Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - California

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-26-2024, 08:25 PM   #1
FactoryMatt

Drives: '22 2SS 1LE
Works Motorsports @ Sonoma - Great shop!

been meaning to post a review. had a hard time finding a local reputable GM shop to do some track prep and i took a chance on a shop known for subies and evos. funny thing is, their lead mechanic (Gavin) came from a GM performance shop up in sacramento apparently. he's worked for race teams and drift teams as well.

anyway, really really excellent attention to detail and he talked me through the nuances of the work done. pricing was fair and communication was great. these guys live and breathe motorsports and truly went the extra mile.

for me, they did track alignment (100% to spec), cut out the rear cradle bushings for BMR delrin, installed SPL suspension links and Vorshlag plates, did all fluids, brake lines, and installed blackwing air ducts.

https://store.worksmotorsports.com/

Last edited by FactoryMatt; 03-10-2024 at 09:21 PM.
FactoryMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 12:38 PM   #2
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
That's good to know. I'm looking into an alignment soon, and was starting to put feelers out. This is good information. I didn't even know there was a shop like this there.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 01:03 PM   #3
FactoryMatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
That's good to know. I'm looking into an alignment soon, and was starting to put feelers out. This is good information. I didn't even know there was a shop like this there.
for sure! can't recommend them enough. they do i think $199 flat rate (don't quote me tho) alignment, which on these cars is pretty generous. they've got experience doing M3s and Mustangs too so used to doing similar mac strut cars. they got mine perfect to the hundreth of a degree. there's a cafe and motorsports shop at the bottom of the hill if you want to hang out while theyre doing the alignment.
Old 03-15-2024, 09:31 AM   #4
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by FactoryMatt View Post
for sure! can't recommend them enough. they do i think $199 flat rate (don't quote me tho) alignment, which on these cars is pretty generous. they've got experience doing M3s and Mustangs too so used to doing similar mac strut cars. they got mine perfect to the hundreth of a degree. there's a cafe and motorsports shop at the bottom of the hill if you want to hang out while theyre doing the alignment.
I learn something new every day. HA.

Thanks!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 10:39 PM   #5
red6.2

Drives: 2010 camaro
@FactoryMatt , are they open Saturday's and Sunday's? Also do they take walk in's, or are they appointment only?
red6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 10:48 PM   #6
FactoryMatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by red6.2 View Post
@FactoryMatt , are they open Saturday's and Sunday's? Also do they take walk in's, or are they appointment only?
not officially, but they are pretty flexible and might be able to accomodate saturday. i don't know if they do walk-ins, but you can definitely get on the schedule at short notice no problem. Jeff is the guy you want to talk to.
Old 03-21-2024, 12:18 AM   #7
red6.2

Drives: 2010 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by FactoryMatt View Post
not officially, but they are pretty flexible and might be able to accomodate saturday. i don't know if they do walk-ins, but you can definitely get on the schedule at short notice no problem. Jeff is the guy you want to talk to.
Thanks Matt! I will give them a call tomorrow.
red6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote