Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

Phastek Performance

Old 12-19-2018, 11:43 AM   #1
ccie6746

Drives: 2017 Summit White Coupe
17 LT to ZL1 1LE Look Alike

Always been a Camaro fan restoring 69 Camaro's since 1984. This 17 LT is my first Camaro not a 1st Generation. After the Z/28's Big Block SS's etc. I wanted all the looks of the ZL1 1LE but the automatic transmission, no whale tail spoiler, and no need for a supercharged v8 when you have teenagers in the house . So after driving a 17 LT on sale at a local dealership and feeling how well it handled on the winding backroads behind the dealership I knew that car had potential. Lots of torque, great handling, and after swapping wheels/tires and minor suspension parts knew it would match most anything on the street. Along with the ZL1 appearance items both inside and outside like the ZL1 Rear spoiler and side skirts in gloss black, matching rear valence for quad exhaust,and wrapping the hood to match the fender hash mark graphics it was already molded in my mind...Adding a CAI from K&N with a Borla Exhaust changed the way it ran and sounded drastically without voiding my warranty.

So let's get it started, my blank slate.....
ccie6746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 11:49 AM   #2
ccie6746

Graphics and Hood Wrap in Satin Black

Graphics:
Wrapped the hood, and had fender hashes made from matching 3M Satin Black vinyl. Yes the wheels are now black SS but those change 3 times before the 2018 ZL1 ILE wheels and tires arrive.

Old 12-19-2018, 11:54 AM   #3
ccie6746

SEMA Grill and RS HID LED Headlights

Added OEM RS HID Headlights and LED DRL's with Gen5DIY's magic harness, opted for the non-dimming harness which keeps the DRL's at 100% brightness at ALL times, when car is started, not just in gear, and also when headlights are on the DRL's glow at FULL strength and its an attention getter. The harness does require power from a fuse in the fuse box to power the relay that overrides the factory dimming and engaging only when in gear, in 2018 and up cars it also over ridges the extinguishing of the DRL's when the turn signal is in operation..

SEMA Grills in Gloss Black, Matching Summit White Trim

RS Headlights and GEN5DIY Harness Kit, plug and play operation.
Old 12-19-2018, 11:55 AM   #4
ccie6746

Front Splitter

Front Splitter arrived in gloss black finally....

Old 12-19-2018, 11:57 AM   #5
ccie6746

OEM Engine Cover - Custom Painted

Custom finish on an OEM engine cover is a nice touch to me, as I like to restore or enhance vs drastically change the factory appearance, plus remember again this car is new and under warranty

Part was sanded smooth and painted gloss black and factory summit white.

Engine bay's new look w/polished K&N CAI Kit, Painted engine cover.

Old 12-19-2018, 12:02 PM   #6
ccie6746

ZL1 1LE Wheels ARRIVE - ZL1 Side Skirts Installed

Now for the big change to ZL1 appearance, the side skirts arrived in gloss black and required fasteners. 20 mins later car was flat on ground with them installed, couldn't be easier, couldn't have fit better. ACS Composites out did themselves on those puppies ! The 2018 1LE wheels also finally arrived, wrapped in the newest Michelin Sport Pilot 4S with laser engraving, they grab like no other on the street.

ACS Composites ZL1 Side Skirts, ZL1 1LE Wheels

1LE wheels make the car, too bad they're not available w/o 6 speed
Old 12-19-2018, 12:06 PM   #7
ccie6746

Time for Hardware - Perf Brake Kit

Performance Brake Kit w/4 piston Brembo calipers and 15" rotors was next now the rubber and hp were on the road. The Camaro stopped unrealistically quick in stock form compared to most factory cars and my daily drivers have been BMW M & Sport models over last 20 years...Adding these Brembo's the car now stops short, anytime I brake hard I stop short of target and must let up... they don't know what fade is...and they look fantastic behind the satin black 1LE wheels.

4 Piston Brembo Chevy Upgrade Kit

Installed with painted rotors

Looking great behind those satin black 1LE's
Old 12-19-2018, 12:10 PM   #8
ccie6746

Camaro Update - Pics to date

Camaro pictures of car up until now, about to start the interior replacing all pads on doors, console, dash with ZL1 suede (Alcantara) parts, ZL1 Alcantara steering wheel, custom painted door trim in summit white ordered and under way....

Also like to point out the white side marker lights, Diode Dynamics makes LED side markers that ROCK. They come in smoked (tint), normal OEM red and amber, or clear, these clear exposing only white are perfect for white cars and blending to the point they disappear. that is until they are turned on, then the full length LED's show at a distance even in Florida sun.

Here's some complete pics as she is at this point:

My LT coming around, getting close but still more to do....

Showing off gloss vs satin in garage.

While there are changes to be done to what's here, more stages to complete, she's already unique on the streets of Florida.Rear black graphics on quarters are about to go away, bigger rear spoiler in black is coming... This pic really shows off the factory replacement emblems, black script emblems and of course black bow ties front and rear.

Last edited by ccie6746; 12-19-2018 at 01:04 PM.
Old 12-19-2018, 12:16 PM   #9
ccie6746

Interior Post

ZL1 Suede pads, Summit White custom painted door trim, and LED illuminated door sills all go in today..

ZL1 Door Knee Pad in Suede (Alcantara)

ZL1 Console Knee Pad in Suede

OEM Door Trim in factory Summit White

These were done by same place in Ohio that did the engine cover

LED illuminated sill plates really set it off and make a huge difference.
Old 12-19-2018, 12:28 PM   #10
ccie6746

ZL1 Gloss Black Rear Spoiler Arrives

Yes I got a Summit White painted factory type spoiler for the car in the beginning, but now going gloss black and with ZL1 parts, so upgraded to the ZL1 rear spoiler. This is much thicker and beefier all around than the non ZL1 Camaro rear spoiler, although its identical is shape, its thicker, wider all around. Came finished in gloss black matching the side skirts and front splitter and really sets the car off allowing me to remove the black graphics from quarters and rear trunk lid between the RS blacked out LED tail lights also from GM but with GEN5DIY harness for plug and play operation of LED tail lights and added LED backup light.

TCPG - That Camaro Parts Guy sent this OEM GM ZL1 factory painted gloss black... Matt is now Wildhammer Motorsports.. Matt supplied the majority of the OEM parts seen in this thread.

installed, now to remove those graphics...
Old 12-19-2018, 12:33 PM   #11
ccie6746

Camaro Up to Date picture

Another up to date overall picture of the Camaro with all gloss black parts installed around those ZL1 1LE wheels, 305/30 tires in front, 325/30's in rear giving a really mean stance and overall look.

Now it's time to finish up on the interior parts, get that ZL1 steering wheel installed and swap out a few pieces I wish I went another way on, like the quad-borla exhaust vs the Chevy Performance, due to the rear valence change I opted for Chevy performance mufflers, also they won't void warranty.. But that valence is the last remaining piece that is flat black, all rest if gloss black around the bottom.. Ordering gloss black rear valence for quad-tip and Borla Exhaust my son wanted from day one. Valence and Borla together cost same as Chevy Performance mufflers :(
Old 12-19-2018, 12:35 PM   #12
ccie6746

ZL1 Suede Steering Wheel

Steering wheel arrived with suede like feel, I love the Alcantara and after installing this decided to purchase one for my 17 Mustang GT convertible, GT350 Style w/Alcantara, very comfortable, weathers better than anything else available today for steering wheels.

Next... Suspension parts installation..
Old 12-19-2018, 12:35 PM   #13
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
not a bad looking car now but why buy a base model and spend so much money on it? could have just ordered a ss 1le or a zl1 lol
Old 12-19-2018, 12:41 PM   #14
ccie6746

Suspension - Front & Rear Sway Bars & Bushings

Keeping the car flat while those 30 series Sport Pilots do their job all the way around, so added these beautiful aFe sway bars front and rear from Wildhammer Motorsports, with silicone bushings etc... Adding these made it noticeable sound wise, going in and out of the garage, over little steps like that the bushings squeak a little, more so on those cold winter Florida mornings of 50 degree's when car has sat for days or weeks without being driven . Aside from that, all else is same, ride height, no other noises, not harsher in ride feeling, but car refuses to lean, no matter what....job done. aFe turns out is in tampa, florida. Ordered from TCPG.com now Wildhammermotorsports.com but got them the next day ! I leave in Clearwater, FL area.. I love the bright color showing thru just enough to say, I'm not stock.

aFe Performance Sway Bar Kit