Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

AWE Tuning

Old 07-05-2015, 08:49 PM   #1
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Order is in...well sort of!

Went to my local dealer yesterday, dealers are able to select all trims with all options, just not able to officially submit the order to GM now, but my dealer said that he can save it in GM Global Connect, and once the order bank opens up he can push it through. They are a large dealer, they will have quite a bit of allocation initially, and I am first at this dealer. I am getting a 2SS, mag ride suspension, dual mode exhaust, no sunroof, gray painted split spoke wheels ( which are listed by codes, dealer and I couldn't figure out what code went to those wheels, has to find out), red hot (which I am changing to garnet red, thought all the red pics shown so far was red hot), adrenaline red interior, and 8 speed auto. No nav, waiting for Android Auto and will use Google Maps. Really no other options listed...oh and spoiler can not be deleted or changed for those interested. Now the waiting begins!
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 09:27 PM   #2
MemBluff23

Drives: 19 Camaro SS
MemBluff23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 09:54 PM   #3
DanaM

Drives: 2010 Ram 1500 / 2006 Charger R/T
Send a message via Skype™ to DanaM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
Went to my local dealer yesterday, dealers are able to select all trims with all options, just not able to officially submit the order to GM now, but my dealer said that he can save it in GM Global Connect, and once the order bank opens up he can push it through. They are a large dealer, they will have quite a bit of allocation initially, and I am first at this dealer. I am getting a 2SS, mag ride suspension, dual mode exhaust, no sunroof, gray painted split spoke wheels ( which are listed by codes, dealer and I couldn't figure out what code went to those wheels, has to find out), red hot (which I am changing to garnet red, thought all the red pics shown so far was red hot), adrenaline red interior, and 8 speed auto. No nav, waiting for Android Auto and will use Google Maps. Really no other options listed...oh and spoiler can not be deleted or changed for those interested. Now the waiting begins!
SWEET!! And congrats. and thank you for checking out the spoiler delete
DanaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 11:08 PM   #4
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
So you could view all trims and all options but no pricing. Is that correct?
Old 07-05-2015, 11:43 PM   #5
Waiting46

Drives: 1981 silver corvette,Hyper Blue 2SS
I feel like there are going to be at least 3 major packages for this car, did you hapen to see anything besides the nav upgrade? like a safety upgrade, a creature comforts upgrade, anything like that?
Waiting46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 12:58 AM   #6
ajp
50th Anniversary Vert

Drives: Camaro 2017 50th Anniversary
Was there a body kit option? Splitter or side skirts?
Old 07-06-2015, 02:34 AM   #7
CamaroBody

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
gray painted split spoke wheels ( which are listed by codes, dealer and I couldn't figure out what code went to those wheels, has to find out
3rd wheel from the right?

CamaroBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 03:17 AM   #8
lgKido

Drives: 2002 Dodge Ram :(
That's pretty damn exciting SSport16. Can't wait to see the pics when it comes in.....
lgKido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 09:02 AM   #9
SSport16

No problem...I had him delete it, but it states that you must have it checked. There was no other option, just said "spoiler".
Old 07-06-2015, 09:06 AM   #10
SSport16

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
So you could view all trims and all options but no pricing. Is that correct?
Yes that is correct, all trims/options shown, no pricing. They have no idea at this point when pricing will be available, I might be picking the car up and just finding out the price. I have an idea in my head what it will be, but from what I have read from GM, no major price increase from the '15 model.
Old 07-06-2015, 09:09 AM   #11
SSport16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting46 View Post
I feel like there are going to be at least 3 major packages for this car, did you hapen to see anything besides the nav upgrade? like a safety upgrade, a creature comforts upgrade, anything like that?
No packages, basically all a la carte options...but I am getting a 2SS, maybe the 1SS or 1LT might have convenience type packages, not sure, didn't see any for the 2SS package.
Old 07-06-2015, 09:11 AM   #12
SSport16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajp View Post
Was there a body kit option? Splitter or side skirts?
Didn't see any body kits or such...stripe packages, car covers, etc. was about the only out of the norm type things.
Old 07-06-2015, 09:13 AM   #13
SSport16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroBody View Post
3rd wheel from the right?

Yes those wheels...there were codes listed, 56, 55 or something like that, description for 4 wheels listed was the same, hence why the dealer was not sure which ones were which. He is supposed to find out...I have never seen any codes for the '16 for the wheels. Seems kind of silly, but maybe it will become more detailed once orders are able to be submitted to GM? Not sure.
Old 07-06-2015, 09:16 AM   #14
SSport16

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgKido View Post
That's pretty damn exciting SSport16. Can't wait to see the pics when it comes in.....
I am excited too. Sold my '98 SS a few years back, have had an itch ever since. Had a Gen 5 on order before they came out, but another dealer screwed me big time and I ended up cancelling. Considered the Stingray, love that car, but it is a little impractical for me right now with my kids. I know the backseat isn't anything huge, it will be sufficient when they are back there, plus they are very excited!