys think Chevy will start offering rebates for the 2021 ZL1s? Also, will the mustang conquest offer ever come back?
MustangCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 04:53 PM   #2
Big Surprise

Drives: NONE
I ordered a 2021. Got a small discount from local dealer, could have gotten the same on a leftover 2020 plus the $1500 rebate. I'm hoping when my car comes in there will be something.
Big Surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 05:01 PM   #3
BG2112

Drives: saturn ion
IDK about a ZL1, but I will be looking at a 2021 2SS in January/February and am hoping there will be some decent deals then...
BG2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 06:12 PM   #4
seethruya

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1 Conv
I don’t think there will be any incentives on 2021 Camaro’s until November or December, but wouldn’t be surprised we don’t see any until next spring/summer. It seems like GM is ok selling 30,000-40,000 Camaros a year if that means no incentives and dealers are ok keeping stock levels low if that means the small amount they sell are close to MSRP.

This is a very unscientific example but across the country there’s currently there’s 3055 new Camaros available and 7204 new Mustangs available. Which tells me GM and dealers are starting to view the Camaro more as a niche vehicle.
seethruya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 06:24 PM   #5
Mike Aruba

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by seethruya View Post
I don’t think there will be any incentives on 2021 Camaro’s until November or December, but wouldn’t be surprised we don’t see any until next spring/summer. It seems like GM is ok selling 30,000-40,000 Camaros a year if that means no incentives and dealers are ok keeping stock levels low if that means the small amount they sell are close to MSRP.

This is a very unscientific example but across the country there’s currently there’s 3055 new Camaros available and 7204 new Mustangs available. Which tells me GM and dealers are starting to view the Camaro more as a niche vehicle.

This is half the reason I chose a Camaro over a Mustang this time around. Seems like you see 5 Mustangs per Camaro around here. Not really a fan of having a "me too" car.
Mike Aruba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 08:06 PM   #6
BluePhoenix

Drives: 2020 GMC Sierra AT4
On 2021’s I don’t think you’ll see good incentives for a while. Not unless Chevy suddenly offer 15% or 20% off on all of their cars due to COVID which I extremely highly doubt. Considering the dealer lot shortages. They really don’t have good incentives on 2019 or 2020’s even.

1100 - 3/23/2023
2000 - 3/27/2023
3000 - 3/28/2023
3400 - 4/12/2023 — 4/24 TPW
3800 - 4/28/2023
5000 - 5/30/2023
6000 - 6/03/2023

2020 GMC Sierra AT4 6.2L Black
BluePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 06:58 AM   #7
Invertalon

Drives: 2021 2SS
Yeah, sadly I've come to accept that when my 21 is delivered in a few weeks I'll likely be paying close to MSRP with whatever 'wiggle room' the dealer can do, perhaps around invoice pricing and a GM employee discount that my salesperson is trying to obtain for me. So a few thousand off at best.

Sucks, but it is what it is. I could decline to move forward and wait until Spring and order another one to order in hopes I save a few thousand more, get my $500 deposit back and let the dealer sell it to someone else, but that's not guaranteed either that there will be any good incentives in Spring (or ever). Inventory is low and any new ones hitting the lots around me are sold nearly instantly. The 2SS I went and looked at was only on the lot two days.
Invertalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 04:26 PM   #8
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangCamaro View Post
I am currently in the market for a ZL1 but see that there are no rebates/incentives for them. When do you guys think Chevy will start offering rebates for the 2021 ZL1s? Also, will the mustang conquest offer ever come back?
My guess, probably November before we see any sort of rebate on 2021 Camaros. Maybe only $1,000 if it does happen then.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 06:08 PM   #9
Big Surprise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invertalon View Post
Yeah, sadly I've come to accept that when my 21 is delivered in a few weeks I'll likely be paying close to MSRP with whatever 'wiggle room' the dealer can do, perhaps around invoice pricing and a GM employee discount that my salesperson is trying to obtain for me. So a few thousand off at best.

Sucks, but it is what it is. I could decline to move forward and wait until Spring and order another one to order in hopes I save a few thousand more, get my $500 deposit back and let the dealer sell it to someone else, but that's not guaranteed either that there will be any good incentives in Spring (or ever). Inventory is low and any new ones hitting the lots around me are sold nearly instantly. The 2SS I went and looked at was only on the lot two days.
Did you not get an OTD price? When I orderd my 2021 we agreed on a price because there were no rebates or incentives. But they if Chevy was giving anything when my car comes in I'd get those.
Old 09-15-2020, 06:14 PM   #10
Midnight Rat

Drives: SS 1LE
I would be happy with a 500 rebate at this point. I got GM card points but I don’t see where the 2021 model qualifies, the 2020 does.
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 06:34 PM   #11
VQ35DE

Drives: 2013 / 2SS / RS / L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Rat View Post
I would be happy with a 500 rebate at this point. I got GM card points but I don’t see where the 2021 model qualifies, the 2020 does.
Yes 2021 Camaro qualifies for the card too.

Last edited by VQ35DE; 09-15-2020 at 06:46 PM.
VQ35DE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 09:16 AM   #12
Invertalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Surprise View Post
Did you not get an OTD price? When I orderd my 2021 we agreed on a price because there were no rebates or incentives. But they if Chevy was giving anything when my car comes in I'd get those.
Nope, it would be negotiated at delivery. I got the invoice pricing and all that of the build and talked about pricing, but no firm commitment or anything. Since I will have a trade-in, 2018 Camry Hybrid SE, which fluctuates (actually went up in value recently, so that's good...) and GM incentives that change, the salesperson said it was best to do all that when the car arrives. But he did confirm the dealer discount was like $2500 or so off MSRP and hardly changes at all, so any wiggle would be incentives and trade-in for the most part.

So we shall see... I feel good about the guy I'm working with, it does seem like he will do all he can to get me the best price when the time comes. Sounds like he is trying to work me getting some employee credit/discounts on top of it.

But as my brother is also a cars salesperson and sales manager at Toyota, I get a bit of knowledge and such from him. He put me in contact with a friend of his/sales manager at a Chevy dealer I worked with for a bit, but even then, no real commitment on pricing there until delivery and it didn't sound like much wiggle room at all beyond standard discounts. So I couldn't get a pricing commitment from anyone prior to delivery from the four dealers or so I was talking with. One wouldn't even entertain ordering one for me, at that.

I think all will be good, but time will tell. I am able/willing to walk away if I feel like I am being screwed, but I don't think it will come to that.
Old 09-16-2020, 11:47 AM   #13
Big Surprise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invertalon View Post
Nope, it would be negotiated at delivery. I got the invoice pricing and all that of the build and talked about pricing, but no firm commitment or anything. Since I will have a trade-in, 2018 Camry Hybrid SE, which fluctuates (actually went up in value recently, so that's good...) and GM incentives that change, the salesperson said it was best to do all that when the car arrives. But he did confirm the dealer discount was like $2500 or so off MSRP and hardly changes at all, so any wiggle would be incentives and trade-in for the most part.

So we shall see... I feel good about the guy I'm working with, it does seem like he will do all he can to get me the best price when the time comes. Sounds like he is trying to work me getting some employee credit/discounts on top of it.

But as my brother is also a cars salesperson and sales manager at Toyota, I get a bit of knowledge and such from him. He put me in contact with a friend of his/sales manager at a Chevy dealer I worked with for a bit, but even then, no real commitment on pricing there until delivery and it didn't sound like much wiggle room at all beyond standard discounts. So I couldn't get a pricing commitment from anyone prior to delivery from the four dealers or so I was talking with. One wouldn't even entertain ordering one for me, at that.

I think all will be good, but time will tell. I am able/willing to walk away if I feel like I am being screwed, but I don't think it will come to that.
I ended up around 4.5% off sticker of $77340 and if theres any rebates I'll get them too. No trade though. Dealer wouldn't order without a deposit, I wouldn't without knowing a price.
Old 09-16-2020, 12:01 PM   #14
Invertalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Surprise View Post
I ended up around 4.5% off sticker of $77340 and if theres any rebates I'll get them too. No trade though. Dealer wouldn't order without a deposit, I wouldn't without knowing a price.

My dealer just wanted a $500 refundable deposit, so I am at no loss if I do back out at any time. But not really planning on it