Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-06-2015, 09:07 AM   #15
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
I doubt a Z/28 is coming for 2016. With no news on such a car, I wouldn't have put a penny down.

My dealer is asking for $1,000 deposit to be on their list. For the first SS or LTs. I am #1 which means as soon as they get an order allocation I have 2 days to get my order placed for what I want or that allocation closes.

The downside is we have no idea what will be offered in regards to packages and options. When the 2010's were released a lot of things were limited. I hope the 2016 isn't that way so I don't have to wait even longer for the things I want.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 09:33 PM   #16
StuckInNYForever

Drives: 2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 M6
Judging from this chart, July 23rd would be a good guess (like laborsmith said): http://www.arifleet.com/publications...tart-up_dates/ .
StuckInNYForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 02:42 PM   #17
Zapote21
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 2SS
Went to my dealer... They said they will be happy to order me one on day one... With no money or anything.... They love me...lol
2016 C7 DSOM
2012 2SS yellow vert
2017 2LT Krypton Green
2018 2LT Hot wheels crush
2020 2SS Shock vert.
2017 2SS Krypton Green coupe
Zapote21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 05:47 PM   #18
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
They love a good customer. Hey, I have done the same.

I believe the 2016 ATS is now in production and the ATS-V is scheduled to start regular production just over a month from now. It seems the Gen6 is moving ahead as scheduled so early orderers should be getting ready.

By the way, it is likely things like pricing we not be available when the order bank opens (per past practice) so if any one on this forum is thinking about doing a pre-order be sure to know you are doing so blind. I have done it several times and never regretted it but just know that is how it is.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 10:26 PM   #19
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by laborsmith View Post
They love a good customer. Hey, I have done the same.

I believe the 2016 ATS is now in production and the ATS-V is scheduled to start regular production just over a month from now. It seems the Gen6 is moving ahead as scheduled so early orderers should be getting ready.

By the way, it is likely things like pricing we not be available when the order bank opens (per past practice) so if any one on this forum is thinking about doing a pre-order be sure to know you are doing so blind. I have done it several times and never regretted it but just know that is how it is.

Laborsmith
So if that does happen and order banks open up before pricing...how long does that typically go on? I definitely want to see pricing before I order.

Also is there typically any word about when supplier pricing will be available? (say before or when regular pricing is revealed.)
Old 06-11-2015, 06:03 AM   #20
laborsmith

MSRP and Program Pricing (employee etc.) come out at the same time, usually just before the start of regular production. The order bank will start taking orders several weeks before all this. That means at least one round and often two rounds of allocations will be completed before pricing is available.

There are exceptions, the biggest I can think of being the Camaro Gen5 where pricing was released a few days before the order bank started accepting orders. I do not know why then or if the same reasoning would apply now.

Also, as many on the forum know, just because program pricing is announced does not mean it is immediately available. There is usually a month or two lag pending inventory build up. Again Gen5 is an exception.

To close, just because program pricing is available, dealer participation is voluntary, but once a dealer chooses to accept it can not suddenly decide not to. Corvette is treated differently and a dealer can accept program pricing for one Corvette model series (convertibles as an example) and not be required for all (coupes for example) but once accepting can not unilaterally stop.

Laborsmith
Old 06-11-2015, 08:56 AM   #21
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
MSRP and Program Pricing (employee etc.) come out at the same time, usually just before the start of regular production. The order bank will start taking orders several weeks before all this. That means at least one round and often two rounds of allocations will be completed before pricing is available.

There are exceptions, the biggest I can think of being the Camaro Gen5 where pricing was released a few days before the order bank started accepting orders. I do not know why then or if the same reasoning would apply now.

Also, as many on the forum know, just because program pricing is announced does not mean it is immediately available. There is usually a month or two lag pending inventory build up. Again Gen5 is an exception.

To close, just because program pricing is available, dealer participation is voluntary, but once a dealer chooses to accept it can not suddenly decide not to. Corvette is treated differently and a dealer can accept program pricing for one Corvette model series (convertibles as an example) and not be required for all (coupes for example) but once accepting can not unilaterally stop.

Laborsmith
I appreciate that information....it helps clear some things up.

I did have a friendly chat with my sales guy today about this topic. He also did say that supplier pricing is not always immediately available. But he also said he'd offer the new car to me at invoice pricing regardless. He said that typically invoice and supplier are pretty close (within a few hundred dollars) with each other, with sometimes supplier being slightly less, or slightly more. Would you agree with that statement?

If that's the case, then I may have no need to wait for supplier if it isn't available from the start.
Old 06-11-2015, 09:14 AM   #22
laborsmith

I find supplier pricing to be a little over invoice, but then we get into a discussion of what invoice pricing is and I will not participate in that. The once upon a time advantage of supplier pricing was the document fee limits but that limit has been done away with in many states. I believe the up to $75 document fee limit remains intact for employee pricing. There was a time when no document fee could be added to program pricing deals.

And, yes, a "at invoice" sale is a good deal.

Laborsmith
Old 06-11-2015, 12:04 PM   #23
HuJass

Drives: GM
The problem with invoice pricing is that often there are advertising costs added to the invoice price, jacking it up by sometimes as much as $1K.
2004 Colorado ZQ8
2002 Trans Am WS6 Collector Edition
1999 Blazer
1994 Grand Prix SE B4U
HuJass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 08:26 PM   #24
Waiting46

Drives: 1981 silver corvette,Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieC View Post
I ordered a 2016 Z2/8, I put down $5000. What I found out is it doesn't get you a low vin number if you order early. I guess what it does do is allows you to get the first one at the dealership. Come on LT4!!!
Im willing to bet there will be a 2016 Z/28. Just, not an alpha based Z/28. Im pretty sure GM will keep the hipo zeta based cars around for a year, they did the same thing for the CTS-V, after the alpha CTS dropped...I think
Waiting46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 07:53 AM   #25
Bassment

Drives: 2016 Red Hot 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting46 View Post
Im willing to bet there will be a 2016 Z/28. Just, not an alpha based Z/28. Im pretty sure GM will keep the hipo zeta based cars around for a year, they did the same thing for the CTS-V, after the alpha CTS dropped...I think
no... The factory is shutting down. They can't make the 5th gen at the new factory.
Bassment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 08:24 AM   #26
laborsmith

Oshawa Assembly is not shutting down. Camaro production was moved do to the body change.

Laborsmith
Old 06-12-2015, 08:30 AM   #27
Bassment

Drives: 2016 Red Hot 2SS M6
Quote:
Oshawa Assembly is not shutting down. Camaro production was moved do to the body change.

Laborsmith
Isn't the Camaro production at Oshawa ending permanently in November though? - meaning they won't be making 2016 5th gen z/28's?
Bassment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 10:09 AM   #28
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassment View Post
Isn't the Camaro production at Oshawa ending permanently in November though? - meaning they won't be making 2016 5th gen z/28's?
yes, but they make other vehicles in Oshawa - probably losing a shift, but may pick it up again with a new model or other production moves.