Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-19-2015, 05:18 PM   #15
Cory0518

Drives: 2016 HyperBlue 2SS
I'm gonna sell my g8 for the 6th gen as well.
Cory0518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 09:19 PM   #16
MrTaco

Drives: 2012 Acura TL
Quote:
Originally Posted by bybcous View Post
Should i get a value on my trade in before ordering or after. Id hate to have car arrive and then i am lowballed for my g8 since they ordered the car
You are in Hampton Roads in VA? If so I would say sell your G8 before buying the Camaro, you always get more money selling private party and there is no tax benefit when trading your car in VA.

I have to sell my TL before getting my Camaro but I plan on trading it since there is a healthy tax benefit when trading a car into a dealer here in Texas (I only pay tax on the difference in value between my trade and the new car versus paying tax on the full purchase price of the new vehicle).

This all depends on whether or not you have an alternate form of transportation.

I'm from VA myself and I have never traded a car before so this will be a new experience for me.

And yes I would get a value but the problem is they might not guarantee it for very long. You might get lucky and find a dealer that is willing to give you some kind of value commitment. I was about to trade my TL on a Subaru STI and the dealer here was going to take my trade early and give me a loaner to drive until the car I bought arrived.
MrTaco is offline   Reply With Quote