Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-13-2015, 03:34 PM   #1
bybcous

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS
Ordering a camaro process?

After some reading i understand ordering requires no down payments. My real question is if i do not order how hard will it be finding a no option 1ss with automatic the first month if i dont order. After how long after these cars start arriving at dealers will i be able to do a simple google search and find the car i want locally. Or go into a dealership and have plenty off cars to choose from? I never tried to purchase a new vehicle with this kind of following before.
bybcous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 04:09 PM   #2
cwl011

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
It will be pretty hard to find one on the lot at first. Unless you are scouring the local lots every day, they will most likely be snatched up as soon as they pull off the truck. You might as well order it, it will be the same price and you can get the color you want and options that you want. Also you will know when you will get it, usually around 8 weeks after ordering.
cwl011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 04:33 PM   #3
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
It will be hard to find a no-option 1SS sitting on a dealers lot. The majority of SS's that dealers get for their lots will likely be loaded 2SS models. And for quite a while, the cars will be snatched up rather quickly instead of sitting around.

But more importantly, what do you have against ordering the car you want?
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 04:45 PM   #4
bybcous

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
It will be hard to find a no-option 1SS sitting on a dealers lot. The majority of SS's that dealers get for their lots will likely be loaded 2SS models. And for quite a while, the cars will be snatched up rather quickly instead of sitting around.

But more importantly, what do you have against ordering the car you want?
I feel like I am going to end up paying MSRP If I do, because they will think I am just so excited that I ordered the vehicle. The dealer I just called told me there is a $500 dollar deposit that does go towards the vehicle when pre ordered, should I check with another dealer or is this normal?

Another big reason is buying the car without seeing the various colors in person first. I have not even narrowed down a color yet. I have only been able to rule out the hyper blue because it reminds me of those scions.

I also the 2015 Camaro consumer cash ends on 31AUG15

Last edited by bybcous; 07-13-2015 at 05:09 PM.
Old 07-13-2015, 05:11 PM   #5
amerhash28

Drives: camaros in his dreams
You guys are lucky if you will get your orders 2 months later.when the car hits the dealers in america & canada market it will be in middle east in like 5 months later
ordering is a nightmare even for 5gen cars.my cousin ordered a 2015 ecoboost mustang premium and they told him he will get the car in like 6 months
amerhash28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 05:43 PM   #6
bybcous

Quote:
Originally Posted by amerhash28 View Post
You guys are lucky if you will get your orders 2 months later.when the car hits the dealers in america & canada market it will be in middle east in like 5 months later
ordering is a nightmare even for 5gen cars.my cousin ordered a 2015 ecoboost mustang premium and they told him he will get the car in like 6 months
how much more do you guys end up paying over there? Are there a lot of chevy dealers there to choose from?
Old 07-13-2015, 07:40 PM   #7
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
I have ordered with no deposit, most often with $100 deposit, and for the C6 $500 in May before its August start and for the Gen5 in October before it too started production. There is no rule requiring a deposit. In fact, my C6 deposit was made in December, eight months before the start of regular production and five months before the order bank opened.

If you order have the salesperson write the terms on the Vehicle Purchase Order sheet. For the C6 it was "MSRP no GMS' and for the Gen5 "MSRP minus $200 OR Supplier if available." I had at least one order that stated $100 over Invoice.

A bare bones 1SS will need to be ordered. Only a few large scale high volume Camaro dealers will order such for stock.

Doing a retail sold order, whether as a pre-order or after the start of production a simple retail sold order, is an anxiety provoking frustrating endeavor and in the end one of the best adult e-ticket roller coaster rides a normal person can experience, But be careful, as frustrating as it can be, it also can be addicting. The number of repeat retail sold order makers astounds me. It should not as I am one but it does.

I encourage you to go for it and if you do not have a long time relationship with a local dealer, talk to Becky Doyle at Rodgers Chevrolet. Even if you do not place your order with her you will be hard pressed to find anyone in the business who is more straight forward about the process or when it comes to Camaro anyone who knows more about the product.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 10:00 PM   #8
murz2345

Drives: 2009 Malibu
Excuse my ignorance but I've never ordered a car from the dealer before. Do you pretty much end up paying sticker price or what is meant by "Supplier Pricing"? I am completely in the dark. Thanks a lot
murz2345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 12:18 AM   #9
JaxChris

Drives: '16 2SS GD1 MX0 NPP F55 IO6
Quote:
Originally Posted by murz2345 View Post
Excuse my ignorance but I've never ordered a car from the dealer before. Do you pretty much end up paying sticker price or what is meant by "Supplier Pricing"? I am completely in the dark. Thanks a lot
Supplier pricing is a below MSRP, above Invoice pricing program offered by GM to select affiliations. You can see what the price differences are by going to the below website. These prices can be stacked with other advertised offers, which combined, could get you below Invoice -- something a dealer would never allow any random customer to negotiate.

Supplier pricing + consumer cash + private offer can net you a pretty good deal on a new GM vehicle.

https://www.gmsupplierdiscount.com/
JaxChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 08:31 AM   #10
cwl011

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxChris View Post
Supplier pricing + consumer cash + private offer can net you a pretty good deal on a new GM vehicle.
A couple questions on this. Will there be consumer cash at first? When you say private offer are you talking about a dealers offer outside of gm? One last one, the dealer i stopped at told me i would get the consumer cash deal and private offer at the time in which the car arrived on lot, how would i negotiate if i didn't know what these are at the time of ordering? Is it going to be a huge gamble?
cwl011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 10:41 AM   #11
bybcous

Consumer cash ends 8.31.15
Old 07-15-2015, 11:11 AM   #12
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Yes a gamble if incentives are necessary to complete the deal. Incentives change constantly and only the ones in effect on the day you take delivery apply. There are a variety of private offers one of the most famous being the USAA. I suspect the new Credit Union program will be considered to be a Private Offer. Also the GMCard credit card has regular top offs which can a one or two thousand to your points.

To get the best deal be eligible for the employee discount but if not and you have a friend who works for GM, the Friends&Family program offers supplier pricing and the employee can give out quite few authorizations, I think two per month.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 03:18 PM   #13
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
So, if I want to try and use a GM private offer from the website, I would need to find that is in effect when I take delivery of the new Camaro? From what I understand, when these private offers pop up on the website, they allow you to basically chose which vehicle you want to use it for, but I'm not sure about that.

Do you think there is any chance of getting one and being able to use it on the 2016 Camaro when they are first being produced and delivered?

I am supposed to be getting the car at invoice (per what my sales guy said he would do for me)....can a private offer be combined with invoice, or is that not possible.
Old 07-19-2015, 04:30 PM   #14
bybcous

Should i get a value on my trade in before ordering or after. Id hate to have car arrive and then i am lowballed for my g8 since they ordered the car