#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 02-10-2016, 07:57 PM   #379
crankaholic

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
2nd, 3rd and 4th are very different, and those are the ones you use the most at the track.
Yeah, that was part of the transmission upgrade... the gears are nowhere near as far apart, not to mention the first and final ratios are identical (same spread), as just sticking a much lower geared rear would do to the current version.
crankaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 07:59 PM   #380
Cmyskill
17 ZL1 what a car....

Drives: 2021 M S PLAID, 2017 ZL1 A10 White
Send a message via AIM to Cmyskill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen_Nick3.8 View Post
Purist = 00.001% of potential buyers. I want a 2SS 1LE like my 5th gen. It's 2016 I want creature comforts with my race car
GM PLEASE GIVE ME THE 2SS OPTION... Minus the heated seats is fine. PLEASE

Cmyskill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 08:05 PM   #381
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
For whatever it's worth, Motor Trend did a comparison of the Z/28 vs the GT350R (make sure you note the "R" everyone) at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway with Randy Pobst at the wheel, and the R beat the Z by only 1.16 seconds. A good margin, but not mind-blowing, and again, it's the full-on R trim. So I'm gonna guess this new 1LE will be close to, if not plain faster than, a GT350TP. Al O has said the base SS puts down faster times than the gen 5 1LE, at GM Proving Grounds I believe, and this 1LE is well above the base gen 6 SS with the upgrades. The 1LE vs GT350TP comparisons are gonna be sweet!!!

And since I made the comment about wishing the 1LE could be had with the 2SS, to those of you ragging on anyone who holds the same wish, I understand GM's thinking with this. That said, we may not track our cars much, and that does not make us inferior Camaro owners/enthusiasts, despite some of your ignorant thinking. I have a 5th gen 1LE and I honestly have yet to take it to the track, although I certainly want to. But I don't make a ton of money, I have a mortgage and a child, and so while I can afford the car, I can't necessarily afford all the extra fun some of you can. And it is my daily driver, so yes, I like to be comfortable while I'm driving the crappy city streets with all of its congestion. That said though, I firmly believe I enjoy my daily drives more with a 1LE than with a standard SS because of the upgrades, even if I don't ever get to drive it at 10/10ths. I'm not mad at Chevy, nor will hurl insults at them, for not offering it on the 2SS. If I were to get this 1LE, I'm sure I'd be quite happy with it as it is. I'm just glad it has the MRC. That's the one and only option that if offered, I would definitely have grabbed on the gen 5.

P.S. Here's the Youtube link to the Z/28 vs GT350R comparison for anyone interested...
Thanks for adding the Z/28 v GT350R comparison. I find it strange that they used an unfamiliar track (for most) for this comparison. Was it picked by Ford? Does it favor the GT350R? Strange???
Old 02-10-2016, 09:16 PM   #382
Adrian97c

Drives: Wife's 14' IS 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
For sure, with a 285/305 setup, they would have to be. I am assuming the widths are like the 5th Gen.

I sold my 5th gen along with my 1LE replica wheels, I think this time around I'll go for the Z28 gloss replicas by MRR, look good on a 16'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Built on • 3/22/16
Adopted • 4/07/16

Sold on 2/05/16:
2014 Camaro SW L99, 2SS, RS, NAV, Inferno Orange Interior:
-Borla ATAK catback
-Range AFM delete
-15% tint all around
-Red LED interior bulbs
-55k white Cree LED fogs
-License plate LED bulb swap
-12" Sub Kit, BA amp swap
-Oracle ghosted LED sidemarkers
Adrian97c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:22 PM   #383
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
Mr. Wyndham, Thanks for a job nicely done. I appreciate you answering all the questions posted by everyone. It was interesting to hear that the new seats are a little tighter/snugger than the previous Recaros. I do have a question though, will the 1LE have rev-match? I read every post and GM media release and did not see it mentioned anywhere. Thanks
It's an SS, so rev-match is there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda7050 View Post
"EDIT: To all the folks thanking me for posting - you're welcome, but please thank Chevy and the Camaro team, as well. They invited representatives from the forum, among a mere 50 or so people (total) present for this preview. They truly to consider YOU, the enthusiast, an asset to their operation. And it was humbling to be there, to represent you, and I'm glad to be able to bring this information and answers to questions to our membership."

Chevrolet certainly picked right when they selected you for the preview Mr Wyndham. You are very courteous to others and articulate in your responses. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post
Is the "track cooling package" on the 1LE actually any different than what's on the 1SS? I just see mention of trans, diff, and engine oil coolers, but those are already on the 1SS.

Thanks for this write-up!
I don't think it's different, but I do think they're drawing more attention to it for the purposes of track use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsoul View Post
Is the manual transmission the same model number as the current SS? I'm thinking that since it has new cooling, it must not be the same. How about the ratio's are the the same? Is it the same part number manual transmission as some other car in the Chevy lineup say the Z-51?
I believe the manual transmission is unchanged from the SS.
Old 02-10-2016, 09:23 PM   #384
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
Unhappy

I wonder which will have a faster lap time: the new 1LE or the prior ZL1 or the Stingray Z51?

Too bad that it would not be offered with the A8 transmission, I hope GM changes their mind
'14 Camaro ZL1 w/. Recaro seats
'11 Mustang GT 5.0 w. track package
'02 Porsche 911 Carrera
'05 Infiniti G35 coupe sport
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:34 PM   #385
Red Jewel RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Awesome! I like it that it is offered as v6 and v8. A larger segment can enjoy these cars on a track if they want.
Red Jewel RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:55 PM   #386
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
OK Thanks Mr. Wyndham, did you hear if the 1LE cooling for the Engine, Trans and Diff. are the same pieces used in the standard SS model or beefed up for track use?
Old 02-10-2016, 10:44 PM   #387
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
OK Thanks Mr. Wyndham, did you hear if the 1LE cooling for the Engine, Trans and Diff. are the same pieces used in the standard SS model or beefed up for track use?
I will clarify, but I think it's the SS equipment.
Old 02-10-2016, 10:58 PM   #388
SDG23

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS M6
Nice seeing details on the 1LE package. I'm thinking a 1SS 1LE will cost about what a standard 2SS costs. I'm not totally sold on the 1LE yet over a standard 1SS (only because I doubt I'd track it) but since I wanted a plan on getting either a 2017 or 2018 1SS with 6spd manual and NPP anyways, the 1LE will make my decision making a little harder.
SDG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 11:42 PM   #389
doc7000

Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDG23 View Post
Nice seeing details on the 1LE package. I'm thinking a 1SS 1LE will cost about what a standard 2SS costs. I'm not totally sold on the 1LE yet over a standard 1SS (only because I doubt I'd track it) but since I wanted a plan on getting either a 2017 or 2018 1SS with 6spd manual and NPP anyways, the 1LE will make my decision making a little harder.
Consider this, you also get better sport seats, a HUD, short shifter, and a few other things.
doc7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 12:20 AM   #390
Clearly_Canadian

Drives: 2017 2SS Camaro
Is this black 1le have a purple hue to it or is it just the lighting? It is is purple WOW!! Looks awesome!!!!��
Clearly_Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 12:36 AM   #391
Phidelt59

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Awesome. Those wheels are sick.
Black 5 Spoke
Phidelt59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 01:01 AM   #392
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
So this may be kind of a dumb question, but why doesn't Chevy offer a rear seat delete option for the 1LE? The rear seats are pretty useless on the 2016 as it is. I know insurance costs would go up, but if this needs to be such a stripper car that they won't even let you order Bose speakers, why not offer some aggressive weight reduction options?
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2016 camaro, 2016 camaro 1le, 2017 camaro, 2017 camaro 1le, 6th gen camaro 1le, camaro 1le, camaro 1le 6th gen, camaro forum, camaro forums