Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 06-08-2021, 06:46 PM   #1
Kejn

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro 6th gen
List of possible upgrades from 1LS to 3LT(before rest 2LT)

Hi guys ! Finally I buy this awesome car !
But in my country you don't have good choice and I take best variant(ofc for me) of what was. And I bought 1lt (2019/22000mi/2.0). I know.. I know only 6.2V it's true power and true "muscle car.." But in my country I must to pay tax about 25000$ only for 6,2 engine plus cost of the car, no matter new or was in used car.
I sat in 3lt and 2ss version and in general terms I know, how it's look's like.
So can you help me to create the list of all function that I can upgrade ? Yeah, I read the forum, but I think we need to draw the line.

1. Interior Illumination.
We can easy install "illuminated sill plate" and "door's handle".
Also we can install illuminated bowtie.

What about illuminated cupholder ? I didn't found any information..

2. Digital Odometr(information center).
We can easy install this, but we need change vin-number and use on cars 2016-2018 odometr before rest, and on cars 2018-current use restyle odometr.

3. HD Radio 8` and Bose system (tehnical package)
As I know we can install radio like digital odometr (change vin-number).
And I think it's not magic install Bose.

4. Leather Interior
We can change seats, roof, doors. Atelier can recreate good replica. Also we can use pseudo-original "Katzkin Covers", some guys said that quality equal original or maybe better than original.

5. Wireless charger
We can easy install charger, but as I know charger can't give energy to more younger smartphone. For example If you have charger from 2016, you can charge smartphones' model of 2016 or before 2016.

6. Climate control block and Dual-zone climate
3LT camaro has Dual-zone climate and ventilated seats buttons.

Can we install Dual-zone control ?
Can we install climate control block with more options and buttons and finally connect our ventilated seats to control it ?

7. Ventilated Seats
Let's assume.. we have cloth seats.

Can we install coolers and connect this to Climate control block ?

So If we can't install coolers into cloth seats, we can buy new recaro seats or leather was in used seats.
Can we connect coolers in this situation ?

8. Rear view mirror Blind-spot control
So we can install europian(Big) mirrors or american(aesthetic right) mirrors.

What about blind-spot control ? Yeah, I know that we can install not original solution.
But what's about original option, where in corner of your mirrors you can see blinking sign(emblem), when some objects near you in blind spot ?
We can't get/find mirrors with this option ?
Or we can't connect this mirrors to our car's electronics ?
Or all problem in sensors installation ?

9. Exterior
Yes it's not about upgrade from 1LT to 3LT. Often it's looks like same.
But I think it's requre little mention.

We can install original spoiler from any camaro6 version.
We can remove any vinyl original stripe without damage or ofc install any stripe.
We can install bumper from any camaro modification(ss, zl1) and install led lamps or swap lamps on more darker version or vice versa.

Maybe I missed some options/functions or don't know full information or gave disinformation. I want to see my "upgrade road map". I think we need pick up all forums' info and to draw the line.

P.S. Yes if man wants, He can cut and make sunroof option )), but I think we will talking here not about radicals ways..
Kejn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 08:28 PM   #2
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
You’ve got the right idea on many of the points, the only issue I would say is related to the 8” radio/Bose system. You can upgrade from the 7” but that includes replacing wiring harnesses, components, HMI, etc. as well as custom programming from White Automotive.

The best way for audio wouldn’t be adding the factory system as that would be more expensive then adding aftermarket speakers/setup and the aftermarket setup would be better sounding too.

The blind spot monitoring hasn’t been done, best bet would be aftermarket or talking to White Automotive.

Rear-view mirror is possible and is nice, I have it added in my 2016.

The ventilated seat is possible on the Recaro’s with a harness from Gen5DIY but nothing on the heated aspect.

Dual zone climate control hasn’t been done and imo it would be extremely costly and not worth it out of everything on the list. I doubt any shop would want to do that and if it was done then there would be future problems with it
Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 04:58 PM   #3
Kejn

Tnx for response !
Your modification-journal so strong !)

I don't fully understand about Blind Spot and ventilation/heated seats.

Blind Spot

I can try to search this in aftermarket.
Ok, I understand that's all sensors inside mirrors. And I must easily install and to get the power.

I find this --> https://www.ebay.com/itm/15-19-GM-CH...-/293060204944

What do you think about this, it's will work ?

Leather heated Seats with Ventilation

Can I switch "HVAC Heater A/C Control Panel" like in the above picture(on more advanced version) ?
It's work like Odometr(gauge) - I must change my vin-number and it's will work ?

So, Recaro's seats can work with ventilation but not with heated.

What's about If I buy original leather seats, maybe from 3lt,SS2 or zl1, can I connect both function(ventilation and heated) and connect this with swapped "HVAC Heater A/C Control Panel" ?

Situation when I can't find original leather seats. My cloth seats, upgradeable ?
Can I find and buy kit(coolers, cables and other components) for my cloth seats ?
Has it installation nuances ? For example, I need cut the hole and pull the wiring.
Old 06-10-2021, 04:59 PM   #4
Kejn

Missed url.
Simple HVAC Heater A/C Control Panel vs advanced verion --> https://imgbox.com/gJfLRiuZ#
Old 06-10-2021, 09:24 PM   #5
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kejn View Post
Tnx for response !
Your modification-journal so strong !)

I don't fully understand about Blind Spot and ventilation/heated seats.

Blind Spot

I can try to search this in aftermarket.
Ok, I understand that's all sensors inside mirrors. And I must easily install and to get the power.

I find this --> https://www.ebay.com/itm/15-19-GM-CH...-/293060204944

What do you think about this, it's will work ?

Leather heated Seats with Ventilation

Can I switch "HVAC Heater A/C Control Panel" like in the above picture(on more advanced version) ?
It's work like Odometr(gauge) - I must change my vin-number and it's will work ?

So, Recaro's seats can work with ventilation but not with heated.

What's about If I buy original leather seats, maybe from 3lt,SS2 or zl1, can I connect both function(ventilation and heated) and connect this with swapped "HVAC Heater A/C Control Panel" ?

Situation when I can't find original leather seats. My cloth seats, upgradeable ?
Can I find and buy kit(coolers, cables and other components) for my cloth seats ?
Has it installation nuances ? For example, I need cut the hole and pull the wiring.
The blind spot eBay you sent is just the glass, it would not add the blind-spot monitoring sadly. It's integrated into the computer system I believe so would require programming for it.

The HVAC Heater A/C panel doesn't plug and play swap, I'm not sure how the dual-zone climate control is but I know it is at least more just the panel. I haven't seen anyone ever do this mod sadly.

If you get original leather seats then you have to swap the driver seat harness between your old driver seat and the new one for it to work. Only Recaro's have the harness for cooled seats from Gen5DIY, the heated functionality doesn't have any harness or way to work currently. I'm currently in the process of adding Recaro seats to my 1LT and I can confirm it is a painstaking process.

You can get some Katzkin to upgrade your cloth seats, there maybe someone out there that can custom fabricate an aftermarket kit to use with the custom leather but you'd have to ask different shops to see costs and possibilities.
Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 02:49 AM   #6
killswitchpo

Drives: chevy camaro
Upgrading

So I did a lot of digging what I find out is you have 7 different models
1ls, 1lt, 2lt, 3lt, lt1, 1ss,2ss, and ZL1. What I learn is if you try to get info from the dealer they will lie to you. Today I'm be talking more about 1ls, 1lt, 2lt, and 3lt.
1ls they all come in 4 cylinder six-speed manual it will be super hard to upgrade everything. This you will have to find a wreak 2lt or 3lt and swap all the wiring out.
1lt up to 3lt they have v6 and 2.0L manual and auto. 1lt looks like just like the 1ls however not as much work needed. I will conform on Monday PT time about HMI model. but I do believe 1lt with the 7in screen come with the IO5. The reason why I say this because you have some 1lt model with 8in screen but no premium Bose sound system. Upgrading!

7in to 8in screen, I will conform this Monday about the IO5. Depending on which 8in screen your going to get LED or non LED. If you want the LED package you will need to program your IO5. You will do batter if you get android 8in screen it looks just like the OEM 8in. This apply to the LED on the trim door and cupholder.

Wireless chager all you need in the harness or recreate it.

Blind Spot on the mirror, its possible to instal them you need the harness and reprogram your cluster and IO5

Heads up display you will need the full HUD unit upper dashboard panel and the second panel from cluster to the passenger.

Cluster, if you get it brand new in the box you shouldn't have to program the OB

Heated Seats, I'm not really for sure about this but the I believe if you change out the A/C control panel which as the same connections. If I can find some one that's welling to loan me a leather seats from a any 6gen except for zl1 and zl1 1le

I'm the prosses of changing everything in my V6 camaro
killswitchpo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3lt, blind spots, tuning, upgrade, ventilation