Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 06-02-2018, 04:37 PM   #15
Drumbc

Drives: 2016 v6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaling View Post
Just curious... What kind of gains can be expected with that setup on 91? I don't think I've seen that posted up yet. And have dyno sheets been posted up for the e85? Thanks for all the work you guys are putting in for these cars
I actually am planning to dyno my car on 91/93 Here soon...... e85 has been well fun I would say, will at overkill has been amazing with all his help and tuning expertise...... still working out bugs on e85 and my car has been on it for 2-3 months, it made 310whp yes but I honestly think it would make around 320whp now.....
Drumbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 05:12 PM   #16
jingaling

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT V6 MT
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumbc View Post
I actually am planning to dyno my car on 91/93 Here soon...... e85 has been well fun I would say, will at overkill has been amazing with all his help and tuning expertise...... still working out bugs on e85 and my car has been on it for 2-3 months, it made 310whp yes but I honestly think it would make around 320whp now.....
Nice... I can't wait to see what you post up.
jingaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 09:55 AM   #17
mano_camaro
IYAOYAS

Drives: 22 1LE 2SS M6 Riverside Blue
Those are pretty good numbers. I have been tempted to get the overkill tune, because if i needed, the ECU can be put to stock right?

i'm just concerned about wait time other members have experienced like waiting 2 months to receive the handheld unit by mail, and any needed updates that can take long to get as well. The price for the overkill tune and a local dynoshop tune is exactly the same at $575.
mano_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 01:39 PM   #18
Dustya

Drives: Overkill Supercharged 2016 CamaroV6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mano_camaro View Post
Those are pretty good numbers. I have been tempted to get the overkill tune, because if i needed, the ECU can be put to stock right?

i'm just concerned about wait time other members have experienced like waiting 2 months to receive the handheld unit by mail, and any needed updates that can take long to get as well. The price for the overkill tune and a local dynoshop tune is exactly the same at $575.
This is true... but Will is a one man show and he is one of the only ones that knows our ECU inside and out. Alos most local dyno's are going to charge to retune.. and $575 seems way underprice considering our cars take $200 in HP tuners credits alone. My local tuner and dyno shop have over 30 hours of tuning on my car and we are still learning.. I was just lucky enough to find someone that is letting me learn with them.

If your looking for a basic tune with the mods you have you might be fine at your local shop but expect to drop some more $$ should you want to retune again with a different mod later.

Also with Overkill you are getting the handheld device which is nice for data logging and clearing codes if you need too.

Not trying to sway you just trying to show you the cons..

Follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/hyperhawkcamaro/
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHR...-ilSpV3gMQnTuA

Supercharged with Overkill Superchargers http://www.v6superchargers.com
Dustya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 10:09 PM   #19
mano_camaro
IYAOYAS

Drives: 22 1LE 2SS M6 Riverside Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustya View Post
This is true... but Will is a one man show and he is one of the only ones that knows our ECU inside and out. Alos most local dyno's are going to charge to retune.. and $575 seems way underprice considering our cars take $200 in HP tuners credits alone. My local tuner and dyno shop have over 30 hours of tuning on my car and we are still learning.. I was just lucky enough to find someone that is letting me learn with them.

If your looking for a basic tune with the mods you have you might be fine at your local shop but expect to drop some more $$ should you want to retune again with a different mod later.

Also with Overkill you are getting the handheld device which is nice for data logging and clearing codes if you need too.

Not trying to sway you just trying to show you the cons..

Dustya, Thanks for the reply, i will keep that in mind. you are right, future retunes at the dynoshop would be $125.
mano_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 01:03 AM   #20
BlueVelvetCamaro

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Doesn't Gen5DIY have a harness for converting to E85?
BlueVelvetCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 02:10 AM   #21
GhostEye07

Drives: '16 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueVelvetCamaro View Post
Doesn't Gen5DIY have a harness for converting to E85?
E85 Sensor doesn't work on the V6 and I4 ECU. You can do E85 you just can't do FlexFuel or have a sensor read the Ethanol Content
Old 06-06-2018, 02:27 PM   #22
BlueVelvetCamaro

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Well dang that sucks
BlueVelvetCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 07:24 AM   #23
Dustya

Drives: Overkill Supercharged 2016 CamaroV6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueVelvetCamaro View Post
Well dang that sucks
It definitely does especially when you spend hours and hours testing each pin on the ECU .... because you are determined its going to work.. pretty stupid GM coded in the option to turn disable and enable flex fuel in the software but not allow a pinout for it.

Follow me on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/hyperhawkcamaro/
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHR...-ilSpV3gMQnTuA

Supercharged with Overkill Superchargers http://www.v6superchargers.com
Dustya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 01:02 AM   #24
Jamesborg

Drives: 2016 v6 rs camero
Decided to wake this back up I have a Supercharged v6 Camaro and I need to run e85 for the power 91 ain’t cutting it any kits out there yet?
Jamesborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 03:27 PM   #25
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesborg View Post
Decided to wake this back up I have a Supercharged v6 Camaro and I need to run e85 for the power 91 ain’t cutting it any kits out there yet?
Only option is Overkill on full E85 no flex fuel I believe
Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 05:31 PM   #26
Street Lethal
Tech Anarchist

Drives: GM F-Body's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesborg
O2 sensors work in Lambda, the gas and E85 scales are equivalent, just a different reading which is calibrated based on their respected air/fuel ratios. Meaning, just fill it with E85 and go. If a tuner claims he is "tuning" you for E85, all he is doing is recalibrating what your ECU defines as being a stoich reading. But without the tuning, then 14.7 AFR is 9.76 AFR in Lambda. There is more than enough O2 correction for any deviance, but as mentioned, the scales are equivalent.

- Rob
Old 04-02-2021, 05:19 AM   #27
Sinister6

Drives: 2016 LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
O2 sensors work in Lambda, the gas and E85 scales are equivalent, just a different reading which is calibrated based on their respected air/fuel ratios. Meaning, just fill it with E85 and go. If a tuner claims he is "tuning" you for E85, all he is doing is recalibrating what your ECU defines as being a stoich reading. But without the tuning, then 14.7 AFR is 9.76 AFR in Lambda. There is more than enough O2 correction for any deviance, but as mentioned, the scales are equivalent.

- Rob
So run e85 without tune and it'll be fine got it
Sinister6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 10:34 AM   #28
Street Lethal
Tech Anarchist

Drives: GM F-Body's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister6 View Post
So run e85 without tune and it'll be fine got it
Heh, gotta love one hit wonders who hide behind sarcasm. What does Lambda read when running E85 in a gasoline scaled ECU, any idea? Me honestly thinks you don't have anything...

- Rob
Street Lethal is offline   Reply With Quote